Chapter 153 Changing the Past

*February  4,  1983*

(Y/N)  changes  the  past  even  more. 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

I  woke  up  earlier  than  normal.  I  had  a  nervous  feeling  all  night  and  this  morning.  Today  is  Karen's  original  death  date.  Me  and  Karen  are  supposed  to  go  get  our  nails  done  around  10  this  morning.

In  the  old  past,  Karen  was  married  and  filing  for  divorce  the  day  she  left.  But,  she  never  met  that  man  in  this  current  time.

I  got  up  and  got  some  coffee  and   called  Karen.  That  was  another  thing  that  was  different.  Karen  was  not  at  her  parents  last  night.

I  was  holding  my  coffee  cup  when  I  dialed  her  number.

It  rang  for  a  while  before  someone  picked it  up.

"Hello?"  Karen  responded  from  the  other  end.

"Hey  KC  it's  me  (Y/N),"  I  said  sleepily.

"Good  morning  sunshine!  Yes  we  are  still  on  to  get  our  nails  done  today,"  Karen  said  happily.

"Just  wanted  to  make  sure  KC.  I'll  see  you  laters,"  I  told  Karen.

"See  you  later  girl!"  Karen  told  me  happily.

I  was  a  bit  more  comforted  talking  to  Karen.  It  was  8:30 a.m.

I  went  and  hit  the  shower  while  Andy  was  still  in  bed,  reading  the  paper.

I  decided  to  wear  some  jeans,  an  old  band  tee  of  ABBA  and  some  Converses.

I  curled  my  hair  and  did  my  makeup  as  I  talked  to  Andy.

"Are  you  ok  darling?  You  seem  jittery,"  Andy  asked  me.

"I'm  just  having  a  bad  anxiety  moment  this  morning  but  going  to  get  my  nails  done  should  relax  me,"  I  said  as  I  powdered  my  face.

"Why  are  you  nervous  darling?"  Andy  asked.

"I  don't  know  love.  This  happens  off  and  on,  remember?"  I  told  Andy.

"That's  true  I'm  sorry  darling  but  everything  will  be  ok,"  Andy  said.

"I'm  used  to  it  haha,"  I  said  putting  on  my  blush.

I  did  one  more  brush  of  face  powder  and  then  I  was  done  with  my  makeup.

I  went  ahead  and  finished  my  coffee  and  got  ready  to  leave.

"I  love  you  be  safe,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  temple.

"I  will  love. I'll  call  you  when  I'm  coming  home,"  I  told  him  as  I  grabbed  my  purse.

I  headed  to  my  car  and  started  to  drive  to  the  nail  place.

When  I  got  there,  Karen's  Jag  was  parked  out  in  front  of  the  nail  salon.

I  parked  and  got  out  and  went  inside.

"(Y/N)!"  Karen  greeted  me  sitting  in  the  waiting  area.

I  sighed  with  relief.  Have  I  actually  saved  Karen  Carpenter  from  her  death  date?

"Hey  girl!"  I  said  greeting  her  with  a  hug.

Our  two  favorite  nail  techs  were  ready  for  us.  I  was  going  to  get  my  nails  done  in  white  since  I'll  be  going  on  tour  in  2  weeks.

"This  is  like  that  time  when  we  came  here  and  that  little  girl  clung  to  your  leg!"  Karen  said  laughing  after  I  picked  white  for  my  nails.

"It's  easier  to  maintain  white  on  a  tour  girl!  I  learned  after  a  few  shows  with  you  and  Rich  that  having  blue  nails  isn't  easy  to  color  match,"  I  said  laughing.

"I  always  like  red,"   Karen  said  happily. 

"Red  does  look  good  on  you  KC!"   I  said  with  a  smile.

"Aw, thanks  girl!"  Karen  replied  happily.

We  got  our  nails  done  and  then  went  to  lunch  (as  usual  me  and  Karen  are  huge  foodies).

With  the  perfect  day,  Karen  survived  her  old  death  date.  Was  this  meaning  now  I'd  be  going  home  forever?