Chapter 29 Thankful

*November  1979*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  are  back  in  California.  Karen  has  finished  her  album.  (Y/N)  and  Andy  are  house  hunting  for  a  more  stable  house  to  live  instead  of  on  the  beach. 

(Andy's  POV):

Today  me  and  (Y/N)  are  going  house  hunting   today.  We  have  our  beach  house  in  Malibu,  but  (Y/N)  and  me  want  a  house  closer  to  Downey  since  her  career  is  mainly  in  the  Donwey/LA  area. 

We  want  a  3  bedroom,  2  bath.  This  way,  if  we  have  guests  or  family  over,  we  can  each  have  our  own  bathroom.  

(Y/N)   is  also  wanting  a  backyard  where  she  can  have  a  garden.  

We  found  a  house  that  we  are  going  to  look  at   is  in  the  heart  of  Downey.  

Its  about  2  miles  from  A&M  Records  so  if  Karen  and  Richard  need  (Y/N)  on  their  next  album  or  to  finish  Karen's  solo  album,  she  can  be  there  in  a  hop,  skip  and  jump.

"Do  you  think  we  will  get  the  house  darling?"  (Y/N)  asked  me  as  we  drove  to  the  open  house.

"I'm  hoping  darling.  It's  our  dream  house.  The  big  backyard,  everything  we  want  in  a  house,"  I  reply  grasping  her  hand.

"I  just   want  to  find  a  house  where  we  can  make  our   family  one  day,"  she  replied  staring  out  the  window.

"I  know  darling.  We  will  find  our  place,"  I  said  parking  and  turning  off  the  engine.

I  opened  the  car  door  for  (Y/N)  and  grabbed  her  hand  as  walked  up  for  the  open  house.

"Oh  the  front  yard  is  perfect!"  (Y/N)  exclaimed  happy.

I  smiled  at  her.  She  didn't   know  that  the  house  was  actually  already  ours.  We  were  actually  signing  for  it  officially.  Little  did  (Y/N)  know   I  had  made  an  offer  2  weeks  ago.

We  walked  inside  and  (Y/N)  started  roaming  all  over  the  house.  The  realtor  was  in  the  kitchen  waiting  for  us.

"Miss.  (Y/N)  and  Mr.  Gibb,  here  are  the  papers  to  sign  and  get  the  keys,"  the  realtor spoke  to  me  and  (Y/N).

"Sign? Andy  what  does  she  mean?"  (Y/N)  looked  at  me  confused.

"I  wanted  to  surprise  you  darling.  This  is  our  house  love!"  I  grabbed  her   hand  to  show  her  the  paperwork.

"Andy  oh  my  goodness!"  (Y/N)  put  her  hands  on  her  face.

"This  is  our  home  darling.  Welcome  home,"  I  told  her  embracing  her  in  a  hug.    

"Please  sign  here,  and  here,"  the  realtor  directed  us.

We  gave  our  signatures  which  was  about  10  signatures  all  together. 

"Alrighty,  here  is  the  keys!  The  move  in  date  is  November  15,"  the  realtor  told  us.

"Oh  no  that's  a  week  before  Thanksgiving.  I  hope  we  are  settled  by  Thanksgiving,"   (Y/N)  said  laughing.

"We  will  darling  don't  worry,"  I  told  her  giggling.

"Congrats  Mr.  and  Mrs.  Gibb,"  the  realtor  said  walking  out  of  the  house.

I  didn't  want  to  correct  the  lady  as  Mrs.  Gibb  had  a  beautiful  ring  to  it  and  I  can't  wait  till  it's  official. 

"This  is  really  ours  love?"  (Y/N)  asked.

"Yes,  this  ours  darling.  To  start  our  life  together,"  I  said  kissing  her. 

"I  can't  believe  this  is  our  house  Andy!  We  have  so  much  to  do  and  buy  before  moving  in!"  (Y/N)  spoke  fast.

"Well  you  better  believe  it  darling,  this  is  our  first  home  together  where  we  will  start  or  family,"  I  told  her  grabbing  the  keys.

"I  love  you  Andy,"  she  spoke  while  walking  out  the  front  door.

"I  love  you  more  darling,"  I  told  her  as  we  walked  to  the  car.