A Place To Land

"I definitely like this one," Alex said her head bent over the magazine laid out on the kitchen counter, as (Y/n) filled the raw potstickers with their fillings, she'd decided to give Kara a gift, she'd felt like cooking and she knew she would more than appreciate them.

"Which one is it?"

Taking to heart (Y/n)'s words of a vacation away just the two of them Alex had thrown herself into researching locations, though a breakaway on a desert was not on the cards, she'd have to convince (Y/n) about the merits of that at another time, so she'd hit the internet and launched into some magazines to find the perfect location.

"The one in the middle of a wood, a lake nearby and no one around for a hell of a long way." That had been the reason she'd chosen it, there would be no one around to interrupt them, they could to blissfully and utterly alone.

"Like last time, I was thinking of a beach house overlooking the ocean, but just up a little on the cliff."

Alex raised an eyebrow. "I'm not too keen on waking up in the morning, the house having fallen off the cliff, thank you very much erosion."

(Y/n) turned her attention from her task, moving to the counter that Alex sat at, a small ball of fluff curled up asleep at her feet. "I have ulterior motives thank you very much."

" What ulterior motives? " Alex questioned waving the pictures under her nose hoping she would change her mind.

(Y/n) leaned on the counter, resting all her weight there a roguish smile across her mouth. "Well I was thinking to myself, I've never ever seen Alex in a bikini in the water, then my mind started coming up with a lot of fantasies, that included you wet running out of the water in slow motion, hair pulled back from your face because its wet, your wet all over actually, and then you come closer and there are small beads of water dripping from your face into the sizzling hot sand and I short circuit because I've never seen anything so hot, you are so hot your actually melting." The chef took a deep breath needing to give herself some time. "Then as you stand over me, blocking out the sun that makes your hair shine even redder, I pull you closer and reenact the scene in From Here To Eternity, there was a reason I made you watch it with me you know." She winked.

" Wow, okay let's do that, let's go to the beach! "

With a large excited smile on her face, (Y/n) lifted herself up onto the counter and placed a very quick kiss to the other woman's lips, before jumping back down and continuing her task of making Potstickers. "We'll have such a fun time you'll see, besides I was thinking maybe we could go back to that lovely cabin again for our one year anniversary, it was such a wonderful time together, it should be saved for something equally as special."

" I love that idea. " Alex smiled, (Y/n)'s storytelling had made it sound very alluring. "Why are you making this again?"

" Because I am happy and Kara is a sweetie. "

"You know she's going to storm in here like Taz the Tasmanian Devil right?"

" Yeah, but I've nailed everything down, don't worry, we'll still have an apartment afterward. "

"You also know if you keep feeding her she will never leave," Alex said whimsically.

" Oh she will leave, how else would she get any Lena time? "

Alex shook her head. "it's still so weird, Kara and Lena Luthor."

" Hey, Lena is the best! she also loves Kara so quit your bellyaching. " (Y/n) warned playfully.

"I'm not bellyaching, it just seemed to take an eternity to get them there that is all."

" Well, yeah there is that. "