Gaelic justice Part Six

(Y/n) breathed deeply anxiety coursing through her she had been on pins for hours, ever since they had brought her father here, the wait wasn't waiting and the doctors seemed to delight in not having any news to tell her. 

Cat paced the floor once again, her hand slouched nervously into the pocket of her pants as the other was placed in her mouth, her fingernail receiving the brunt of her anxious thoughts. 

"Will you please sit down." (Y/) sighed, she'd said the same thing about twenty times still the older woman never seemed to listen. 

"I can't just sit and do nothing."

"You aren't doing any good now just annoying me."

"Where were you anyway? why did it take you so long to get here?" Cat finally asked she'd been playing over the events of the night in her mind ever since she had been placed in his boring white waiting room waiting to see if her husband was going to be okay. 

(Y/n) had only arrived when they got to the hospital and as far as she was aware (Y/n) had been in the apartment with them, yet she hadn't come into the room to see her father, she hadn't even come out of her room to see him off to the hospital she had shown no concern at all, and if there was one thing Cat Grant had known all along was how much (Y/n) cared for her father, this was uncharacteristic. 

The chef shifted nervously in her chair, the plastic hard and not enjoyable to rest upon, her mind trying to frantically come up with an excuse a reason why she hadn't been there yet Superwoman had been. 

"It's easy I was just coming out of my bedroom when Superwoman entered the apartment she saw me and told me to go back inside I was in danger."

"Yet Alex was there."

"Yes, but she is a badass and I am a chef Cat in a fight who do you think would have any chance she can literally beat someone up and I to upset them could criticise their crab bisque." (Y/n) shrugged. 

Cat stared at her suspiciously there was definitely something she wasn't telling her, she tilted her head to the side, and the other regarding the younger woman in front of her seeing something for the first time. 

(Y/n) shifted again nervously under her gaze. 

"You know (Y/n) I've never noticed this before but you...no you do you look a lot like Kara Danvers, you know her don't you Alex's younger sister?"

"Really how strange no one has ever said that to me before." (Y/n) laughed nervously. 

"Hmm, I'm sure they haven't."

(Y/n) turned around her frantically searching out the figure of her girlfriend she needed something and someone to change the subject to take the heat of her, she had left to get coffee's well coffee for herself and Cat tea for (Y/n) but that had been half an hour ago and she still wasn't back yet. 

"I wonder where Alex is that coffee will be cold by now." The chef spoke anxiously. 

"Don't worry I'm sure she will be back soon, maybe she will bring Kara along, I'm sure she has heard about tonight."

(Y/n)'s head sprung up to meet her knowing gaze. "What do you mean?" OMFG does she know Kara is Supergirl, Kara never mentioned this!

Cat's eye twinkled with a knowing light that made (Y/n) swallow hard, a lump in her throat seeking to act as an obstacle to her revealing of the stress she was feeling, this couldn't mean what she thought it mean, Kara wasn't so stupid as to tell Cat Grant of all people who she was. Was she?

"I mean (Y/n) that Alex and Kara are very close, and you two are close friends with Kara aren't you?"

"Err...well maybe I mean I wouldn't say we were living in each other's pockets close but we are more acquaintances."