Chapter 180 Planning A Surprise

*early  October  1983*

Andy  and  (Y/N)  ponder  wedding  anniversary  ideas.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

In  the  midst  of  trying  to  get  a  house,  me  and  Andy  almost  forgot  our  wedding  anniversary  is  coming  up  next  week!  We  really  don't  know  what  we  want  to  do  to  celebrate.   

Months  ago,  me  and  Andy  had  thought  of  going  to  our  cabin  in  Denver  for  the  whole  weekend.  Since  our  actual  wedding  anniversary  falls  on  a  Tuesday,  we  either   will  go  up  for  the  weekend  of  the  8th,  which  is  this  coming  weekend.  Or,  wait  till  the  weekend  of  the  15th. 

However,  with  all  the  house  buying  commotion,  we  are  waiting  to  hear  back  from  the  bank  on  if  our  offer  was  accepted  or  not.

"Which  weekend  works  better  for  our  schedules?"  Andy  asked  looking  at  the  calander.

"I'm  off  both  weekends  love,"  I  told  him.

"I  am  too  darling,"  Andy  replied.

"Let's  go  the  weekend  of  the  15th  so  we  have  more  time  to  get  everything  together,"  I  told  Andy.

The  thing  about  this  whole  trip  was  we  needed  to  have  access  to  a  phone  and  luckily,  the  cabin  has  a  phone.  We'd  just  have  to  give  Hannah  and  the  bank  that  number  to  call  instead.

"Ok  so  I'll  let  my  manager  know  I  won't  be  home  for  anything  next  weekend,"  Andy  told  me.

I  also  realized  Andy's  annivesary  gift  was  hidden  still  under  the  laundry  basket  in  my  closet,  full  of  shoes.  I  custom  ordered  him  a denim jacket  with  his  last  name  embroridered,  year  of  birth,  and  the  patches  were  items  he  loved  like  fishing,  playing  guitar,  etc.  I  hope  he  will  like  it.

"So  I'll  start  looking  at  weather  reports  for  next  weekend  to  see  if  we  will  hit  any  bad  weather.  I'll  even  see  if  Adela  will  mind  if  I  ask  her  to  keep  me  updated  on  the  weather?"  I  asked  Andy  out loud.

"I'm  sure  she  wouldn't  mind  darling.  That's  a  clever  idea,"  Andy  told  me.

"Do  we  want  to  fly  out  or  do  we  want  to  drive  out  to  Denver?"  I  asked  him.

"Honestly  darling,  since  it's  almost  last  minute,  why  don't  we  just  drive  out  there?"  Andy  replied.

"That's  true  love.  Ok  so  we  will  drive  out  to  Denver.  Which  car  do  we  want  to  take?"  I  asked  him.

"Probably  mine  since   I  just  got  new  tires  and  we  really  haven't  used  it  since  you  got  your  new  car,"  Andy  replied  with  a  chuckle.

Just  then,  the  phone  rang.

I  went  to   wall phone  in  the  kitchen  and  answered  it.

"Hey  (Y/N)!"  Karen  replied  excitedly.

"Hi  KC!  What's  up?"  I replied.

"I  wanted  to  see  if  you  guys  got  the  house.  I'm  at  my  parents  house  this  morning  and  looked  at  the  house  for  sale.  The  sign  says  sale  pending!"  Karen  said  a  bit  out  of  breath.

"We  haven't  heard  anything  yet  KC!  But  that's  a  good  sign!" I  replied  to  Karen.

"Well  let  me  know  if  you  hear  anything!"  Karen  replied.

"I  will.  Have  a  good  day," I   told  Karen  with  a  smile  in  my  voice.

"You  too!  Bye  (Y/N)!"  Karen  replied  hanging  up.

"What  was  that  about?"  Andy  asked  laughing.

"Well  Karen's  at   her  parents  house  this  morning  and  the  house  we  put  an  offer  on,  there's  a  sale's  pending  sign  now  in  the  yard,"  I  told  Andy  excitedly.

"But  we  haven't  had  a  phone  call?"  Andy  asked  outloud  confused.

"It's  a  good  sign  love!  I  think  we  got  the  house,"  I  said  dazed.

"If  we  did,  I will  do  cartwheels,"  Andy  said  smiling.

We  sat  around  the  rest  of  the  day,  planning  our  trip  and  waiting  for confirmation that  we  got  our  dream  house.