Chapter 66 Dinner for the Stars

*April 1980*

The Gibb Brothers, Linda, and  (Y/N)  go  to  Barry's  Benefit  Dinner and Show for the Diabetes Foundation

Andy's  POV:

Tonight  is  the  benefit  concert  for  my  brother  Barry.  Several  other  guests  were  going  to  be  there  including  Olivia.  

Me  and  (Y/N)  had  taken  the  later  time  slots  for  our  performance.  All  the  guest  stars  at  the end  of  the  night  would  get  together  to  sing  "Put   A  Little  Love  in  Your  Heart."

(Y/N)  was  a  little  nervous  as  always  and  I  tried  comforting  her.

"Darling  you  are  going  to  do  amazing,"  I  told  her.

"Well  this  is  the  first  time  I  have  to  harmonize  with  playback  though  love,"  she  said  powdering  her  face.

(Y/N)  decided  to  wear  a  red  maxi  dress  with  white  heels.

I  wore  a  red  button  down  silk   shirt  with  black  jeans  so  we  sort  of  matched.

"You'll  do  fine  darling.  The  Poni  Tales  song  is  a  perfect  place  to  harmonize  and  practice,"  I  told  her  rubbing  her  shoulders  to  relieve  her  tension  and  anxiety.

"I'll  be  fine  its  just  show  jitters,"  she  said  with  a  giggle.

"You  look  perfect  darling  lets  go  ok?"  I  told  her  with   a  smile.

Barry  &  Linda,  along  with  Maurice  and  Robin  were  waiting  in  a  car  outside  already.

"Hello  lovebirds,"  Barry  said  with  a  smirk.

"Ello,"  is  all  I  said  to  him.

(Y/N)  just  kept  quiet  as  a  she  had  a  blush  came  over  her  face.

The  ride  was  mainly  quiet.  We  kind  of  stayed   to  the  people  we  sat  with. 

We  arrived  fast  to  the  banquet  room  where  the  benefit  dinner  and  show  would  be  held.

The  tables  were  elegantly  set  up  and  the  stage  was  cute  and  small.

"I  want  to  run  through  a   few  songs  with  you  guys,"  Barry  told  me  and  (Y/N).

"That's  fine  Barry,"  I  told  him  smiling.

"Ok  Andy,  go  ahead  and  run  through  I  Just  Want  To  Be  Your  Everything.  (Y/N),  I  want  you  to  run  through  "Man  Smart,  Woman  Smarter,"  Barry  instructed  us  each.

We  both  ran  through  the  songs  with  no  problems  and  Barry  wanted  to  run  through  (Y/N)'s  song  of  Born  Too  Late  because  of  the  pre-recorded  harmonies.

" Born too late for you to notice me.  To you, I'm just a kid that you won't date,"  (Y/N)  sang  beautifully.

"Is  that  what  (Y/N)  used  to  sing  about  you?"  Robin  teased  on  the  side  of  the  stage.

"Yeah  Andy,  is  this  the  song  she  used  to  sit  and  stare  out  the  window  and  sing?"  Maurice  joined  in.

"Haha  very  funny  guys,"  I  just  rolled  my  eyes.

Rehearsal  of  the  show  was  done  and  now  we'd  freshen  up  and  take  our  seats  at  the  tables  while  we  waited  to  perform.

Olivia  was  later  then  she  wanted  to  be.  Her  plane  had  a  late  layover.

"Wow  we  got  a  perfect  spot  love,"  (Y/N)  told  me  as  we  sat  down  at  the  table.

"Yes  darling  you  won't  trip  in  your  dress  walking  up  for  your  performance,"  I  smirked  at  her. 

"If  I  wasn't  clumsy,  I  wouldn't  be  sitting  here  talking  to  you,"  she  crinkled  her  nose  at  me.

"That's  true  darling  you  got  me  there,"  I  told  her  as  I  squeezed  her  hand.

The  director  of  the  banquet  and  Barry  started  letting  in  everyone  else.

"I'm  so  excited  darling  for  you  to  get  to  perform  with  me  and  my  brothers,"  (Y/N)  told  me.

"This  is  the  first  time  we  will  all  be  on  stage  together.  That's  pretty  awesome  darling," I  told  her  with  a  smile.

The  lights  dimmed,  queuing  the  crowd  to  clap  as  Barry  came  on  stage  to  talk  about  the  show.

"Ladies  and  gentleman,  thank  you  for  coming  out  to  the  benefit  dinner  and  show.  The  Diabetes  Foundation  means  a  lot  to  me  and  your  guys  support  means  the  world.  In  tonights  line  up,  we  have  no  other  then  Olivia  Newton-John,  my  brothers  Maurice,  Andy  and  Robin  Gibb,  Andy's  fiance  (Y/N)  (L/N),  and  many  names  to  be  said  before  the  night  is  over.  Please  enjoy  your  dinner  and  enjoy  the  first  show  of  well  us,  the  Bee  Gees,"  Barry  said  with  a  light  laugh.

We  all  clapped  and  couldn't  wait  till  we  all  got  our  turn  on  the  stage.