Chapter 101 Sunflowers

*November  1981*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  go  to  a  sunflower  field!

Andy's  POV:

Before  we  go  back  to  California,  I  decided  to  surprise  (Y/N)  with  a  layover  trip  to  Tennesse.  She  has  always  wanted  to  go  to  a  sunflower  field. 

When  we  landed  in  Tennesse,  I  told  (Y/N)  the  surprise.

"Darling  we  are  actually  staying  here  for  a  few  days,"  I  told  her.

"Huh?  Why?  Is  something  wrong?"  (Y/N)  asked  concerned.

"Well  it  was  supposed  to  be  a  surprise  but  we  are  going  to  explore  a  few  days  here  and  go  to  your   dream,"  I  told  her  while  grabbing  our  luggage.

"What  dream?"  (Y/N)  asked.

"I  found  out  that  here  in  Helena, Tennesse  there  is  a  sunflower  field  we  can  explore  and  have  a  picnic  at,"  I  told  her  as  we  walked  to  the  car  rental.

"Wait  really  Andy?"  (Y/N)  said  as  her  eyes  lit  up.

"Yes  really  darling.  Surprise,  it's  another  time  for  us  to  celebrate  our  one  year  wedding  anniversary,"  I  told  her  as   I  put  the  luggage  in  the  trunk.

"You  always  go  over  the  top  Andy  with  your  romantic  gestures  huh,"  she  said  as  she  got  into  the  car.

"Yep  I  always  have  to  go  above  and  beyond   for  my  wife,"  I  told  her.

We  drove  to  our  hotel  and  freshened  up. 

"I  think  I'm  going  to  wear  jeans  instead  cause  of  the  sunflower  stalks,"  (Y/N)  said  as  she  went  through  her  luggage.

"Plus  darling  we  are  having  a  picnic  and  the  blanket  may  not  cover  up  the  pokeys,"  I  said  brushing  my  hair.

She  went  to  the  bathroom  to  change  and  she   came  out  in  a  cute  yellow  long  sleeve  sweater,  dark  jeans  and  her  favorite  converses.

"You  look  wonderful  darling,"  I  told  her.

"Aw  thanks  love.  You  look  pretty  good  too,"  she  said  kissing  my  face.

"Are  we  ready  to  go?"  I  asked  her.

"Yes  I  am.  Ooops  don't  forget  the  camera!"  she  told  me.

We  drove  and  picked  up  the  stuff  for  a  picnic  lunch  and  drove  to  the  sunflower  field.

It  was  absolutely  perfect  weather.  The  warm sun  and  clear  skies  helped  us  realize  it  wasn't  too  cold  yet.

(Y/N)  and  I  got  out  of  the  cars  and  headed  through  the  field  to  find  a  spot  to  take  some  pictures.

"Wait  Andy  look!"  (Y/N)  said  puzzled  and  pointing  to  the  north  part  of  the  field.

When  I  looked  up,  I  saw  a  younger  version  of  myself  walking with  a  young  Barry,  Mo,  Robin  and  some  woman.

"What  wait  is  that,  me?"  I  said  walking  towards  them.

(Y/N)  took  a  picture.  

"Hey  hey  Andy!  Barry!"  I  shouted.

"Mo,  Robin!"  (Y/N)  shouted.

They  didn't  seem  to  hear  us.

We  ran  across  the  field  to   try  and  catch  up.

(Y/N)  reached  them  first  and  they  just  kept  ignoring  our  calls. 

The  younger  version's  of  ourselves  kept  walking  and  disappeared  into  the  other  part  of  the  field.

(Y/N)  and  I  kept  following  and  eventually lost  them.

"Did  that  just  really  happen?"  (Y/N)  asked  wide  eyed.

"I  don't  know  what  or  why  that  would  even  have  happened,"  I  responded.

"How  come  they  couldn't  hear  us?"  she  asked  me.

"This  seems  to  be  something  that  would  happen  in  a  movie,"  I  told  her  as  we  walked  back  to  our  picnic  spot.

"I'm  just  a  bit  freaked  out,"  (Y/N)  responded  sitting  down.

"We  can  still  take  some  pictures  together,"  I  suggested  to  her.

"Yeah  we  can  get  our  minds  off  what  just  happened,"  she  told  me.

"Hopefully  once  we  get  the  film  developed,  we  can  see  if  it  was  us  just  hallucinating,"  I  told  her  as  I  cleaned  the  camera  lens.

"I  don't  think  we  were  hallucinating  love  but  we  will  see,"  she  said  laughing.

We  posed  for  some  photos.  (Y/N)  called  them  selfies  cause  it's  photos  of  us  that  we  (ourselves)  take   with  our  arm  extended  outwards.

I  even  kissed  her  face  for  one  photo.  I  hope  it  came  out  good.

We  then  sat  down  for  some  food  and  enjoyed  some  quiet  time  in  Tennessee. 

Author's Note:

Go  check  out @70ssunflower for the  parallel  in  her  story.