Chapter 195 Try

*January  1984*

(Y/N)  and  Karen  go  meet  with  Herb  about   a  possible  collab  project. 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

It's  finally  the  day  me  and  KC  go  meet  with  Herb  about  the  collab  project.   I  think  this  is  a  great  project  to  pursue  for  the  both  of  us.  After  all  this  time  being  in  the  past,  its  about  time  we  work  on  an  actual  project  together.

I  headed  to  the  studio  early  as  Herb  requested.   I  met  up  with  KC  of  the  A&M  Records  parking  lot.

"Hey  KC!"  I  greeted  her.

"Hey  girl!  How  are  you?"  Karen  asked  going  in  for  a  hug.

"Good,  how  are  you?"  I  asked  her.

"I'm  good  too  thanks  girl!"  Karen  replied  excited.

"I'm  so  stoked  about  this  collab  project.  It's  going  to  be  a  fun  project!"  I  told  Karen  as  we  walked  in  the  doors  of  A&M.

"I  don't  know  why  we  didn't  do  this  sooner.  We've  been  friends  for  so  long,"  Karen  said  as  we  walked  the  hall  to  Herb's  office.

Oh  so  many  memories  of  my  first  two  albums,  when  I  worked  here  with  the  Carpenters  for  the  first  year  I  was  in  this  era.

"I  wonder  if  he  wants  us  to  do  a  song  or  album,"  I  mumbled  outloud.

"Probably  a  song.  It'd  be  fun  for  an  album  though,"  Karen  replied  as  we  got  to  Herb's  office  door.

"True  KC,"  I  said  as  she  knocked  on  Herb's  door.

It  was  a  few  moments  before  he  answered  the  door. 

"Hello  girls!"  Herb  greeted  me  and  KC.

"Hi  Herbie!"  Karen  greeted  him  back  with  a  hug.

"Hey  Herb!"  I  replied  to  him.

We  walked  into   his   office  and  sat  down.

"So  girls,  we  were  looking  at  doing  a  song   for  you  guys  together.  If  it  goes  well,  perhaps  a  follow  up  single  or  album,  tour,  etc?"  Herb  proposed  the  idea.

"Oh  that  sounds  like  fun  Herb,"  I  replied  smiling.

"That  does  sound  fun  Herb  but  what  songs  were  you  thinking?"  Karen  asked.

"Well  we  were  hoping  either  you  guys  could  write  a  song  or  cover  a  song?"  Herb  said  with  a  question  in  his  voice.

"We've  never  written  a  song  together  so  I  don't  know  how  that  would  go,"  I  replied.

"That's  true  (Y/N),"  Karen  said  agreeing  with  me.

"You  could  play  it  safe  and  cover  any  of  these  songs,"  Herb  said  handing  a  paper  with  a  list  of  songs.

"That  is  a  lot  songs,"  Karen  said  outloud.

"Hey  we  could  do  a  cover  of  an  ABBA  song  since  those  songs  have  great  harmonies.  Imagine  the  overdub?"  I  asked  Karen.

"Just  think  the  list  over  and  let  us  know  by  next  week.  No  pressure,"  Herb  said  smiling.

"Thanks  Herb.  Was  there  anything  you  wanted  to  discuss?"  Karen  asked  Herb.

"No  that  was  all.  Thanks  girls,"  Herb  told  us  as  we  all  stood  up  to  leave.

"Of  course  Herb.  Thank  you,"  I  told  him.

"We  will  you  see  girls  next  week!"  Herb  replied.

"Bye  Herb,"  me  and  KC  replied  together.

We  headed  back   out  to  the  cars.

"Which  song  do  we  really want  to  do?"  Karen  asked  me  as  we  stood  by  our  cars.

"Honestly,  I  don't  know  haha.  It's  a  lot  of  choices,"  I  replied.

"Well  we  have  a  week  to  think  about  it,"  Karen  replied  looking  at  the  list.

"Let's  get  lunch  tomorrow  to  discuss  it!"  I  suggested  to  Karen.

"Yes  ok  girl  sounds  good,"  Karen  replied  smiling.

"See  you  tomorrow  KC," I  told  her  giving  her  hug.

"See  you, tomorrow   girl!"  Karen  said  as  we  parted  ways.

We  went  our  separate  ways  and  waited  to  discuss  the  plan  tomorrow.