Chapter 1: Stuck in the Present

(Y/N)  POV: 

Everyone  always  has  a  wish  or  dream.  But,  has  anyone's  dream  actually  come  true?  My  name  is  (Y/N).  I'm  not  your  typical  teenager.  I  feel  like  I  don't  belong  in  2021.    I  love  everything  glitter.  I  dream  one  day  when   disco  is  appropriate  again.    I  am  obsessed  with  the  1970s.  Give  me  an  ABBA  or   Andy  Gibb  album  and  a  pair  of  bell  bottoms  and  I  am  in  heaven.   I  mean,  I  don't  completely  hate  modern  day.  But  how  groovy  it  would  be  to  have  been  able  to  enjoy  the  fashion,  music  and  people  of  the  70's  in  flesh  and  blood.  

One  thing  I  need  to  mention,  I'm  not  the  best  of  student.   Biology  and  precalculus  are  not  my  cup  of  tea.  Failing  these  classes  usually  leads  to  weekly  fights  with  my  mom.   But today  was  the   worse  of  them  all.

"You  don't  understand  me  at  all!"  I  yelled  in  anger  at  my  mom.   

My  mom  rolled  her  eyes,  "You  think  I  had  it  easy  back  in  the  90s?  We  didn't  have  computers  at  hand  as  easy  for  help  when  we  failed!" 

  I  ended  up  getting  fustarted  and  stormed  away  from  my  mom.     I  slammed  the  door  shut  and  my  Andy  Gibb  poster  fell  off  the  wall.  

 The  only  thing  that  could  calm  me  down  was  music.   I  grabbed  my  portable  vinyl  record  player.    The  first  album   I  pulled  out  to  play  was  my  ABBA  the  album  from  1978.   

As  it  spun,  I  was  still  mad.  Why  couldn't  I  just  lose  some  of  my  responsibilities for  a  while?   I  was  a  bit  startled  when  the  lights  flickered  on  and  off.  I  looked  outside  and  saw  nothing  but  rain  beating  down  on  the  freshly  mowed  grass.    I  could  hear  my  mom  outside  my  door,  wanting  to  come  in.  As  I  continued  to  watch  the  record  spin  right to  left,    my  anger  and  irritation  built  up  to  an  inferno.    I  shook  my  head   and  screamed  "I  wish  it  was  1978!"  

Next  thing  (Y/N) knew,  she  was  out  like  a  light.   What  was  to  come  when  she  came  to  her  senses?