Call Her By Her Name

(y/n) sunk into the warm comfort of her sofa as she revealed in the bliss of what having a night off felt like, no busy rush, no panic over an overdone steak or an underdone Salmon.

A happy smile on her face she took a sip from her glass of wine and leaned her head back thinking about the night before with Alex.

Their first night spent together the memory was enough to keep her preoccupied all day, her issues over Alex's ex was not solved especially when she knew that Alex was out with her right at that moment was some kind of hero together.

"Damn I gotta stop thinking about that."

She wished she had asked Lena for dinner now, she needed to talk about what had happened make sure that it actually happened and it wasn't just a figment of her imagination, because a naked Alex Danvers had featured so many times in her dreams and daily fantasies from the moment she met her, even when she hated her she had been the main attraction in her wildest dreams.

Sighing (y/n) began to feel the onset of boredom creeping up on her, she wanted to be with Alex again, maybe go back to that night they had sat on her sofa and talked, laughed and shared sweet kisses.

Wondering how tacky it would be to retire to bed early and with Alex in mind pleasure herself, rejecting the idea quickly she instead decided on a movie.

knock. knock

The knock on the door startling her she headed to the door, stunned to see a worried looking Kara a frown of sadness on her face.

"Hi, Kara what's up?" Has something happened to Lena?

"(Y/n) Alex is in the hospital."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened with shock and horror.

"She was shot tonight, she asked for you, could you please come?"

(Y/n) hesitated only for a second before pulling the door closed behind her and running with Alex's sister down the hallway.

                                                                             xxxx

For two hours (y/n) waited in the hospital, corridor sat on the hard chair that made her butt ache and feel numb.

Kara hadn't sat down once since they arrived, this had made her question her wisdom about dating someone like Alex, she had a lifetime of worrying about her father could she take more?

"My Dad was shot once." ( y/n) suddenly broke the silence.

"I'm sorry." Kara turned her worried attention to the woman who sat shell-shocked on the chair in front of her.

"It was two weeks after my Mother left us and I remember being so afraid I would lose my Dad and be left all alone."

"Was he okay?"

"Yes he recovered quickly but I still worry every day he is out there working."

"And now you have Alex."

"Yes." Someone else to worry about. 

The sound of footsteps drew their attention to the lone figure making her way up the hallway, (y/n) clenched her teeth to avoid shouted out her disapproval.

"Kara, has the doctors said anything?" Out of breath from rushing Maggie Sawyer looked from Alex's sister to the woman who sat on the chair. At least she looks like she cares about Alex.

"No nothing yet."

Looking to (y/n). "Is it okay if I wait too?"

Kara looked back at the chef she looked a little lost sat there alone, as though she wanted to shout no as loud as she could, Kara braced herself for the negative reply.

"Yes, it's okay."

Both Kara and Maggie breathed a sigh of relief for different reasons seating themselves either side of (y/n) all waiting for news.

                                                                                     xxxx

(Y/n) opened one eye and came face to face with a very close up nipple, for a moment she wondered what was going on.

Turned out lying on top of a sleeping naked Alex was pretty comfortable, especially when her cushion was a fine breast.

"This is definitely my favorite way to wake up." (y/n) whispered to herself.

"Glad I could help."Alex chuckled making (y/n) gasp in surprise and blush in embarrassment.

"You are blushing." Alex caressed the patches of red that tainted her otherwise perfect skin.

"It's cute."

Moving the short distance  (y/n) moved to the lips that had been teasing her, she placed a soft echo of a kiss making Alex sigh, as (y/n) was pulling away two hands grabbed her head and pulled her back to deepen the all too brief kiss.

Tongues fought for dominance as the kiss became a heated pool of passion.

Without warning Alex shifted them so she was on top, leaning over the chef like a predator having won its prey.

"You drive me crazy." Alex's voice had taken on a deep husky tone as her eyes locked down on the heated look in the other woman's eyes.

"Good, what are you going to do about it?" (y/n) challenged running her foot along Alex's suggestively.

"You'll see."

(y/n) welcomed the warm passionate embrace as Alex savagely took her lips with her own.

                                                                                       xxxxx

The gentle tapping on her shoulder finally woke (y/n) when she opened her eyes it was to find Kara bent over her something akin to a smile on her lips.

"Alex is awake she wanted to see you."

Ignoring the whispers of sleep that dogged her (y/n) leaped to her feet and rushed to Alex's hospital room to find Alex awake a big bandage covering her left shoulder indicating where she had been wounded.

"Alex." ( y/n) whispered as tears filled her eyes she had been so afraid something would happen to her she hadn't given any thought to what she would say when she woke up.

Alex cracked a smile as she looked at the awkward woman standing in the doorway, eyes shiny with unspilled tears. "I've been dying for another kiss all day this was the best way I could think of to get one."

(y/n) burst into laughter despite the urge to cry or strangle the woman for being so at ease with what had happened.

"You gotta know by now Agent Danvers you don't need an excuse for a kiss, for you they are free and available on tap."

"Well damn, I went through all of this for nothing."

"Oh, I wouldn't say nothing I can think of a few ways I can punish you for getting into this situation."