Chapter 141 Sweet Potato

*end of  November  1982*

(Y/N)  makes  her  famous  sweet  potato  pies  for  Thanksgiving.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Two  days  till  Thanksgiving  and  I  am  a  busy  little  bee.  We  are  only  having  a  small  Thanksgiving  for  the  two  of  us.  I  don't  have  to  make  as  many   side  dishes  as  I've  done  in  the  past  but  Karen,  Livvy,  and  even  Herb  asked  me  to  make  them  a  sweet  potato  pie  for  their  dinners.

I  went  to  the  store  and  bought  them  out  of  sweet  potatoes,  pie  shells  (I  don't  know  how  to  make  a  pie  crust   oopsies),  evaporated  milk,  sugar  and  extra  vanilla  extract. 

I  boiled  the  sweet  potatos  till  they  were  soft.  Then,  I  let  them  cool  off  while  I  preheated  the  oven.

Andy  was  getting  some last-minute things  for  our  dinner  including  dinner  rolls  and  gravy  that  we  both  forgot.

I  had  Sam  outside  while  I  was  baking  so  I  did  not  get  his  fur  in  the  pies.  Karen,  Livvy  and  Herb  would  be  by  tomorrow  to  pick  them  up.

"DARLING I'M  HOMEEEEE," Andy  said out  of  breath,  swinging  the  door  opening.

I  wiped  my  hands  from  the  pie  mix  and  went  to  greet  him.

"Hello  love,"  I  told  him  giving  him  a  kiss.

"The  house   smells  so  good,"  Andy  said  giving  me  another  kiss.

"I'm  making  the  pies  this  afternoon,"  I  said  as  he  embraced  me.

"Ooooh  will  there  be  extra?"  Andy  asked  me.

"Yes  love  there  will  be,"  I  replied  giving  his  torso  a  hug.

"Also  darling,  I  got  the  gravy  and  dinner  rolls,"  Andy  replied  putting  his  face  in  the  crook  of  my  neck.

"Ok  love  and  staphhhh  don't  do  that,"  I  said  as  he  left  little  kisses  on  my  neck.

"What  I  can't  give  you  affection?"  Andy  said  all  dramatically.

"I  didn't  say  that  loveeeee  but  I  got  to  finish   making  my  pies,"  I  told  him  as  I  let  go  of  his  embrace.

"Well  later  you  will  get  more  affection,"  Andy  said  following  me,  wrapping  his   arms  around  my  waist  as  I  walked  to  the  kitchen.

Andy's  being  extra  affectionate  recently  and  it's  really  cute. 

Andy  put  the  dinner  rolls  in  the  fridge  and  put  the  gravy  packets  in  the  cabinet  while  I  finished  putting  the  pies  together.

I  went  and  set  a  timer  to  check  on  the  pies  in  25  minutes  to  make  sure  they  are  firming  up.

I  went  and  sat  outside  with  Andy  and  Sam  just  to  get  some  fresh  air.  

"Working  over  the  stove  makes  me  sweat,"  I  said  fanning  my  face.

"Well  at  least  it's  cool  out  here  darling  so  you  can  chill  out  for  a  bit,"  Andy  told  me.

"True  love  haha.  It's  kind  of  crazy  cause  I've  never  made  these  many  pies  in  a  batch,"  I  said  stifling  a  yawn.

"Well it  is  the  best  pie  ever  for  Thanksgiving.  I  never  had  it  till  we  got  together,"  Andy  said  throwing  Sam  his  ball.

"It  was  always  a  tradition  when  I  was  little,"  I  told  him  as  I  heard  the  timer  going  off.

I  headed  in  to  check  out   my  pies.  The  edges  were  starting  to  brown  so  I'd  let  them  bake  for  another  20  minutes.

I  went  back  outside  and  sat  with  Andy,  waiting  for  my  pies  to  finish.