Chapter 122 Baking Fiasco

*June  1982*

(Y/N)  and  Andy   make  a  mess  while  baking  cookies  for  Andy's  album  launch.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Tomorrow  Andy  has  a  launch  party  for  his  new  album  Red  Velvet  at  our  house.  This  means,  he  wants  me  to  make  my  famous  chocolate  chip  cookies.  Since  it's  sort  of a   bigger  party,  I  have  to  make  5  dozen.  That  also  means   today  I  am  in  the  kitchen  almost  all  day  making  cookies.

Andy  went   and  picked  up  the  decorations  for  the  party  while  I  got  the  dough  ready  for  the  cookies.  

I  got  my  baking  sheets ready,  along  with  the  dough.  I  chilled  the  dough  so  the  cookies  didn't  spread  as  much.  I  turned  the  AC  on  full  blast  to  chill  the  house  so  the  oven  didn't  warm  the  house  up  too  much. 

While  the  dough  was  in  the  fridge,  I  made  myself  something  to  drink  which  was  a  glass  of  iced  tea.  I  went  and  sat  outside  with  Sam  for  a while  till  my  timer  went  off.  

Sam  rolled  around  and  played  while  I  sipped  my  iced  tea.  I  went  and  checked  on  the  garden  and  we  finally  had  some  baby  tomatoes  popping  out.

I  heard  my  timer  go  off  so  I  headed  inside.  I  left  Sam  outside so  he  didn't  get  in  the  way.

I  got  the  bowl  out  of  the  fridge   and  started  rolling  the  dough  into  balls.

I  turned  the  radio  on  so  it  wasn't  deathly  quite  in  the  house.

I  put  the  first  batch  of  cookies  in  and  set  my  timer.

Around  this  time,  Andy  came  home.

"Darling  I'm  home!"  Andy  said  happily.

I  went  to  greet  him  at  the  door.

"Hi  love,"  I  said  while  grabbing  some  of  the  bags  he  had.

"You  already  baking?"  Andy  asked  while  sniffing  the  air.

My  chocolate  chip  cookies  were  his  favorite  so  I  know  I  have  to  make  extra  in  addition  to  the  5  dozen.

"Yes  I  am  love.  I  am  also  making  extra  so  you  can  be   a  taste  tester,"  I  said  smirking  as  we  unloaded  the  bags.

"Ooooh  that'll  be  my  snack  today,"  Andy  said  heading  to  the  kitchen.

I  followed  quickly  behind  because  my  timer  would  be  going  off  soon  for  the  first  batch.  

I  caught  Andy  steal  cookie  dough.

"Hey  hey  hey  loveeeeee,"  I  said  with  a  groan.

"What?"  Andy  said  acting  shocked.

"Stop  it,"  I  said  grabbing  his  wrists.

"You  can't  make  me,"  Andy  said  giving  his  hair  a  flip.

"You  are  too  much,"  I  said  letting  go  of  his  wrists.

He  makes  a  dash  for  the  living  room  but  I  couldn't  follow  because  I  had  to  get  the  next  batch  in  the  oven.

I  carefully  placed  all  the  baked  cookies  on  my  parchment  paper  so  they  can  cool  down.  I  felt  two  arms  wrap  around  me.  Of  course,  it  was  Andy  but  his  hands  were  covered  in  flour  and  left  prints  all  over  me.  Did  I  mention  I  was  wearing  black  today?

"Love  really?"  I  said  half  annoyed.

"Payback,"  Andy  said  all  sassily.

I  sighed  and  just  finished  up  the  batch  I  needed  to  put  in  the  oven.

"I  was  just  playing  with  you,"  Andy  said  a  bit   concerned.

"I  know  but  I  was  doing  something  sort  of  important,"  I  said  a  bit  upset.

Yes,  I  love  Andy  but  this  wasn't  the  time  for  fun  and  games  when  I  have  to  make  5  dozen  cookies.  No  relationship  is  perfect.

"I'm  sorry  darling,"  Andy  said  as  he  tried  cleaning  the  flour  off  my  shirt  for  me.

He  just  made  it  worse.

"I'm  just  going  to  go  change  my  shirt  instead.  I'll  be  back  down  in  a  few,"  I  said  beyond  fustrated.

Andy's  eyes  got  sad  as  I  left  the  kitchen.  He  knew  at  times  like  this  to  keep  his  distance .

I  went  upstairs  to  change  into  an  oversized  shirt  that  I  picked  up  in  Hermosa  and  just  lied  down  for  a  second.  I  just  sighed  and  tried  to  release  my  irriation.

I  heard  Andy's  footsteps  coming  up  the  stairs.  I  quickly  faced  the  other  way.

He  lightly  knocked  on  the  door.

"Um,  darling  I'm  sorry  for  messing  up  your  baking  routine,"  he  said  slowly  coming  over  to  the  bed.

I  just  stayed  quiet.

" I  know  your  upset  and  you  are  probably  mad  at  me,"  Andy  said  sitting  on  the  edge  of  the  bed.

"I'm  just  frustrated  because  you  picked  the  wrong  time  to  have  fun," 
 I  replied  quietly.

"I'm  sorry  darling. I really  am,"  Andy  said  rubbing  my  leg.

He  got  up  from  the  edge  of  the  couch  to  hug  me  while  I  was  laying  down.

"Let's  go  finish  making  the  cookies.  I  won't  mess  it  up,"  Andy  whispered  in  my  ear.

I  got  up  hesitantly  and  we  finished  making  cookies,  despite  what  had  happened.