Chapter 26 Predictions Are Right

*Summer  1979*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  are  now  engaged.  (Y/N)  doesn't  know  whether  or  not  she  will  be  able  to  go  back  to  2021  if  needed.  (Y/N)  is  flying  back  to   New  York   to  record  some  backing  vocals  for   Karen's  album  and  also  tell  her  the  news  of  her  engagement.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

I  decided  to  wait  to  tell  Karen  in  person  that  I  was  now  engaged.  Boy,  was  she  right  when  me  and  Andy  had  our  first  date.  

She  called  me  shortly  after  the  show  and  asked  me  if  I  wanted  to  come  out  to  New  York  again  to  record  some  backing  vocals  on  some  of  the  tracks.  Of  course  I  said  yes.  

Imagine  if  I  do  go  back  to  2021,  I  can  know  in  my  heart  a  secret  forever:  I  was  on  the  Karen  Carpenter solo  album.  

I  arrived  at   the  usual  hotel,  freshened  up.  Karen  and  me  would  share  a  taxi  to  the  studio  in  order  to  spend  more  time  talking  and  catching  up  on  gossip.

Karen  let  it  slip  that  Richard  was  not  neccesarily  happy  that  she  was  adventuring  out  on  her  own.  I  knew  from  the  future  that  Richard  had  a  perfectionist  look  for  the  two.  But,  both  of  them  were  well  in  their  20s/early  30s.  It   was  time  to  break  the  apple  pie  image.  

I  rode  up  to  Karen's  room  to  greet  her.

I  knocked  on  her  door.  She  was  expecting  me  so  she  was  swift  to  answer  the  door.

"Hey  (Y/N)!  What's  up?"  Karen  said  engulfing  me  in  a  hug.

"Oh  nothing  much,"  I  said  brushing  my  hair  out  of  my  face  trying  to  show  off  the  ring.

"Wait  (Y/N)?  Wow  that's  a  beautiful  ring!"  Karen  asked  nonchalantly.

"I  know!  Isn't  it  Karen?"  I  asked  smirking.

"Oh  my  god!  Wait?  Did  Andy?  I'm  so  happy  for  you!"  Karen  said  tackling  me  in  a  hug.

"Yes  I'm  now  engaged! He  proposed  at  his  brothers  concert  in  California.  I  wanted  to  tell  you  on  the  phone  but  I  thought  it  would  be  a  cute  surprise,"  I  told  Karen.

"My  little  sister  got  hitched!  I  was  right!  I  call  dibs  performing  at  your  wedding,"  Karen  said  with  a  laugh.

"Ok  Karen  you  got  it.  You  got  all  rights  to  perform  at  my  wedding,"  I  said  giggling.

"I  was  right.  Oh  this  is  one  of  the  best  feelings  ever!"  Karen  said  glacing  at  the  clock.

"We  better  go  get  a  cab  to  head  to  the  studio  so  were  not  late,"  I  said  as  I  grabbed  my  purse  from  the  coffee table.

"You  have  to  tell  me  all  the  details  of  how  he  proposed!  Did  you  know  it  was  coming?"  Karen  asked  as  we  headed  to  the  elevator.

"I'll  tell  you  the  whole  story  on  the  cab  ride.  But,  no  I  didn't  really  see  it  coming.  He  gave  me  the  promise  ring  but  I  thought  in  time,  a  marriage  would  come,"  I  told  her  while  we  stepped  out  of  the  elevator  ride.  

"He  really  is  an  everlasting  love,"  Karen  said  smirking  as  we  walked  to  the  sidewalk  to  our  cab.

"He  truly  is,"  I  said  laughing  getting  into  the  cab.

We  headed  to  the  studio  as  I  told  her  about  the  proposal.