Chapter 30 Food for Thought

*November  1979*

(Y/N)  is  hosting  a  Friendsgiving  with  Andy.  They  are  inviting  their   closest  friends.  

(Some  of  the  dialogue  is  inspired  from  the  TV  special  with  ABBA,  Olivia  Newton-John  and  Andy). 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Now  in  modern-day,  Friendsgiving  is  something  I  always  wanted  to  do.  I  don't  know  how popular  this  was  in  the  70s  or  if  it  was  even  a  thought.   This  would  be  a  perfect  way  to  break  in  the  new  house.

We  invited  Karen  and  Richard,  Olivia,  the  members  of  ABBA  (they  were  in  the  area  to  promote  their  newest  album  Voulez-Vous,   and  Barry  was  in  town  for  some  producer  stuff.

I  had  a  helping  hand  in  Thanksgiving  dinners  since  I  was  little.  Many  traditional  recipes  I  tried  to  recreate,  without  my  families  gudiance.  I  was  a  busy  little  bee  for  almost  2  days  baking  pies  and  getting  the  turkey  ready.  

For  the  dinner,  we  decided  to  make  a  turkey,  mashed  potatoes,  stuffing  (which  was  my  Grandma's  recipe),  fresh  cranberries,  green  bean  casserole,   biscuits,   and  a  salad  for  balance.

For  pies,  I  made  pumpkin  pie  and  sweet  potato  pie.

Dinner  would  be  in  about  2  hours.  I  decided  to  get  the  table  ready. 

"Darling,  don't  overwork  yourself,"  Andy  came  into  our  dining  room  where  I  was  setting  out  a  beautiful  orange  tablecloth.  

"I'm  not  love.  Why  do  you  think   I  got  up  early  to  do  this?"  I  asked  laughing  while  fixing  the  centerpiece  of  flowers.

"The  turkey  smells  wonderful  darling.  What  seasonings  did  you  use?" Andy  asked  while  following  me  to  kitchen.

"Family  secret,"  I  said  winking  at  him.

"You  are  too  much  love,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  cheek.

Everyone  would  be  here  soon.  I  decided  to  get  dressed  in  my  "Friendsgiving"  Outfit.

I  wore   a  peach  long  sleeve  dress  with  a  brown  belt  and  brown  boots.  I  wanted  to  look  fall  as  possible. 

"You  look  stunning  love,"  Andy  said  looking  at  me  in  the  mirror.

"Thank  you  darling,"  I  replied.

"Now let's go  greet  our  guests,"  Andy  grabbed  my  hand  and  we  walked  back   down  the  hall.

I  put  on   some  music  to  lighten  the  mood.

A  ring  at  the  door  happened  around  the  same  time.

"Darling  I'll  get  it!"  Andy  exclaimed.

"Ok  love!"  I  finished  lighting  the  candles.

Of  course  Karen  and  Rich  were  the  first  to  arrive.  Karen  was  never  late  for  anything.

"Hey  (Y/N)!  How  are  you  girly?"  Karen  embraced  me  in  a  tight  hug.

"I'm  good  how  are  you  KC?"  I  asked  her.

"I'm  good!"  Karen  responded.

"How  are  you, Richard?"  I  asked  cordially.

"I'm   good!  Just  itching  to  go  to  the  studio  and  record,"  he  said  with  a  dry  laugh.

Just  as  they   came  in,  the  moment  I  always  dreamed  of   when  I  was  little:  ABBA  were  walking  up  the  pathway.

"Hello  (Y/N).  Thank  you  so  much  for  inviting  us  for  a  friendsgiving,"  Frida  greeted.

"Yes  thank  you  (Y/N)  and  Andy.  It  smells  so  good  in  here,"  Agnetha  said  laughing.

Bjorn  and  Benny  were  sort  of  quite  walking  in  just  doing  a  hello  and  a  wave.  The  girls  were  always  outgoing.

Bringing  up  the  rear  was  Olivia  and  Barry.   

"My  favorite  sister  in  law  and  my  favorite  brother,"  Barry  said  laughing  while  greeting  us  with  a  hug.

"Congratulations  on  the  engagement  you  two! You  guys  are  so  cute  together,"  Olivia  exclaimed  while  hugging  us. 

"Thank  you  so  much, Livvy!"  I  said  in  response.

"I  can't  imagine  not  having  (Y/N)  by  my  side,"  Andy  said   to  Olivia.

We  walked  to  the  dining  table  where  everyone  else  was.

"The  turkey  will  be  done  soon.  There  are  some  snacks  on  the  table.  The  food  will  be  like  a  buffet  style  in  the  kitchen,"  I  announced  to  our  guests.

"It  smells  delicious  (Y/N)!  You  outdid  yourself  on  it,"  Karen  told  me.

"Yes  it  smells  really  good  in  here,"  Frida  said  agreeing  with  Karen.

The  timer  went  off  so  I  went  and  pulled  the  turkey  out  so  it  could  rest  a  few  before  carving  it.

Before  walking  back  out  to  the  dining  room,  I  could  hear  singing.  It  sounded  like  Frida,  Karen,  Agnetha,  and  Olivia  we  all  trying  to  harmonize  with  the  boys.

"Frida,  you  can  do  more  opera than that!"  Benny  exlaimed  at  her. 

"Why  don't  we  do  Help  Me, Rhonda?"  Barry    asked.

"Oldie  but  a  goodie,"  Richard  said.

I  come  back  out  and  sit  and  join  them.  I  tried  singing  in  a  deeper  octave  to  sound  like  one  of  the  guys  to  see  if  anyone  would  snap.

"No  (Y/N)!  That's  the  guys  job,"  Olivia  said  laughing.

I  then  started  singing  the  wrong  lyrics  on  purpose  because  the  beat  Karen  was  keeping  sounded  like  "People  Need  Love"  by  ABBA.

"People  need  hope,  people  need  lovin,"  I  started  off.

Agnetha  smiled  in  my  direction,  "People  need  trust  from  a  fellow  man."

"People  need  love  to  make   a  good  livin,"  Frida  sang.

"We  don't  know  this  song!"  Barry  exclaimed  laughing. 

"Well  that's  ok  cause  dinnner  is  ready,"  Andy  said  coming  from  the  kitchen.

Here  is  to  a  beautiful  dinner  I  never  imagined  coming  to  life.