Chapter 46 Missed Opportunities

*January  1980*

Andy  comes  to  realize  something  about  (Y/N).

Andy's  POV:

I  was  sitting  here  thinking  something  about  (Y/N)................

We  never  celebrated  her  birthday  last  year.  I  don't  remember  if  we  did  the  year  before  because  we  met  later  in  May.   When  we  first  started  dating,  she  was  very  busy  with  the  Carpenters.  

 While  she  was  in  the  recording  studio,  I  decided  to  snoop  around  and  look  for  her  birth  certificate.

I  went  into  her  closet.  I  promise  it's  not  like  I'm  trying   to  be  in  her  personal  space.  I  found  a  brown  box  at  the  bottom  of  the  closet  and   went  through  it,  hoping  to  find  her  birth  certificate.

I  found  some  old  pictures  of  her  as  a  baby,   her  high  school   diploma,   and  some  other  miscellaneous  items.  

At  the  very   bottom  was  her  birth  certificate.  

"How  could  she  not  remind  me  her  birthday  was   in   September?"  I  mumbled  to  myself.

I  was  on  tour  with  my  brothers  at  the  time.  I  could  of  taken  a  break  to  spend  her  birthday  with  her.  She  wouldn't  have  bothered  me  at  all  and  she  knows  I  love  her. 

When  she  gets  home,  I'm  confronting  her  about  it.

I  start  writing  out  a  plan  for  a  surprise  party  in  general  for  (Y/N)  and  her  new  adventures  in  the  music  world  and  2,  a  late  birthday  party.  

Her  love  for  vintage  and  music  would  be  the  themes  I  would  investigate  further.  

I  put  the  box  back  in  its  place  and  fix  it.

I  went  back  downstairs  to  fix  some  lunch  before  (Y/N)   came  home.

As   I  made  our  lunch,  I  couldn't  fathom  why  she  never  reminded  me  of  her  birthday.

Soon  my  darling  came  in  from  her  trip  to  the  studio.

"Hi  love  I'm  home!"  she  shouted  through  the  house.

"I'm  in  the  kitchen  darling,"  I  yelled  back.

She came  up  behind  me  wrapping  her  arms  around  my  torso. 

"I  missed  you   love ,"  she  said.

"I  missed  you  too,"  I  said  while    fixing  her  plate  up  for  lunch.

"Whatcha  making  love?"  she  said  while  opening  a  can  of  Diet  Coke.

"Nothing  darling  just  made  you  some  lunch,"  I  said  handing  her  the  plate. 

"Love  you  are  the  best  fiance  in  the  whole  world.  Thank  you  so  much,"  she  said  grabbing  the  plate  and  kissing  my  face.  

I  decided  to  confront  about  her  birthday .

"So  uh,  darling,  how  did  the  recording  go?"  I  started  the  conversation  off.  

"It  went  good!  I  got  2  more  songs  done.  Herb  and  Jerry  are  ready  to   start  thinking  about  a  single,"  (Y/N)  said  in between  bites.

"That's  exciting  darling!  What  song  for  a  single?"  I  asked  curiously.  

She  was  really  excited  and  I  didn't  want  to  burst  her  bubble.

"A  Wind  of  Change  has  chart  potential  Herb  said,"  she  excitedly  told  me.  

"I'm  happy  for  you  darling,"  I  said  while  taking  a  slug  of  Dr.  Pepper.

"The  album  is  coming  together  really  nice,"   she  said  while  stifling  a  yawn.

"I  have  a  question  darling,"  I  said  abruptly. 

"What's  up  darling?"  she  answered  in  response.

"How  come  you  never  reminded  me  it  was  your  birthday  i n  September?  It  seemed  empty  last  year  and  something  was  missing," I  told  her  softly. 

"Uh  I  honestly  don't  know  love.  You  were  busy  with  your  brothers  and  planning  our  engangment  too.  I  just  didn't  think  of  it.  Me  and  Karen  celebrated  at  a   brunch,"  she  told  me  quietly,  not  making  eye  contact.

"You  don't  ever  need  to  feel  like  I'm  ever  too  busy  with  for  you.  I  will  always  have  time  for  my  darling,  whether  it  be  spontaneous  moments  or  planned  moments,"  I  told  her  while  cupping  her  face.

"I  uh,"  she  started  while  stuttering.

I  cut  her  off  and  passionately  kissed  her.