Chapter 138 Take My Hand

*early  November  1982*

(Y/N)'s  album  release  party!

(Y/N)'s  POV:

We  arrived  at  the  Roxy  earlier  then  anyone  else.  As  a  perfectionist,  I  wanted  to  make  sure  everything  would  go  as  planned.   I  also  had  some  press  interviews  scheduled  before  the  rest  of  the  guests  would  arrive  at  5  for  the  party.

Andy  and  I  sort  of  matched.  I  wore  a  purple  satin  pant  suit  with  a  black  bodysuit  with  some  cute  flats  (cause  I'd  be  on  my  feet  for  at  least  5-6  hours  today).

Andy  wore  a  purple  satin  button  up  with  white  pants.

The  food  was  being  set  up  when  got  there.  Shortly  there  after,  Herb  and  Karen  showed  up  too.

"(Y/N)!!!!!" Karen  said  running  to  me.

"Heyyyyyy KC!"  I  said  happily  hugging  her.

"CONGRATULATIONS  SISSY!"  Karen  said  handing  me  a  small  box.

"Aw  KC  you  shouldn't  have,"  I  said  grabbing  the  box.

"Open  it!"  Karen  encouraged  me.

I  slowly  opened  the  box  and  it  was  a  beautiful  silver  arrow  necklace.

"It's  beautiful  KC!  You  are  so  sweet," I  said  looking  at  the   arrow.

"You  are  making  your  mark  and  always  getting  a  bullseye  so  I  thought  it  was  perfect,"  Karen  said  smiling.

"Awwww  that's  really  cute.  I  need  to  put  it  on,"  I  said  taking  it  out  of  the  box.

"I'll  help  you darling,"  Andy  said  coming  around  the  corner.

"Thanks  love,"  I  said  handing  the  necklace  to  him.

"That's  beautiful.  Karen  you  did  a  great  job,"  Andy  said  smiling.

"Thanks  Andy.  I'm  glad  she  loves  it," Karen  said  grabbing  a  bottle  of  water.

Herb  comes  from  the  entry way  and  makes  his  way  over  to  us.

"Hey  (Y/N)!  Congraulations  again.  You  are  making  it  big  with  A&M,"  Herb  said  giving  me  a  hug.

"Thanks  Herb  it  means  a  lot,"  I  said.

"Oh  (Y/N)  Rich  will  be  here  a  little  bit  late  but  he  is  coming,"  Karen  told  me.

"Oh  that's  fine  KC,"  I  told  her  while  Andy  grabbed  my  hand.

My  nerves  started  getting  to  me  because  being  in  the  spotlight  can  sometimes  be  overwhelming.

"I  got  you  just  take  my  hand,"  Andy  whispered  to  me.

I  squeezed  his  hand  in  reassurance.

"Thanks  love,"  I  whispered  back.

I  went  up  on  the  Roxy  stage  to  see  what  it  would  look  like  when  I  do  my  speech.

It  was  a  smaller  venue  so  it  would  be  an  quite  and  content  release  party.

"You  look  beautiful  up  there  darling,"  Andy  said  letting  out  a  whistle.

"Stoppppp  you  are  embarrassing  me,"  I  replied.

"That's  my  job  as  your  husband  to  embarrass  you,"  Andy  said  smirking.

"You  do  look  stunning  (Y/N)!  That's  my  best  friend!"  Karen  shouted.

While  I  was  up  there,  Herb  was  letting  in  some  of  the  press  people.

"(Y/N)  some  of  the  press  people  are  here!"  Herb  said  excitingly.

"Ok  I'm  coming  Herb,"  I  said  walking  down  the  stairs.

"We  want  to  snap  some  pcitures  of  you  just  in  the  moment,"  one  of  the  press  people  said.

"Ok  cool  do  you  want  to  just  follow  me  around  while  I  prep  for  the  party?"  I  asked  them.

"Well  first,  can  we  get  some  pictures  of  you  and  Andy  then  you  and  Karen?  We  want  a  big  cover story,"  a  person  from  People  Magazine  told  me.

"That's  cool  ok!"  I  went  grabbed  Andy  and  followed  People  Magazine  to  pose  with  Andy  first.

"Look  into  each  other's  eyes,"  the  photographer  said.

"Kiss  her  Andy!"  Karen  said  laughing.

The  photographer  snapped  the  pictures.

"Ok  Karen  your  turn  since  you  co-produced  the  album  with  (Y/N),"  the  photographer  told  us.

We  did  some  serious  poses  and  did  some  silly  poses.

Here  was  to  a  magical  new  chapter  in  my  life.