Chapter 197 Every Little Thing

*February  1984*

(Y/N)  and  Karen  are  releasing  their  duo  together.  Andy  accompanies  (Y/N)  to  a  press  release  A&M  is  hosting.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Karen  and  I  are  finally  releasing  our  collab  single.  Somehow  we  managed  to  write  a  song  together  called   "The  Hands  of  Time."  It's  about  how  fast  things  go  in  the  blink  of  an  eye  and  we  were  really  proud  of  how  the  harmonies  came  together  in  it.

Herb  and  the  other  records  executives  at  A&M  wanted  us  to  do  a  press  release  since  it  was  sort  of  a  big  deal  for  two  major  stars  coming  together  and  doing  something  together.

Andy  tagged  along  to  the  press  release  which  was  so  sweet  of  him.

A&M  hosted  the  press  show  at  a  local  convention  conference  room  for  90  minutes.  They  could  ask  us  any  questions  about  the  collab  or  anything  that  might  be  of  interest  for  a  magazine  article.

Karen  and  I  both  were  extremely  nervous.  What  is  this  whole  project  is  a  flop?   

Andy  stood  off  the  side  stage  while  me  and  Karen  were  seated  a  table  with  microphones  and  all  the  press  people  sat  below  us.

Herb  introduced  us  before  the  question  and  answers  started.  It  was  so  hard  looking  out  to  the  audience  because  of  all  the  flash  photography  going  on.

"Ladies  go  ahead  and  start  picking  people.  Karen,  you  are  up  first,"  Herb  told  KC.

"Ok  um  front  row,  man  with  glasses  and  hat  go  ahead  and  ask  your  question,"  Karen  spoke.

"Why  did  you  two  decide  to  team  up  for  a  project?  Is  about  money  or  just  for  fun?"  the  gentleman  asked.

"Our  projects  are  never  about  money  first  off,"  I  stated.

"Yes  exactly.  Me  and  (Y/N)  been  friends  for  quite  awhile  and  its  sort  of  a  fun  passion  project  as  music  is  what  brought  us  together  in  the  first  place,"  Karen  told  the  man.

"Ok  thanks,"  the  man  replied  jotting  notes  down.

"(Y/N)  your  turn  to  pick,"  Herb  told  me.

"Uh  fourth  row,  lady  in  a  pink  blazer,"  I  spoke.

"Rumors  were  spreading  that  you  are  pregnant  (Y/N),  is  that  true?"  the  lady  asked.

"That's  certainly  is  rumors  Miss.  Me  and  my  husband  don't  plan  on  having  children  for  a  few,"  I  said  as  I  was  crimson  red.

"Thanks,"  the  lady  said  sitting  back  down. 

"Karen  your  turn  again,"  Herb  told  KC  again.

"Um  young  man,  fourth  row  wearing  a   fedora,"  Karen  called  out.

Once  he  stood  up,  I  knew  who  the  3  gentleman  were  sitting  in  that  row.

The  accent  confirmed  it  for  me.  It  was  Maurice.  On  his  left  was  Robin  and  Barry.  I  kind  of  looked  at  Andy  and  he  looked  back  at  me  shocked.

"Yes  I  wanted  to  ask  you  both  how  you  are  so  beautiful  and  keep  up  that  gorgeous  skincare  up?"  Maurice  asked  us.

I  giggled.

"Haha  well,"  I  looked  at  Karen  who  didn't  seem  to  be  phased  at  Bee  Gees  posing  as  press  people.

"I  don't  have  a  definite  answer  for  you  sir  we  just  eat  good  and  use  good  soap  and  water,"  Karen  said  laughing.

"I  agree  with  Karen's  statement  sir,"  I  replied  as  straightfaced  as  possible.

"Thank  you  ma'am,"  Maurice  said  tipping  his  hat.

How  could  no  one  snap  it  was  the  Bee  Gees  checking  in  for  the  press  release?

Me  and  Karen  answered  more  questions  before  it  was  over.

At  the  end,  Andy's  brothers  came  up  to  the  stage.  Me  and  Karen  were  talking  to  Herb.

"What  are  you  guys  doing  here?" I  could  hear  Andy  ask  his  brothers.

"We  were  in  town  on  business  and  heard  that  the  girls  were  doing  a  press  release  because  of  their  project,"  Barry  replied.

 "I'm  glad  you  guys  did  come  cause  I'm  sure  seeing  familiar  faces  calmed  down  my  darling,"  Andy  replied.

"We  are  always  glad  to  help  you  guys  out  plus  it  was  fun  crashing  it.  No  one  suspected  a  thing,"  Robin  replied.

"The   question  we  had  to  ask  was  a  list  from  A&M  so  don't  think  I  was  flirting  with  (Y/N),"  Maurice  said  nervously.

"No  I  know  Mo  especially  after,"  Andy  replied  in  code.

"What?"  Robin  and  Barry  asked  him.

I  interjected  so  they  could  change  the  subject  and  forget  abut  the  incident  from  a  while  back  off  the  Maurice  dream  situation.

"Hey!  Thanks  for  coming  to  support  me  and  Karen!"  I  said  as  I  hugged  each  of  them.

"Of  course  not  a  problem,"  Maurice  said   to  me  with  a  smile.

"I  was  thinking  all  of  us  could  go  to  lunch?"  Andy  suggested.

"Sounds  good  to  me.  KC come  on  were  going  to  lunch,"  I  shouted  to  her  where  she  was  at  with  Herb.

We  went  to  lunch   and  enjoyed  catching  up  with  one  another.