Chapter 36 Decisions

*December  1979*

(Y/N)  is  in  a  meeting  with  Herb  Alpert  and  Karen  deciding  whether  or  not  to  sign  a  contract.  Could  this  be  the  final  deal  to  make  her  stuck  in  another  era  forever?

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Karen  and  Herb  kept  staring  at  me.  The  staring  wouldn't  make  my  mind  up  any  faster.  

"It  takes  time  to  read  these  contracts.  Give  me   a  while  to  get  through  everything,"  I  said  giggling.

There  was  so  much  in  it.  I'd  be  dropped  from  the  label  if  3  constructive  singles  did  not  hit  the  top  10,  if  my  album  didn't  break  the  Billboard  200.  I  had  to  keep  a  clean,  cut  image  (which  wasn't  hard).  Royalties were  mentioned,  extensive  tours  were  mentioned.  Was  I  capable  of  doing  this  by  myself?

"Well  this  contract  can  just  be  for  3  years  instead  if  that  makes  it  easier  for  you  (Y/N).  You  may  just  want  to  be  a  few  hits  career  and  change  your  direction  in  the  future,"  Herb  said  pointing  at  a   statement.

"Or  there  can  be   a  statement  added  here  saying  if  after  3  years,  (Y/N)  can  get  10%  of  royalties  from  the  Carpenters  sales  and  be  added  to  our  contract,"  Karen  inquired  to  Herb.

"What  do  you  think  so  far?"  Herb  asked  me.

"To  be  honest  Herb,  it's  a  lot  of  information  to  take  in.  I'm  trying  to  absorb  everything,"  I  said  with  a  light  laugh.

"It's  fine  take  your  time,"  Herb  said  laughing  in  response.

Was  this  the  life  I  was  meant  to  live?  No  worries  about  precalculus,  Instagram,  Snapchat,   just  plain  out  living. 

"Just  think  about  it  (Y/N).  You  open  up  for  me  and  Rich  and  we  do  a  tour  together.  Imagine  how  cool  that  would  be?  You  having  your  own  tour  bus  too!"  Karen  spoke  excitedly. 

"I  know  KC!  It's  a  lot  to  analyze,"  I  told  Karen  with  a  smile.

"It  is  a  lot  to  analyze!"  she  told  me  in a  reassuring  response.

As  I  finished  reading  the  contract,  I  realized  two  things:  either  I  was  meant  to  stay  here  forever  or   was  this  a  test  again  from  a  higher  being?

I  took  a  deep  breath.

"I  would  love  to  sign  this  contract  Herb,"  I  told  him  with  a  smile.  

"Great!  Lets  review  what  you  need  to  sign  exactly.  We  also  will  cut  the  contract  down  to  3  years  in  case  of  changes  in  your  career  aspects,"  Herb  said  excitedly.

"Welcome  to  the  family  (Y/N!)"  Karen  said  giving  me  a  nudge.

"Here's  to  a  new  adventure!"  I  told  her.

I  was  excited  but  nervous  because  of  my  existence.  Was  I  a  protected  time  traveler?

  I  happily  signed  through  the  paperwork.

"Now  I'll  call  you  in  a  few  days  to  start  discussing  songs,  genres,  etc.  If  you  have  any  songs  you 'd  like  to  record,  bring  them  in  on  our  first  meeting  to  start  your  first  album,"  Herb  told  me  while  signing  some  of  the  papers.

I  stuck  my  hand  out  to  shake  Herb's  hand  and  Karen  escorted  me  out  of  his  office  and  we  headed  to  lunch.

*at  the  end  of  the  lunch*

"I'm  going  to  go  call  Andy  real  quick  Karen!"  I  told  her  as  I  walked  to  a  payphone.

It  didn't  take  very  long  for  him  to  answer.

"Ello  darling.  Are  you  headed  home?"  Andy  asked  curiously,

"Yes  love.  I  also  picked  you  up  some  lunch  too.  I  got  you  a  turkey  wrap  with  spinach  and   some  chips  on  the  side,"  I  told  him  politely.

"Oooh  that  sounds  good  darling.  Be  safe  and  see  you  soon,"  Andy  told  me.

"I  will  love.  See  you  soon.  Love  you,"  I  said  as  I  hung  up.

Me  and  Karen  headed  back  to  my  house.

"I'm  so  happy  for  you  (Y/N)!" Karen  told  me  as  I  got  out  of  her  car.

"Thanks  KC!  It's  all  because  of  you,"  I  said   heading  up  to  my  house.

Walking  in  the  house,   Andy  greeted  me.

"Ello  love,"  he  gave  me  a  kiss.

"Hi  baby.  Here's  your  food,"  I  said  taking  my  coat  off.

"Soooooooo?"  Andy  inquired.

"So  what?"  I  said  smirking  at  him.

"Did  you  get  it?"  Andy  asked  me  while  grabbing  my  hand.

"You  are  looking  at  an  upcoming  A&M  Record  artist!"  I  said  jumping  midair.

"I'm  so  proud  of  you  darling!"  Andy  picked  me  up  and  spun  me.

"I  can  start  compiling  songs  and  such  and  I  have  a  meeting  with  Herb  in  a  few  days.  He's  gonna  call,"  I  told  him  while  staying  in  his  arms.

"This  is  so  exciting  for  you  love!"  Andy  told  me  peppering  my  face  with  kisses.

This  was  a  exciting  new  adventure  to  fulfill  as  I  kept  changing  history.