Old Friends Meet

"What did she say after you told her you loved her?" Lena leaned across her desk to reach the tray of chocolate ( y/n) had brought.

"She kinda kissed me." ( y/n) flashed red as she recalled that kiss and what it had meant.

"Wow, no words needed huh." Lena flashed her friend her biggest toothy grin she could muster. " I told you a move here was going to be good for you. "

"Lena people keep trying to kill you, the first time it happened I felt a need to protect my stubborn friend." ( y/n) laughed, but she remembered Lena telling her about the plane and explosion, her brother took out a contract on her life, that had been the turning point, whether or not Alessandro had cheated didn't matter (y/n) was always coming home.

"You know I already have a superhero to save me right." The CEO leaned back in her chair confidently, making (y/n) roll her eyes at the display.

"Oh please, you really need to get this sorted out, you are sounding like the typical damsel in distress and it is troubling to me."

"Hey until you have come face to face with a certain girl in a cape you have no right to judge."

(y/n) laughed. "Seriously I knew it, you have a crush on Supergirl." She had been teasing her for weeks about it, realizing she was right made her feel very pleased with herself.

" I do not (y/n) don't keep shouting that around. " Her gaze went to the balcony behind her just to check no one was there, (y/n) watched where her eyes moved to.

"Oh my God she comes here a lot doesn't she?" (y/n) gasped, too excited at her own revelation to breath properly.

"What no just when she needs to ask something."

" Like when she needs some physical attention. " The chef wriggled her eyebrows up and down suggestively, making Lena blush even more.

"Wait a minute have you done it on this desk? eww, Lena." ( y/n) launched herself backward taking the chocolates with her protectively shielding them as though they were about to be traumatized.

"Don't be so dramatic of course not."

" Are you sure? "

Lena sighed and raised her eyes to the heavens. "Don't you think I would remember if Supergirl and I had had sex on my desk?"

"Maybe she is a crap lay."

In the middle of their friendly banter, neither one had noticed the door open, watching them bemused were Alex and Kara who looked as red as a radish.

"So this is what you two get up two when your alone, you talk about superheroes and how bad they are in bed." Alex laughed watching the two finally realize they were not alone.

" (y/n) why can't your girlfriend learn to knock? " Lena whispered across at her, earning a little chuckle from her friend.

"She is a rebel, what can I say I find it sexy as hell." ( y/n) confirmed.

Alex pushed Kara further into the room, knocking wouldn't have saved her she had heard their conversation a long way away.

"I'm on drunk girlfriend pick up duty." The elder Danvers sister smiled at the chef, who rolled her eyes.

" We aren't drunk. "

"Yes, this is us just naturally high on life." Lena protested, crossing her arms over her chest as she did.

"Exactly Lena you tell them."

"Kara, what is wrong with you? you look like someone just smacked you across your face, both sides of your face." ( y/n) narrowed her eyes to take in her girlfriend's younger sister.

"Oh, nothing I just ran here."

" Why? "

"Oh, just getting some exercise, you can't get enough of that." The three other women looked on at her puzzled and bewildered. Alex buried her face in the palm of her hand. What is she doing?

"Err okay."

Alex decided to put her sister out of her misery and change the subject. "So are you two done? We could go and get something to eat."

(y/n) and Lena exchanged glances and nodded at each other.

"Yes, let's go."

                                                                              xxxx

"That was the vacation where (y/n) was nearly eaten by a shark." Lena laughed, nudging her friend's shoulder.

" You were nearly eaten by a shark? " Kara asked amazed.

"No Lena has her drama queen hat on, it was a nurse shark no one was ever killed by one of them." Lena laughed and shrugged when ( y/n) nudged her back.

Alex watched the two friends, she had done it a few times when they had all been together, she had to struggle with her own irrational jealousy. They were friends she told herself over and over yet there was always that doubt in her mind.

"That was the year we came up with our pact," Lena recalled happily.

"What pact?" Kara asked just having plowed a massive slice of pizza into her mouth.

(y/n) groaned loudly at the memory.

"We made a pact that when we got to thirty-five and we were both single we would marry each other."

"What," Alex exclaimed sounding more alarmed than she wanted to.

"It was (y/n)'s idea, and it still stands right (y/n)?."

"Oh, Lena every time you talk I want a big hole to open up and then did does and it's your mouth." The chef looked at her friend distressed, one look at Alex told her she was right to worry.

"Lena you and me, bathroom right now!"

In the privacy of the bathroom (y/n) starred at her best friend in disbelief.

"Are you crazy?"

"It serves you right for teasing me about Supergirl." Lena shot back smugly.

"Oh you are so in trouble, just wait, Lena Luthor its coming and it's going to be big." (y/n) promised her (e/c) eyes shining with certainty.

"Oh please (y/n) I am so not scared."

"You will be."

"Now I gotta get this out but how fucking hot does Alex look tonight? "
"Seriously (y/n)." Lena doubled over laughing at the intensity of her friend's eyes in that moment.

"Hey is it my fault my girlfriend stops all rational thought in me."

"Yes it is, you've never been like this before with anyone you've dated. "

"I know."