Chapter 113 Hello Walls

*March  1982*

(Y/N)  struggles  to  come  up  with  material  for  her  new  album.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Herb  has  made  it  official  he  wants  me  to  do  a  new  album  by  next  year.  My  first  3  singles  have  done  well  2  of  them  went  gold  (still  counting!)

Now  the  hard  part  is  coming  up  with  more  material  for  the  album.

Today,  I  am  in  the  studio  messing  around  with  lyrics  I've  written.  Karen  joined  me  today  along  with  Andy.

"Lean  your  head  on  my  shoulder,  let  the  sun  kiss  our  skin," I  sang.

"Wow  (Y/N)  those  lyrics  are  powerful,"  Karen  said  shocked.

"I  wrote  these  when  me  and  Andy  were  in  Hawaii,"  I  said  laughing  into  the  microphone.

"Is  that  the  Footprints  in  the  Sand  song?"  Andy  asked  outside  the  recording  booth.

"Yes  love  it  is,"  I  said.

"I  think  a  really  nice  piano  rift  would  be  good  at  this  part  of  the  lyrics,"  I  said  before  singing.

"You  and  me,   just  two  shadows  walking  in  the  sand,"  I  sang.

"So  like  a  piano  part  like  da  da  da  da  dadada,"  Andy  said.

"I  was  thinking  similar  notes  to  the  Close  to  You  intro?"  Karen  suggested.

"Oooh  that  might  be  nice.  We  have  to  check  with  Herb  and  Rich  though,"  I  told  her.

"What  other  lyrics  do  you  want  to  play  around  with?"  Karen  asked  me.

"How  about  the  song    Cherry  Blossoms  in  the  Sky?"  I  asked.

"Which  song  is  that  darling?"  Andy  asked.

"It's  the  song  I  wrote  in  New  York  in  1979  when  we  had  our  picnic  in  Central  Park,"  I  told  him.

"You  and  I,  sitting  side  by  side,   cherries  glisten  the  sky.  The  sound  of  love  fills  the  air,  and  baby  I  don't  care.  The  blossoms  fly  by  in  the  sky,"  I  began  singing.

"Oh  that's  when  I  was  recording  my   solo  album!"  Karen  exclaimed. 

"Your  kisses  fill  my  senses  like  the  cherry  blossoms  across  the  sky,"  I  kept  singing.

"This  was  when  it  was  the  Spring  of  1979  when  me  and  (Y/N)  were  out  during  the  blooming  of  the  cherry  trees  and  a  big  gust  of  wind  came  and  the  blossoms  filled  the  sky,"  Andy  explained  to  Karen.

"I  bet  that  was  beautiful  to  see.  Too  bad  I  was  stuck  in   the  studio,"  Karen  said  laughing.

"What  else  you  got?"  Andy   asked  me  as  I  flipped  through  my  journal. 

"Sunflower,"  I  responded  into  the  microphone.

"This  was  a  song  probably  you  wrote  a  few  months  ago  from  our  trip  to  Tennesse?"  Andy  asked  smiling.

"Yes  love  it  is,"  I  said.

"Sing  some  of  it  please,"  Karen  told  me. 

"Yellow  is  the  color  of  happiness,  color  of  sunshine,  when  I  see  you  I  think  of  sunflowers.   You  make  me  smile,  you  make  me  sigh,  you  and  I  baby,  can't  pass  our  love  by,"  I  sang  in  a  lower  octave.

"I  think  a  stronger  guitar  would  be  good  in  this song,"  Andy  suggested  to  me.

"That  would  be  perfect,"  Karen  added.

"I'm  glad  you  two  came  to  the  studio  today  with  me.  I'd  be  clueless  with  these  songs,"  I  spoke  into  the  microphone.

"We  are  your  cheerleaders  woo!"  Karen  said  pretending  to  have  pompom's  in  her  hands.

"Karen  do  you  want  to  be  one  of  the  co-producers  of  the  album?  Andy?"  I  asked  them.

"I  would  love  to  darling,"  Andy  said.

"Me  too!"  Karen  responded  smiling.

"I'll  make  sure  its  cool  with  Herb  but  you  guys  understand  me  so  well  and  our  vibes  bounce  good  ideas  off  each  other,"  I  smiled.

"I'll  even  play  some  drums  for  some  of  the  songs  too  till  me  and  Rich  hit  the  studio  again  for  our  next  album,"  Karen  added.

"Oooh  this  album   coud  be  so  fun,"  I  said  happily.

"We  are  a   dream  team!"  Andy  said  smirking.

"We  could  be  a  new  trio  if  you  wanted  to  like  your  brothers,"  Karen  said  laughing.

"A  Australian,  a  Californian  and  a  Connecticuter  walk  into  a  bar,"  Andy  said  laughing. 

"And  they  all  had  a  talent,  one  shakes  their  hips,  the  other  drums  and  one  sings,"  I  said  laughing.

"They  all  can  make  a  tune  together,"  Karen  said.

"It  was  a  beautiful  mess,"  Andy  said.

I  just  rolled  my  eyes.  I  couldn't  ask  for  anything  else.  Having  Karen  and  Andy  in  the  same  room,  both  healthy  and  happy  made  me  overjoyed.

"Did  you  have  any  other  songs  to  record  some  demos  for?"  Karen  pondered.

"I  have  over  a  hundred  songs  in  this  journal  but  some  aren't  even  finished,"  I  responded. 

"Let's  listen  to  a  few  more  darling  before  we  go  to  dinner,"  Andy  suggested.

"Ok  sounds  good,"  I  said  flipping  through  the  journal  of  mine.

"You  should  find  the  song  we  wrote  when  you  and  I  had  that  day  shopping  for   the  bridemaids  dresses  for  your  wedding,"  Karen  asked.

"Satin  Dreams?"  I  asked.

"Yes  Satin  Dreams,"  Karen  replied.

"Pink  shoes  hit's  the  floor,  we  walk  hand  in  hand,  down  the   street,"  I  started  singing.

"We  hit  the  dance  floor  and  we  don't  miss  a  beat,"  Andy  sang  outside  the  booth.

"Wait  how  did  you  know  that  was  the  next  line?"  I  asked  puzzled.

"I  was  sitting  next  to  you  when  you  wrote   it  love,"  Andy  replied  laughing. 

"Oh  haha ,"  I  said  a  bit  embarrassed.

"I  remember  every  detail  about  you  darling,"  Andy  said.

"You  guys  are  so  cute  I  need  a  relationship  like  this,"  Karen  said  with  a  sigh.

"You  will  find  your  prince  charming  soon,"  I  reassured  her. 

"I  need  to  find  an  Australian  like  Andy  haha,"  Karen  said  laughing.

"Well  I  can  see  if  I  have  any  single  friends  from  Australia,"  Andy  said  winking  in  my  direction.

"Haha  very  funny  Andy,"  Karen  said  lightly  punching  his  arm.

We  continued  messing  around  in  the  studio  till  it  was  time  for  dinner.