Chapter 198 Casino

*March  1984*

Andy  and  (Y/N)  stop  in  at a  casino.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Me  and  Andy  got  bored  today  and  wanted  to  do  something.  The  first  thing  Andy  thought  of  was  a picnic.  Instead,  something  I  wanted  to  do  that  I've  never  done  is  going  to  the  casino.

I  didn't  really  know  where  the  casinos  were  at  in  the  California  area  and  I  have  been  of  age  for  quite  some  time. 

I  found  a  travelers  map  of  Downey  and  the  surronding  cities  and  found  The  Bicycle  Hotel  and  Casino  in  Bell  Gardens  area  of  Califorina.

Andy  and  I  knew  the  general  area  so  driving  there  wasn't  going  to  a  problem.

We  got  our  stuff  ready  and  headed  that  way.

"Darling  you've  never  been  to  a  casino?"  Andy  asked  me  as  we  drove.

"Haha  not  to  play.  Of  course  I  played  at  venues  that  were  located  in  a  casino,"  I  replied  to  him.

"Usually  every  one  by  the  time  they  turn  21  they  want  to  gamble,"  Andy  said  in  response.

"I  really  didn't  have  time  to  think  about  it  with  my  career  really  taking  off  the  year  I  turned  21.  Plus  we  got  engaged  that  same  year  too  so  I  had  better  plans,"  I  replied  sweetly.

"Oh  that's  right  haha  well  that's  true  though  darling.  The  best  year  of  our   life  and  so  many  more  to  come,"  Andy  said  as  he  merged  onto  the  highway.

"I  wonder  if  this  is  the  casino  I  played  at  with  KC  and  Rich  back  in  78.  I  remember  Karen  saying  the  guy  at  the  poker  table  couldn't  believe  Karen  Carpenter  was  gambling,"  I  replied  laughing.

"I  think  people  forget   that  we  are  humans,"  Andy  replied.

"That's  very  true.  We  are  all  humans  we  do  things  just  like  those  people  over  there,"  I  said  pointing  to  a  random  couple  walking  on  the  sidewalk.

"We  eat,  sleep  breathe,  all  that  good  jazz,"  Andy  said  laughing.

"Yes  we  do,"  I  said  giggling  and  shaking  my  head.

Soon,  Andy  found  the  casino  and  switched  lanes  so  he  could  turn  right  when  he  needed  to.

"I  hope  we  win  big,"  I  told  Andy.

"Let's  not  spend  more  then  $100  bucks.  I  know  we  have  the  money  but  ya  know.  Good  measure  is  if  it's  not  winning,  pull  out  the  bet,"  Andy  told  me  as  we  drove  around  the  parking  lot  to  find  a  space. 

"Sounds  good  to  me  love,"  I  said  as  Andy  pulled  into  a  parking  space. 

Andy  put  the   car  in  park   and  we  headed  inside.

Of  course,  I  was  carded  right  off  the  back  because  I  still  look  the  same  as  I  did  when  I  first  came  here  so  they  probably  thought  I  was  only  18-19  at  the  most.  In  reality,  my  "new"  age   I  am  25.  

They  didn't  card  Andy  cause  the security person  recongized  him.  For  me,  I  looked  like  a  little  girl  trying  to  get  into  the  casino.

"Where  do  we  want  to  go  first?"  Andy  asked.

"The  nonsmoking  section  would  be  fine,"  I  told  him.

I  was  totally  new  at  this  whole  thing  so  I  was  nervous.

We  browsed  the  games  and  found  two  that  peaked  our  interest.  We  sat  down  and  started  having  some  fun.  Whether  we'd  win  or  not,  that  was  another  story.