Chapter 156 Excuses

* late  February  1983*

(Y/N)  avoids  Andy's  brothers  while  they  are  in  town  visiting.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Andy's  brothers  are  in  town  and  I  must  say,  I've  been  avoiding  them  like  the  Corona  Virus.

I  am  so  embarrassed  still  about  the  dream  I  had  about  Maurice.  I  know  Andy  wasn't  worried  about  it  but  still.

Andy  doesn't  know  I've  been  hiding  out  at  A&M  Records  after  my  rehearsals  or  me  and  Karen  go  out  for  lunch  or  coffee.  

By  doing  this,  I  haven't  seen  Andy's  brothers.  If  they  are  at  the  house,  I've  been  parking  a  few  house  down  with  my  headlights  off  waiting  for  them  to  leave.

Is  it  bad  I'm  doing  this?

Me  and  Karen  went  shopping  for  some last-minute items  for  my  tour.   Headlining  the  tour  is  me  and  the  opening  act  is  a  upcoming  country  artist,  George  Strait.  I  couldn't  believe  it  when  Herb  told  me  who  was  going  on  tour  with  me.  I  loved  George's  music  in  the  future  and  getting  to  work  with  him  is  a  dream.

We  were  on  Hollywood  Blvd  walking  to  one  of  our  favorite  local  shops.

"What  exactly  are  you  looking  for  (Y/N)?"  Karen  asked  me.

"Just  some  jewelry  and  some  cardigans,"  I  replied.

I  looked up  and  ironically,  Andy  and  his  brother's  were  getting  out  of  his  car  in  front  of  a  music  store  a  few  shops  up.

I  darted  into  the  nearby  store  fast.  Karen  followed  confused.

"What  was  that  about?"  Karen  said  puzzled.

"I  saw  Andy  and  his  brothers,"  I  told  her  nonchantly.

"Why  would  you  run  from  your  husband  and  in-laws?"  Karen  said  laughing.

"Can  I  tell  you  a  secret?"  I  asked  her  confidently.

"Of  course  girl  I  got  you,"  Karen  said  reassuringly.

"So  the  other  night  when  I  was  waiting  for  Andy,  I  was  folding   some  shirts  for  tour  and  putting  them  into  a  suitcase.  Well  I  must  have  fallen  asleep  and  I  was  dreaming  about  Maurice.  And  no,  not  that  way  at  all  either  haha.  But  still,  I'm  embarrassed  and  don't  want  to  see  Maurice  in  person,"  I  told  her  as  I  looked  at  a  black  cardigan.

"Oh  my  goodness  girl!  You  are  overthinking  it.  Wait  how  did  Andy  react?"  Karen  asked.

"He  wasn't  worried  about  it  but  I  am.  Do  I  have  a  wandering  eye?"  I  asked  worried.

"Not  at  all  girl!  You  must  have  saw  his  face  or  heard  Maurice's  voice  before  you  dosed  off,"  Karen  reassured  me.

I  knew  she  was  right  but  I  still  wasn't  convinced.

"I  just  don't  want  to  feel  gulity  about  the  dream.  I  really  hope  Andy  hasn't  told  them  cause  I  would  probably  die,"  I  said  looking  at  some  shirts.

"Have  you  discussed  since?"  Karen  asked  curiously.

"No  but  I  hope  I  can  let  it  go,"  I  told  her.

"It's  not  a  big  deal  to  be  honest  (Y/N).  Don't  worry  it,"  Karen   told  me  with  a  smile.

In  the  shop,  I  only  found  one  cardigan  I  really  liked  so  we  headed  to  the  checkout  as  Karen  didn't  find  anything.

As  we  walked  out,  Andy  was   with  his  brothers  by  my  Camaro.

"Shoot,"  I  mumbled  to  myself.

"Hey  it's  ok.  Just  pretend  the  dream  didn't  happen,"  Karen  told  me.

I  walked  to  my  car  with  my  head  a  little  low,  rummaging  through  my  purse  for  my  keys.

"Hi  darling,"  Andy  said.

"Oh  hey!  What  are  you  doing  here?"  I  asked  confused.

"Well  my  brothers  fly  home  tomorrow  and  you've  been  so  busy  so  we  figured  we'd   stop  by  and  say  hi,"  Andy  replied.

"Oh  well, that's  nice!"  I  said  distracted  in  the  trunk  of  my  car.

I  shut  the   trunk  and  unfourantely  had  to  face  my  fear.

I  hugged  Barry  and  Robin  with  no  problems.  But,  Mo  was  another  story.

"Hey  my  favorite  sister  in  law,"  Mo  said  happily.

"It's  nice  to  see  you  too!"  I  said  nervous.

"We've  missed  you  this  week,"  Mo  said.

"I've  kissed  you  guys  too.  I  mean  uh  missed  you.  Oh  look  Karen's  calling  me  I  have  to  go  bye!" I  said  running  towards  her  direction,  nearly  tripping  on  my  feet.

"Darling?"  Darling?"  Andy  called  out  but  I  ignored  his  voice.

"Girl  are  you  ok?"  Karen  asked  me  concerned.

"Just  get  me  out  of  here  please,"  I  said  mumbled.

Karen  walked  us  to  another  small  shop,  but  it  was  a  coffee  shop.  We  headed  inside  and  got  something  to  drink.

"Mo  said  he  missed  me  and  I  said  yeah  I  kissed  you  too,"  I  said  upset.

"Oh  shoot  girl  I'm,  I'm  so  sorry,"  Karen  said  stunned.

"It  was  an  accident  but  I'm  like  totally  embarssed  even  more  now,"  I  told  her  with  a  sniffle.

I  know  I  am  a  grown  woman   but  this  dream  is  eating  my  brain.

I  look  up  and  see  Andy  walking  in  our  direction.

"Son  of,"  I  said  under  my  breath.

"Darling?  Are  you  ok?"  My  brothers  are  all  worried  about  you,"  Andy  asked  concerned.

"Yes  I'm  just  having  tour  jitters,"  I  told  him,  obviously  lying.

Karen  joined  in  to  make  it  convincing. 

"Yeah  Andy  she's  just  nervous.  Herb  added  4  addtional  tour  dates  and  she  just  knows  she's  gonna  burn  out," Karen  said  with  a  concerned  voice.

"Well  it'll  be  fine  darling  if  that's  what's  really  bothering  you.  We  can  get  through  it,"  Andy  said  squeezing  my  shoulders. 

I  started  to  calm  down  and  realized  my  fears  were  just  that,  nothing  to  be  afraid  of.  If  I  can  go  on  tour  with  the  Carpenters  and  now  even  George  Strait,  why  should  I  let  one  little  dream  eat  me  up?

"Thanks  guys  you  guys  are  the  best,"  I  said  relieved.

Me  and  Karen  enjoyed  the  rest  of  our  day  while  Andy  went  and  explained  to  his  brothers  what  happened.