Chapter 93 Rest Your Love On Me

*September  1981*

(Y/N)'s  tour  is  over  despite  her  having  vocal  difficulties.  She  is  now  home  with  Andy  taking  care  of  her.

(Y/N)'s POV:

Tour  is  over.  The  last  3  shows  I  ended  up  lip-syncing  to  the  recordings  for  my  album  with  Karen's  help.

I  am  not   allowed  to  sing  for  one  month  and  I  can't  really  speak  for  another  week.  The  doctor's  want  me  on  complete  vocal  rest.  Andy  has  been  a  big  help  the  last  few  days.

Karen  came  over  this  morning  to  check  on  me.

Andy  was  out  buying  some  more  comfort  items  for  me.

Karen  was  trying  to  carry  a  convo  with  me  as  she  asked  me  stuff  I  wrote  it   down.

"So  how  do  you  think the tour  went?"  Karen  asked.

I  wrote  down  "pretty  good  till  the  last  week."

Karen  read  the  paper  and  responded, "Aw  we  did  great  though  (Y/N)!  You  are  on  your  own  rocking  it."

I  smiled  at  her  and  responded  on  paper.

"Thanks  KC.  I  appreciate  you  girl.  I  can't  wait  till  we  can  actually  speak  about  the  tour,"  I wrote.

Karen  read  it  and  laughed.

"It's  one  week  and  we  can  have  brunch  and  gossip  all  we  want,"  Karen  said  reassuring  me.

I  drew  a  smiley  face.

Karen  got  up  to  leave  and  gave  me  a  hug.

"I  will  come  see  you  tomorrow  too  ok?"  Karen  said  heading  out  the  door.

I  gave  her  a  thumbs  up  and  she  waved  goodbye.

Not  short  after,  I  heard  Andy  get  home.

I  went  and  greeted  him  at  the  door.

"Ello  darling,"  Andy  said  carrying  a  brown  paper  bag  full.

I  just  waved  and  stole  a  kiss.

He  went  to  the  kitchen  and  put  away  the  soups  he  bought  me,  along  with  some  tea. 

"I'm  going  to  make  you  some  lunch  darling  along  with  some  more  tea,"  Andy  said  getting  a  saucepan  and  the  tea  kettle.

I  grabbed  my  pen  and  paper, "I  appreciate  you  so  much.  You  are  the  best."

"Aw  darling  I'd  do  anything  for  you,  my  wifey,"  Andy  said.

I  turned  red  because  I  still  forget  we  are  married,  even  though  this  ring  on  my  finger  says  so.

"Stop  blushing  my  darling  wife,"  Andy  said  smirking.

I  couldn't  say  anything  in  response  except  a  paper-written  statement.

"You  are  too  much  sometimes,"  I  wrote  on  the  paper.

Andy  read  it  and  laughed, "I  know  darling.  I  try  my  best." 

I  just  shook  my  head  and  went  back  to  the  living  room  and  watched  some  Match  Game.  I  honestly  forgot  I  had  been  on  the  show  a  few  years  back.

Brett  was  still  fisety.  I  kept  laughing  and  I  wasn't  supposed  to,  so  I  had  to  change  the  channel.

"Darling  you  shouldn't  be  laughing,"  Andy  said  in  the  kitchen.

Oh  no  he  caught  me.

I  kept  trying  to  find  something  more  serious.

Well  One  Day  at  a  Time  repeats  were  on,  how  badly  could  this  end?

As  soon  as  I  saw  Schidner  in  a high  waisted  disco  pants  and  sleeked  back  hair,  I  had  to  flip  the  channel.

Andy  soon  came  out  with  a  bowl  of  soup  and  a  cup  of  tea.

"You  gotta  let  em'  cool  off   darling,"  Andy  said  setting  them  on  the  coffee  table.

He  grabbed  the  TV   guide  and  tried  finding  something  to  watch.

"No  all  these  will  make  you  laugh  darling,  which  is  something  I  know  you  love.  But  your  vocal  chords,"  Andy  said  flipping  through  the  guide.

I  grabbed  my  pen  and  paper  and  wrote  down  "but  laughter  is  the  best  medicine."

Andy  read  it   and  laughed, "No  no  not  in  this  case  darling."

I  grabbed  my  soup  and  began  to  relax,  hoping  I'd  be  able  to  speak  and  laugh  soon.