Chapter 56 Dressed to the Nines

*March  1980*

(Y/N)  and  Karen  pick  up  the  bridesmaid  dresses.  Olivia,  Linda,  and  Lesley  are  the  other  bridesmaids. 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  me  and  Karen  pick  up  the  bridesmaid  dresses!  Olivia,  Linda  and  Lesley   said  yes  to  being  my  bridesmaids.  They  sent  me  their  dress  sizes  so  I'm  mailing  Linda  and  Lesley  their  dresses.  OIivia,  me  and  Karen  are  meeting  up  for  breakfast  tomorrow  to  give  her the  dress  and  to  catch  up  on  life.

Karen  and  Olivia  are  still  quite  close.  I  didn't  change  that.  I  also  met  Petula  Clark  for  the  first  time  the  other  day  at  Karen's  house  for  a  lunch.  Boy  was  I  starstruck.  I  was  a  fan  of  her  music  from  the  60s  like  "My  Love,"  "Downtown,"  etc.

Anyways  going  back  to  the  bridesmaid  dresses,  I  wanted  a  light  pink  to  contrast  against  my  white  gown.  It  seemed  cute  and  feminie.  We  were  in  the  bridal  shop.  I  had  Karen  try  her  dress  on  before  we  left. 

Karen  looked  absoustely  beautiful  stepping  out  of  the  dressing  room  wearing  her  dress.  I  was  so  glad  that  her  eating  disorder  was  stopped  while  I  came  here.  I  still  want  to  make  a  point  to  show  the  importance  of  why  eating  disorders  happen.  Karen  cannot  die  now,  she  can't   she  has  so  much  to  live  for  like  Andy.

"Oh  my  gosh  Karen!  You  look  beautiful!"  I  exclaimed  while  she  looked  at  herself  in  the  mirror.

"No  way  (Y/N)!  You   are  the  beautiful  one  here,"  Karen  said  spinning  around  looking  at  herself.

"KC  you  do  look  beautiful.  Don't  ever  doubt  yourself,"  I  told  Karen  while  I  grabbed  a  flower  crown  and  placed  it  on  her  head.

"You  know  I'm  so  glad  we  became  friends  (Y/N).  You've  been  the  biggest  cheerleader  and  so  supportive,"  Karen  told  me  while  looking  in  the  mirror.

"I'm  glad  the  universe  brought  us  together  KC.  By  the  way  I  forgot  to  tell  you,  I  want  you  guys  to  wear  flowers  in  your  hair  for  the  ceremony,"  I  said  laughing.

"That's  fine  (Y/N).  I've  never  worn  flowers  in  my  hair  before,"  Karen  said  adjusting  the  flower  crown  a  bit.

"Well  you  will  look  like  a  flower  child  for  sure,"  I  said  giggling.

Anna  the  owner  came  up  to  us.

"How  are  my  two  favorite  ladies  doing?"  Anna  said  smiling.

"The  dress  fits  perfect  Anna.  Thank  you  for  putting  so  much  detail  into  it,"  Karen  smiled.

"Yes  this  is  perfect  Anna.  Thank  you  for  taking  care  of  us  so  nicely,"  I  told  Anna  with  a  smile. 

"Well  if  you  ladies  need  anything  before  you  leave,  let  me  know,"  Anna  said  smiling  at  us.

"Of  course  thank  you  Anna,"  I  said  smiling.

"I  never  thought  pink  was  my  color  but  I  am  working  this  dress,"  Karen  said  strutting  back  and  forth. 

"Work  it  KC!"  I  said  pretending  to  take  pictures  of  Karen.

She  was  so  happy  and  I  know  again,  this  is  why  I'm  here.  To  save  Karen  and  Andy. 

"I'm  going  to  go  change  so  we  can  head  out  (Y/N),"  Karen  said  smiling  heading  to  the  dressing  room.

"Ok  KC!"  I  said  in  a  loud  voice.

Karen  got  changed  and  we  headed  out.

"By  the  way  (Y/N),  when  is  the  actual  wedding?"  Karen  asked  curiously.

"Me  and  Andy  are  finalizing  the  date  and  it's  going  to  be  October  11,  1980,"  I  told  Karen.

"Oooh  a  fall  wedding!  "I  love  that,  girl,"  Karen  said  putting  her  dress  in  her  Jaguar. 

"We  are   also  planning  on  getting  married  in  Denver,  Colorado,"  I  told  her.  

"A  destination  wedding?  I  haven't  been  to  Colorado  in  several  years,"  Karen  said  excitedly.

"Then  our  honeymoon  is  going  to  be  in  Hawaii  I'm  excited  for  some  sun  and  sand!"  I  told  Karen  excitedly.

"Yes  I  will  babysit  your  house  and  your  baby  Sam  I  call  dibs!"  Karen  said  laughing.  

"Oh, I  hadn't  even  thought  of  that  yet," I  said  laughing.

"Ok  (Y/N)  I  better  go.  Rich  wanted  to  talk  about  a  new  album for  the  Carpenters,"  Karen  said  smiling.

"Wait  girl  when  is  your  solo  album  coming  out?"  I  asked  curiously.  

I  hoped  she  didn't  shelf  it  it  yet.  She  shouldn't  because  that  was  another  straw  that  broke  her  back  in  the  old  world.

"No  I  have  to  talk  to  Herb  and  Phil  about  a  release  date.  They  are  still  finalizing  the  mixes,"  Karen  said  giving  me  a  hug .

"Oh ok  KC!  Well  keep  me  updated!"  I  told  her.

"Of  course  (Y/N).  See  you  tomorrow!"  Karen  said  entering  her  car  excitedly.  

We  went  our  separate  ways  for  the  day.