Chapter 32 Tis the Season

*early  December  1979*

(Y/N)  is  in  full  swing  getting  ready  for  Christmas.  Andy  is  finalizing  his  new  album  before  its  release. 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

It's  officially  my  favorite  time  of  the  year.    Christmas  is  my  favorite  season.  This  year,  I  had  a  new  house  to  make  memories  in.  Don't  think  I  don't  wonder  about  my  family  in  2021.  

I  still  ponder,  has  time  moved  on   and  my  memory  has  been  erased?  Or,  is  time  frozen  from  the  time  I  left?

We  finished  decorating  for  Christmas  a  few  days  ago.  Our  fireplace  looks  like  a  Hallmark  movie  dream.  Wait,  that  didn't  exist  yet  in  this  dimension.  

I  helped  Andy  hang  the  Christmas  lights  and  we  even  found  some  candy  cane  sticks  for  the  front  yard.  This  Christmas  was  different  because  of  course,  I  was  used  to  cooler  temperatures.  

California  Christmas  had  a  nice  ring  to  it.  Of  course,  I  did  feel  a  bit  homesick.  The  year  before  I  kind  of  didn't  experience  it.  Time  was  skipping  around,  perhaps  a  matrix  glitch.

Today,  I  wanted  to  make  some  cookies.  I  was  lucky  that  I  had  my  future  memories  still  etched  in  my  brain.

I  got  the  ingredients  to    make  snowballs,   peanut butter  cookies,    and  some  fudge.

I  wasn't  a  big  sweet  fan,  but  I  had  to  bring  some  Christmas  cheer  to  the  new  house.

Andy  was  busy  at  the  studio  most  mornings  because  his  new  album,  After  Dark  was  coming  out  in  February.

I  turned   on  the  radio,  and  much  to  my  surprise,  Christmas  music  was  filling  my  ears.  

"Next  up  we  have  a  classic  Christmas  song,  Merry  Christmas  Darlings  by  the  Carpenters!"  the  radio  spoke.

I  kind  of  rolled  my  eyes  because  I  was  literally  a  Carpenter  to  a  point  now.  

But,  nonetheless    I  happily  sang  along  because  the  Carpenters  will  always  have  a  special  place  in  my  heart.

The  only  thing  I  hated  is  that  George  Michael  hadn't  hit  the  airwaves  at  this  point  for  "Last  Christmas."  This  was  my  second  favorite  Christmas  song.  

But, at  least   I  landed  in  the  1970s,  not an era  where  nobody  I   loved  was  at.

I  got  all  the  cookie  doughs  done  and  chilled  them  in  the  fridge.  I  did  microwave  fudge.  I  got  my  chocolate chips  and  condensed  milk  and  melted  them  together.  

Just  as   I  was  putting  the  fudge  in  the  fridge,  I  could  hear  lips  smacking.

Andy,  looking  guilty,  was  staring  back  with  puppy  dog  eyes.

"Uh  what  darling?  Was  I  not  supposed  to  sample  this?"  Andy  asked  me  gesturing  a  spoon  towards  me.

"I  didn't  say  that  love.  You  are  crazy,"  I  said  taking  the  spoon  and  tossing  it  in  the  sink.

Andy  stuck  his  finger  in  the  bowl  of  chocolate  and   placed  it  on  my  nose.

"Why  did  you  do  that  darling?"  I  asked  him   glaring  at  him. 

"Cause  it  adds  extra  sweetness  too  you  darling,  duh,"  Andy  said  with  a  smirk.

I  rolled  my  eyes  at  him.  He  was  a  kid  at  heart  and  it  made  me  smile.

"Andrew  I  think  you  need  an  actual  lunch  before  you  dig  into  sweets,"I  said  laughing  at  him.

"Did,  did  you  just  call  me  Andrew?"  Andy  said  laughing.

"Uh  yeah  I  did  why  haha,"  I  said.

"Am  I  in  trouble  darling?"  Andy  pouted  his  lips.

"No  love,  I  just  wanted  to  ruffle  your  feathers,"  I  said   giggling.

"You  are  crazy,"  Andy  said  embracing  me.

"Did  you  want  some  lunch  or  did  you  wanna  help  me  make  cookies?" I  asked  pouting  back  at  him.

"The  latter  option  sounds  better,"  Andy  said  in  response.

We  got  the  dough  out  and  started  baking  Christmas  memories.