Chapter 120 Restless in Downey

*May  1982*

Andy  and  (Y/N)  have a  restless night  and  can't  sleep.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Me  and  Andy  headed  to  bed  per  usual.  We  said  our  good  nights  and  flipped  over.

I  face  the  window  at  first  before  I  end  up  tangled  in  Andy's  arms.

But.  tonight,  something  was  off  for  my  body.

When  I closed  my  eyes,  it  was  like  I  wasn't  tired  anymore.  It  felt  like  I  had  an  extra  cup  of  coffee  to  get  caffienated  by.  

I  could  feel  Andy  shifting  on  the  sheets,  which  is  something  he  never  does. 

I  sat  up  and  readjusted  my  pillows,  hoping  to   help  me  doze  off. 

Every  few  minutes,  I'd  open  my  eyes  and  checked  the  clock.

I  saw  11pm  come  and  go,  12am  go,  and  I  saw  130am  too.

I  could  feel  Andy  snake  his  arms  around  my  waist.

"Are  you  having  a  problem  going  to  sleep  darling?"  Andy  whispered . 

I  honestly  thought  he'd  fallen  asleep  already.

"Yes  I  don't  know  what's  wrong,"  I  told  him  flipping  to  face  him

"Did  you  eat  any  sugar?"  Andy  asked  playing  with  my  hair.

I  thought  back  to  earlier  in  the  evening.  I  had  my  cup  of  chamolie  tea  and  that  was  it.  For  dinner,  Andy  had  picked  up  hamburgers  and  fries  from  McDonalds.

"No  I  didn't  have  any  sugar  unless  you  count,"  I  said  with  a  smug  look.

"Haha  darling  well  let  me  just  hold  you  and  see  if  you  can  fall  asleep.  Do  you  have  anything  important  to  do  today  early?"  Andy  asked.

"I  have  an  appointment  with  Karen  at  12:30  to  get  our  nails  done,"  I  said  yawning.

"Well  you  can  come  home  after  that  and  take  a  nap  too  if  you  don't  fall  asleep  soon,"  Andy  said  glacing  at  the  clock.

I  glanced  too  and  it  was  now  230am.

I  just  sighed  and  laid  contently  in  Andy's  arms.

I  could  feel  the  tiredness  overcoming  my  eyes,  but  my  body  wouldn't  relax  enough.  

Andy  was  making  cute  little  snores  and  I  didn't  want  to  disturpt  him.

I  wiggled  out  of  Andy's  arms  and  went  to  the  bathroom  real  quick.  Then,  I  headed  downstairs  for  some  water  to  see  if  that  would  help  me.

Sam  followed  me  around  the  kitchen  and  wanted  something.  So,  I  gave  him  a  dog  biscuit  as  we  headed  upstairs  again  to  get  back  into  bed.

It  was  now  4:15am.

I  stretched  and  crawled  back  into  bed. 

Andy  was  starting  to  talk  in  his  sleep.

"Cookies?  Can  I  get  some  milk  too?"  Andy  said  in  his  sleep.

I  had  to  stifle  my  giggle  by  putting  my  hand  over  my  mouth.

Andy  sit  up  straight  and  opened  his  eyes.

"Why  are  you  sitting  up  again  darling?"  Andy  asked  sleepily. 

"I  haven't  fallen  asleep  still  love,"  I  said  a  bit  frustrated.

"I'm  sorry  darling,"  Andy  said  holding  his  arms  open  for  me  to  be  wrapped  in.

I  settled  back  into  bed  and  Andy  kissed  my  forehead  and  played  with  my  hair.

He  began  singing  in  a  low  tone, "An  Everlasting  Love."

I  scooted  down  and   started  finally  relaxing.

I  think  I  finally  fell  asleep  because  the  next  thing  I  remember  was  seeing  sunrays  peeking  behind  our  curtains.  I  looked  at  the  clock  and  it  was  9:56am.  

I  may  have  had  a  restless  night,  but  Andy  helped  me.