Meet The Parents_____And Cat.

"I cannot believe you did that Alex, are you absolutely crazy?" (Y/n) screeched across the room, she'd just finished a full and hectic day at work she really didn't need this.

Alex grimaced. "Well, my Mom said she was visiting and then I was with Kara and Cat sort of invited herself and before I knew it we were having a dinner party with my Mother and your family too."

" Oh God, this is a really bad idea Alex, Cat and me in the same room when I'm trying to impress your Mom. "

"You already impressed her, you think I'm the reason she is visiting again so soon after the last time?"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. "Yes you have a mother who loves you, accept it, Alex, not everyone is so lucky."

Alex bit her tongue, she knew she shouldn't have said something (Y/n) would interpret as offensive, especially when it involved mothers, there was Kharys and now her strained relationship with Cat if mother was attached to the title (Y/n), had troubles with them. "I was trying to put your mind at ease."

(Y/n) sighed. "I know, I'm sorry I'm just having trouble seeing how this will end well."

Alex shot across the room in record time hopping over the dog who had decided to lay out in the middle of the room playing with his newest toy, the rabbit teddy Alex had spotted in the pet store window that afternoon during an alien raid and couldn't resist so she'd returned after work to buy it.

(Y/n) sunk into her embrace, her arms two warm protecting welcome shields from the hostile world, with Alex she felt safe because she knew she was.

She smiled into her shoulder, the feeling of being truly loved by someone was intoxicating, the fact the someone giving it was someone like Alex still amazed her, but she wasn't going to question it, the feeling was just too magical.

Alex soothed her hand down (Y/n)'s long hair, threading her fingers through the soft silky strands. "It will be okay I promise, and my Mom loves you no matter what, I think she actually succeeded it getting you made a saint by the way, so expect a notice in the mail any day now."

(Y/n) chuckled. "Is that how it works?"

" Well, who knows I guess we ask Joan of Arc next time we see her. "

"At Comic-Con perhaps."

xxx

(Y/n) took one final look in the mirror, running a slender finger along the bottom of her lip the ensure her lips were smear free, her finger shook slightly.

"(Y/n) I think the lamb is done." Alex called from the kitchen, peering over the top of the oven door she had open a tiny bit.

(Y/n) gasped mortified. "What are you doing close the door, it has three minutes left!"

" It's three minutes who cares? "

"Who cares? I care, those three minutes could mean life and death, Alex, they are the most important three minutes of your life!"

Alex raised an eyebrow. "Slightly too dramatic."

"Just stay away from the food, I can't afford a disaster, not tonight." ( Y/n) stressed.

"Hey, babe it's going to be okay." Alex smiled, pulling her into her arms, hands firmly held onto her hips. " Stop getting so stressed I'm here to help you okay and if Cat starts any crap I'll just throw her out the window. "

(Y/n) chuckled at her joke, "My hero."

" Better believe it, baby. " Landing a hard kiss on (Y/n)'s newly painted lips before pulling away all too soon.