Chapter 190 Blue Snowflakes

*December  1983*

(Y/N)  and  Karen  (with  Andy's  help)  build  gingerbread  houses! 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  I  invited  Karen  over  to  make   gingerbread  houses.  It  used  to  be  a  tradition  with  my  family  and  siblings  and  I  want  to  restart  the  tradition  in  the  past.

Andy  also  wanted  to  join  us  after  he  got  back  from  an  interview.  

"Did  you  buy  us  each  houses  to  build?"  Karen  asked  curiously.

"Yes  KC!"  I  replied  giving  Karen  a  house  kit  to  open.

"Oooh  cool!"  Karen  said  sipping  some  apple  cider.

"Andy  might  crash  our  girls  day  after  he  gets  out  of  his  interview,"  I  told  Karen.

"Haha  that's  ok  (Y/N)!"  Karen  replied.

"Worse  case  scenario  if  they  don't  stay  with  frosting,  I  sometimes  use  hot  glue  to  make  it  stick  together," I  told  Karen  as  I  pulled  out  the  glue gun.

"That's  a  neat  idea  (Y/N).  I  never  would  thought  of  using  glue,"  Karen  said  organizing  the  sprinkles  and  gingerbread  house  pieces.

"I  learned  to  use  glue  when  I  first  moved  to  Cali  and  my  first  Christmas  here,  the frosting  kept  melting,"  I  said  laughing. 

"California  surely  does  have  its  hot  spells,"  Karen  said  hyperfocused  on  her  house.

"I  sometimes  miss  the  colder  winters,"  I  replied  to  Karen.

"I  remember  the  Christmases  in  Connecticut  when  I  was  younger  and  I  thought  how  horrible  it  was  freezing  on  Christmas  Day. I  would  trade  everything  to  have  a  snowy  Christmas  again,"  Karen  told  me.

"That's  why  me  and  Andy  loved  going  to  the  cabin  last  year.  Waking  up  to  snow  on  Christmas  was  a  joy,"  I  told  Karen  as  I  put  my  house  together.

"I  have  to  do  that  one  day  or  maybe  buy  a  house  in  Connecticut  or  Colorado  to  have  a  winter  vacation  like  that,"  Karen  replied  as  she  started  putting  the  gingerbread  roof  on  her  house.

"It  was  one  of  the  best  decisions  me  and  Andy  ever  made,"  I  told  her  as  I  put   more  frosting  on  the  roof.

"What  was the  best  decision?"  Andy  said  from  behind  me,  making  me  nearly  jump  out  of  my  skin.

"Haha  the  cabin,"  I  replied  to  him.

"Well  hello  to  you  to  darling,"  Andy  said  coming  over  to  the  table,  kissing  the  top  of  my  head.

"You  scared  the  daylights  out  of  me,"  I  told  him.

"Me  too  don't  worry  (Y/N),"  Karen  said  laughing.

"Ello  Karen,"  Andy  said.

"Top  of  the  morning  to  you  Andy,"  Karen  said  in  an  accent.

"Haha  Karen's  funny  darling,"  Andy  said  nudging  me.

"Yes  she  is,"  I  said  smiling.

"The  houses  are  looking  good,"  Andy  said  dipping  his  finger  in  the  frosting.

"Nooooo  love,"  I  said  swatting  his  hands.

"Ooopsies,"  Andy  said  innocently.

"You  guys  are  something  else,"  Karen  pipped  in  laughing.

"We  try,"  I  told  her  giggling.

"Best  couple  ever  if  I  do  say  so  myself,"  Andy  said  confidently.

"I  vote  yes!"  Karen  said  as  she  put  more  frosting  on  her  roof.

Andy  high-fived  me.

"I'm  going  to  go  get  something  to  drink  and  snack  on,"  Andy  told  me  as  he  gave  me  a  kiss.

"Otay  love,"  I  told  him  as  he  walked  to  the  kitchen.

"You  guys  are  literally  so  cute,"  Karen  gushed.

"Aw  haha  KC!  Ya  know  I  never  believed  you  when  the  night  me  and  Andy  had  our  first  date  that  you   were  right  about  singing  at  our  wedding,"  I  told  her  as  I  put  some  gumdrops  around  the  house  as  bushes.

"I  just  felt  it  in  my  heart.  Two  young  loves,  crossing  each  others  paths,  destined  to  be,"  Karen  said  dramatic.

"Just  like  Romeo  and  Juliet?"  I  said  laughing.

"Yes  like  Romeo  and  Juliet.  Except,  there's  no  poison  and  you  both  are  living  happily  after,"  Karen  replied  smiling.

"What  about  poison?"  Andy  said  coming  back  in  to  sit  at  the  table.

He  grabbed  a  bowl  full of  peanut  butter  pretzels  and a  Diet  Coke. 

"Oh  Karen  said  we  were  destined  to  be  together  like  Romeo  and  Juliet,"  I  said.

"But  you  guys  don't  have  poison  like  they  did  in  Shakespeare,"  Karen  replied.

"Ohhhhh  haha  that's  true  though.  We  were  destined  to  be  together.  You  literally  falling  for  me  that  day  in  May,"  Andy  replied  kissing  my  cheek.

"Again  ya'll  are  so  cute!"  Karen  replied  gushing  again.

"When's  it's  meant  to  be,  the  stars  seem  to  glisten,"  I  started  singing.

"That's  beautiful  darling.  That  could  be  a  new  song  of  yours,"  Andy  replied.

At  first,  I  was  like  yeah  it  could  be.  But,  i've  heard  those  words  before.

"Meant  to  be,  all  the  clouds  depart,"  I  sang  quietly.

"Keep  going  darling  it's  beautiful,"  Andy  encouraged.

"Yeah  where  do  you  get  the  notion  of  great  lyrics?"  Karen  said  outloud.

"That's destiny  calling,  and  if  you  listen  you'll  find  your  heart?"  I  sang  confused.

"Woah  darling  that's  a  catchy  tune,"  Andy  told  me  as  he  threw  some  sprinkles  on  the  roof  of  my  gingerbread  house.

Then  it  hit  me!  I  was  singing  a  song  from  Teen  Beach  Movie  from  the  future.  

Maybe  the  song  was  a  sign  from  the  universe  saying  this  was  meant  to  be  that  this  is  my  destiny. 

"I'm  sure  if  you  came  up  with  a  chorus,  the  song  would  be  hit,"  Karen  told   me.

"Maybe.  If  it's  meant  to  be,  it  will  be,"  I  said  shifting  my  focus  back  to  the  gingerbread  houses.

We  continued  decorating  our  gingerbread  houses  as  I  pondered  this  destination.