Stood Up At The Bar

Alex wasn't proud of what she had done, but she knew she would make the decision again if given the chance. Running into (y/n)'s date had been the perfect form of fate to happen to her.

Alex watched her sat alone at a table at the far side of the bar, she looked so beautiful in a knee length red dress her [h/c] hair pulled back from her face, she'd already turned down a few offers Alex had noticed, taking a deep breath Alex set about on her plan.

"Imagine seeing you here." ( y/n) sighed at the sound of the far too happy familiar voice, she looked up to confirm her suspicions.

"Agent Danvers, what do I owe this dubious pleasure?"

Not waiting for an invitation Alex took the empty seat opposite her. "Just here for a drink." And frighten your date off.

(y/n) cast a skeptical eye at the woman who infuriated her to distraction. "My unfortunate coincidence then it seems."

"Oh well, it looks like I've been stood up I'll call it a night and go." Alex's eyes searched for a way to keep her there, at the last minute she reached across and grabbed the hand ( y/n) had on the table.

"Please stay we could have a drink together."

(y/n) looked down at the hand holding her own and up at the woman's dark eyes, what she saw there made her breath caught in her throat. "Okay."

For a few moments everything else around their table faded away, only they existed in that moment eyes connected heat radiated from both as ( y/n) softly moved her thumb over the other woman's hand.

Suddenly (y/n) wasn't so disappointed in her date not showing up maybe it had been an odd kind of fate.

"I was told you had a date, I'm sorry he didn't turn up," Alex said as she reluctantly pulled her hand away and signaled for a waiter.

" Who told you that? " (y/n) asked curiously.

Alex shrugged. "Lena told Kara and Kara told me. "

"That is the gossip mill these days is it?" ( y/n) laughed.

"I guess it is." Alex shrugged awkwardly looking around the bar for a distraction and avoid (y/n)'s probing gaze.

"Why am I suddenly suspicious?" ( y/n) asked cautiously.

"I have no Idea, where is the waiter I need a drink."

"Oh my God don't tell me you did what I think you did?" ( y/n) hissed across the table, the brunette woman shrugged in mock innocence.

"If Lena told Kara I had a date then she very likely told her who it was with."

" Possibly. " She is on to me.

"You did something to him, what did you do?"

" I did nothing to him, I simply made him think that you were possibly a three-eyed monster from another planet. " Alex avoided the other woman's eyes, which were blazing with rage.

"Are you out of your mind? Why would you do  that you know how hard it is to get a date with that guy?" ( y/n) buried her head in her hands.

"The guy is a loser and really not good enough for you," Alex stated firmly.

"Who gives you the right to do this?"

" No one I just, I mean that I wanted a chance to get to know you and after our first meeting, and second and the third I didn't think you'd give me a chance. " Alex admitted bashfully.

"You should have asked Agent Danvers, you may have been surprised at the answer." ( y/n) said as she drank the last of the contents of her glass.

"Now I'm going to find a certain Greek God lookalike and try to convince him I am perfectly normal."

"Oh." Alex felt crestfallen as she watched the chef walk towards the exit, envious jealousy building within her she tried to fight it away but it was a losing game.

Admitting defeat Alex forgot about the drink and left.
The night air biting cold she pulled her jacket closer, she never noticed the shadow that stood behind her until she was grabbed from behind and pushed against a wall, just out of sight of anyone who would walk by.

"What the fuck!" Alex hissed.

"I may have misled you about my plans for the night." The familiar voice laughed.

" y/n). " Alex asked slightly puzzled as to what was happening, until (y/n) loosened her grip and turned her around, a big smile on her face.

"Payback Agent Danvers, I figured I deserved my revenge before we went any further."

" Further? " Alex asked bemused a slight hope sparking.

"Sure I assume you still want to ask me out."

" But what about your Greek God? " Alex felt stupid asking, she really didn't want to hear her answer.

"Well our meetings may have gone terribly wrong but I'm not stupid, you are insanely hot."

Alex stood open mouthed shocked by her words. She thinks I'm hot.

"Wow okay, I never saw that coming."

(y/n) laughed. "Its early let's go and do something, get a table at a restaurant or something."

Just as Alex was about to agree her cell phone went off, an emergency at work. She sighed and looked up at (y/n) disappointment in her eyes.

"I'm sorry there is an emergency."

(y/n) nodded a ghost of a smile on her lips. "Let's postpone tonight then." Then suddenly she took Alex's head between her hands and placed a soft, sweet chaste kiss on her lips.

" Take care Agent Danvers. "

Alex watched the chef walk away, the feel of her lips still branded on her own.