Chapter 169 Butterfly Kisses

*July  1983*

(Y/N)   gets   a  tattoo.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Something  I  always  wanted  to  do  was   get  a  tattoo  once  I  was  older.  Well,  here  we  are  and  I'm  being  spontaneous   and  headed  to  a  tattoo  shop  next  door  to  mine  and  Karen's  favorite  brunch  spot.

I  didn't  tell  Andy   that  I  was  getting  it.  I  told  him  I  was  going  to  meet  Karen  for  brunch  instead.

I  was  set  on  a  yellow  butterfly  on  my  left  wrist.  If  I  ever  go  back  to  the  future,  will  the  tattoo  stay  though?

I  headed  inside  after  arriving  for  my  appointment.   The  tattoo  artists  name  was  Terry  and  I  had  met  several  times  with  her  prior  to  get  the  design  perfect.  

"Hello  Miss.  (Y/N)!  How  are  you  today?"  Terry  greeted  me.

"I  am  well  Terry.  How  are  you?"  I  replied  following  her  to  Terry's  set  up.

"I  am  good  (Y/N).  So  we  will  go  over  basic  questions.  Have  you  eaten  today?"  Terry  asked  me  while  she  filled  out  a  clipboard.

"Yes,"  I  replied  quickly.

"Are  you  known  to  faint  from  needles?"  she  asked.

"Not  applicable.  I'm  good  with  needles," I  told  her  back.

"Perfect!  And  lastly,  which  is  obvious,  you  are   over  the  age  of  18?"  Terry  asked  laughing.

"Yes  ma'am,"  I  replied  laughing.

"Ok, so  we  will  start  by  sanitizing  the  area  on  your  wrist  as  well  as  shaving  the  area,"  Terry  replied.

I  sat  down   and  got  comfortable.

"Make  sure  you  just  relax  dear,"  Terry  said.

"Will  do,"  I  said  doing  a  few  deep  breaths.

Terry  started  the   template  placement  and  then  asked  me  if  I  liked  it.

"It's  perfect!"  I  said  happily.

Terry  then  got  the  ink  colors  ready.  She  found  this  pretty  pastel  yellow  that  work  on  my  skin  tone  and  found  a  shimmery  black  ink  for  the  butterfly  outline  and  details.

She began  doing  the  butterfly  outline.

"How  are  you  feeling?"  Terry  asked  me.

"I'm  good.  It's  not  as  bad  I  thought  it  would  be,"  I  told  her.

"It'll  be  about  another  hour  or  so,  then  we  will  be  done,"  Terry  told  me.

"Sounds  good  to  me,"  I  told  her.

I  closed  my  eyes  and  relaxed  and  let  Terry  do  her  thing. 

Every  once  in  a  while,  I  opened  my  eyes  and  saw  the  progress.  It  was  so  beautiful.

Soon,  Terry  was  done.

"Alrighty  (Y/N),  how  do  you  feel?  Does  it  look  the  way  you  wanted?"  Terry  asked  me  as  she  begin  putting  sulfane  on  it.

"I  feel  great  and  it's  absolutely  beautiful   Terry!"  I  told  her.

"Wash  it  with  antibacterial  soap  and  use  either  vaseline  or  Aquaphor  so  it  heals  nicely.  There  will  be  shedding  of  the  skin  layers. Just  sit  tight   while  I  go  get  your  bill  done,"  Terry  replied.

I  kept  staring  at  my  wrist.  It  was  so  pretty.  I  wonder  how  Andy  or  Karen  will  react  to  it.

"Alrighty  dear  since  it's  fairly  small,  I  will  only  charge  $80.00,"  Terry  replied  handing  me  the  bill  of  sale.

I  stood  up  slowly  and  followed  her  to  pay  her.  It  was  80  and  some  change  after  taxes.  I  tipped  her  $25  and  gave  her  cash  for  the  bill.

"Thank  you  so  much  (Y/N).  Please  come  back  again  if  you  think  about  another  tattoo,"  Terry  replied  smiling.

"Of  course  Terry.  Thank  you  so  much!"  I  said  walking  out.

I  got  in  my  car  and  headed  home.

Once  in  the  driveway,  I  started  getting  nervous  as  Andy  was  already  home.

I  got  out  and  headed  inside.

I  opened  the  front  door  slowly  and  found  Andy  reading  the  paper  on  the  couch.

"Hi  darling,"  Andy  said  from  behind  the  paper.

I  wasn't  gonna  say  nothing  until  he  noticed.

"Hi  love  whatcha  up  to?" I   asked  him  as  I put  my  purse  on  the  table  by  the  door.

"Just  reading  the  paper.  How  was  brunch?"  Andy  asked.

I  was  being  silly  and  trying  to  get  him  to  look  at  me  so  I  said,  "It  gave  my  stomach  butterflies."

Andy  closed  the  paper  and  looked  at  me  seriously,  "Are  you  ok?"  

"Yes  I'm  fine  love,"  I  said  heading  to  the  couch.

Andy  brought  me  to  his  lap  and  gave  my  face  a  few  kisses.

"Are  you  sure  you  ok?  Why  is  there  sulfane  on  your  wrist?"  Andy  asked  bringing  my  hand  up  to  examine  it.

"I  am ,"  I  said  avoiding  eye  contact.

"Then  why  is  there  a  butterfly  on  your  wrist?"  Andy  asked  smirking.

"I  got  a  tattoo,"  I  said  mumbled.

"A  tattoo?"  Andy  replied  shocked.

"Yessum,"  I  said  turning  my  head.

Andy  looked  at  my  wrist  carefully.

"It's  very  pretty  darling.  Why  didn't  you  tell  me?"  Andy  asked.

"Cause  I  wasn't  sure  how  you'd  react,"  I  told  him.

He  brought  my  face  to  face  him.

"Don't  ever  feel  shy  with  me  ok?"  Andy  told  me.

"Ok  I  will  try  love,"  I  said.

Andy  gave  my  temple  a  kiss  and  we  talked  about  the  tattoo  process  before  we  made  dinner.