Chapter 178 September Leaves

*September  1983*

Andy  and  (Y/N)  go  look  a  property  to  build  a  house  on.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

House  hunting  is  not  very  easy.  No  wonder  while  I  was  growing  up  in  the  future,  we  didn't  move  at  all  haha.

Today,  our  realtor  told  us  there  was  a  property  between  Downey  and  Malibu  that  was  sort  of  tucked  away  in  a  ranch  area.  There  was  3  acres  of  land,  horse  stables  and  even  a  barn  too.

So,  Andy  and  I  decided  why  not  see  if  it's  what  we've  been  looking  for  (minus  the  house).

It  was  a  property  by  itself,  with a  little  green  gate  corral  that  kept  it  secure  and  locked  up.

We  met  our  realtor  there  and  she  let  us  in  on  the  property  to  look  around.

"It  looks  nice  from  here  love.  But,  what  are  we  gonna  do  with  a  barn  and  horse  stables?"  I  asked  Andy  as  he  followed  the  realtor  in.

"We  could  get  horses  ya  know  darling,"  Andy  pondered  outloud.

"But  sometimes  we  are  both  never  home  haha.  I  wouldn't  want  Karen  caring  for  our  horses  for  long  periods  of  time,"  I   replied  to  Andy  as  I  put  a  piece  of   gum  in  my  mouth.

"That's  true  darling  but  then  Sam  will  have  a  huge  property  to  roam  over,"  Andy  replied  putting  the  car   in  park.

"If  and  only  if  our  careers  allow  it,  we may be able  to  in  the  future  have  a  few  animals  on  our  property  if  we  indeed  make  an  offer  on  this  one," I  told  Andy.

"It's  either  this  property  or  the  house  out  in  Santa  Monica  personally  for  me  darling.  Santa  Monica  is  playing  it  safe  because  the  house  is  already  built  plus  in  driving  distance  from  our  record  companies,  etc,"  Andy  replied  as  he  got  out  of  the  car.

He  came   to  my  side  and  opened  the  door  for  me.

I  replied  back," That's  true  love.  I  just  know  one  day  I  want  to  own  a  property  similar  to  this  one."

"And  one  day,  sooner  or  later  darling,  we  will,"  Andy  said  grabbing  my  hand.

We  walked  up  to  the  realtor,  Hannah,  and  she  was  very  enthusiastic.

"Hello  loveys!  How  are  you  all  today?"  Hannah  asked  us  as  we  walked  towards  the  barn.

"Were  good,"  Andy  replied,  giving  my  hand  a  squeeze.

"Yeah  were  good  Hannah. How  are  you?"  I  asked  politely.

"I  am  well  too!  So  glad  it's  finally  feeling  like  fall,"  Hannah  replied  laughing.

"Same!"  I  told  her  smiling.

"So  this  property  could  use  some  work  in  some  aspects.  Lot's  of  weeding  and  tree  trimming.  The  barn  needs  to  be  painted.  One  of  the  horse  stables  needs  some  extra  screws  placed  into  the  corral  openings,"  Hannah  read  off  the  paper.

Me  and  Andy  looked  each  other  a  bit  worried.  That  would  be  extra  money  we  didn't  already  want  to  spend  because  the  house  building  in  general  would  be  a  pretty  penny  to  begin  with.

"You  guys  are  free  to  look  over  the  property.  Go  ahead  and  I'll  be  right  here  if  you  have  any  questions,"  Hannah  told  us.

"Thank  you,"  me  and  Andy  both  told  her.

We  walked  over  to  the  horse  stables  and  barn.  We  then realized  how  bad  of  shape  they  were  in.

"If  we  don't  get  any  animals,  this  would  be  an  eyesore  or  it  would  be  just  a  problem  item  wouldn't  it?"  Andy  asked  me.

"Yeah  I  was  thinking  that  too.  The  barn  though  could  work  as  a  shed  in  some  sort  of  way,"  I  replied  to  him  pointing  to  the  loft  area  in  the  barn.

"That's  true  but  then  having  to  wait  for  the  house  to  be  built  will  put  us  behind  in  our  other  plans.  Next  year  I  am  sure  both  of  us  will  either  tour,  record  new  music,  or  both,"  Andy  said  concerned.

"Well  yeah  duh  love  it's  our  jobs,"  I  replied  laughing.

"Don't  pick  on  me  ok,"  Andy  replied  laughing.

"Soooo   do  we  wanna   just  tell  her  we  have  some  things  to  think  about?"  I  asked  Andy.

"Yeah  I  think  we  should,"  Andy  told  me  back.

We  went  to  Hannah  and  told  her  our  current  thought  process.

"That's  fine  loves.  Just  give  me  a  call  and  let  me  know which  property  you  will  want  to  make  an  offer  on,"  Hannah  told  us.

"Thank  you  Hannah.  We  appreciate  you, "  I  told  her  smiling.

"Thank  you  (Y/N)!"  Hannah  told  me.

We  headed  our  separate  ways  while  me  and  Andy  had  a  lot  to  think  about.