Chapter 78 Islands in the Stream

*November 1980*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  host  a  karaoke  night! They  set  up  everything  before  everyone  arrives. 

Andy's POV:

Me  and  my  wonderful  wife.  Wait  wow  wife  sounds  so  beautiful.  Anyways,  me  and  (Y/N)  are  hosting  a  karaoke  night.  We  want  to  get  all  our  friends  together  (and  my  brothers  are  in  town  on  business).  

We  were  finishing  up  the  snacks  and  beverages  before  everyone  arrived.

"This  was  such  a  fun  idea  love,"  (Y/N)  told  me. 

"Well it's a  perfect  way  to  get  us  all  together  since  we  all  love  our  music,"  I told  her  in  response.

"I'm  surprised  the  karaoke  machine  wasn't  too  expensive.  I  mean  if  all  fails  we  can  break  out  some  instruments  and  just  have  a  jam  session,"  (Y/N)  told  me  in responsive.

"That'd  be  nice  to  do  as  well.  I  never  used  a  karaoke  machine  at  home  before,"  I said  pondering  reading  the  directions  on  the  box.

"We  used  one  in  Hawaii  remember?  It  shouldn't  be  too  different,"  (Y/N)  told  me   as  she  placed  the  snacks  on  the  table.

"Sam  must  know  how  to  read  directions  cause  he  just  took  them  from  me,"  I  said  as  I  began  to  chase  Sam  around  the  house.

"Don't  get  hurt  this  time  darling," (Y/N)  warned  while  laughing. 

"I'll  only  hurt  my  pride  if  I  cant  get  the  directions  back  from  Sam.  Get  back  here  Sam!"  I  said   chasing  Sam  in  the  house.

I  then  heard  music  and  (Y/N)  saying  "testing  one, one  two  three."

"I  think  I  got  it  to  work  love.  Come  back!"  she  said  over  the  microphone.

"Darling  you  are  so  smart!"  I  told  her  while  Sam  dragged  the  directions  around.

"All  you  had  to  do  was   hit  this  button  and  the  song  list  is  right  here,"  (Y/N)  said  handing  me  another  piece  of  paper  which  had  the  songs  numbered.

"I  would  not  have  even  noticed  that  cause  of  Sam  being  crazy,"  I  said  laughing.

"Thank  goodness  for  me  then  I  suppose,"  she  said  kissing  me.

"Yes  I  am  very  lucky,"  I  told  her  and  kissed  her  back.

"We  should  go  change  now  that  all  the  hard  work  is  done,"  she  suggested.

"Yeah  sweats  and  a  old  shirt  isn't  very  attractive,"  I  said  laughing.

We  headed  up  stairs  and  changed.  (Y/N)  did  her  makeup  while  I   did  my  hair.

"Ya  know,   love,   should  I  wear  jeans  and  a  t-shirt  or  should  I  dress up?"  she  asked  me  while  she  put  on  mascara.

"Well  it's  a  relaxed  get  together  so  maybe  just  a  nice  pair  of  jeans  and  even  one  of  my   band  tee's  you  can  borrow  if  you  want  something  a  bit  loose-fitting?"  I  suggested  to  her  as  I  buttoned  up  my  shirt.

"Ooh ok  can  I  borrow  your  KISS  band  shirt?"  she  said  heading  for  my  closet.

"Darling  of  course  you  can  borrow  it.  You  don't  need  to  ask  permission,"  I  told  her  in  response.

She  put  it  on  and  tucked  it  into  her  jeans.  She  then  threw  some  white  Converses  on  to  add  to  her  outfit.

"I  don't  look  dingy  do  I?"  she  asked  me  looking  in  the  mirror.

"No  darling  you  always  look  absolutely  beautiful!  When  will  you  stop  being  so  rough  on  yourself?"  I  asked  her.

"I  don't  know  love.  I  try  not  to  be  such  a  perfectionist,"  she  said  peering  at  me.

"Well  stop  being  like  that.  You  are  absolutely  perfect  to  me  wifey,"  I  said  hoping  to  get  her  to  smile.

"I'll  try  love   ok?  Now  let's  go  sing  our  hearts  out!"  she  said  grabbing  my  hand  and  running  down  the  stairs.