Chapter 193 New Years Party

*December  31,  1983*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  attend  A&M  Record's  annual  New  Years  party.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Another  year  has  come  and  gone.  Today  is  A&M's  New  Years  party.  I  personally  think  I  only  have  4  more  years  left  before  I'm  shot  back  to  the  future.  Perhaps  I  am  wrong.

Andy  decided  to  wear  for  the  party  the  royal  blue  satin  button-up,  black  jeans  and  his  new  Nikes.  I  decided  to  wear  a  black  satin  blazer  suit  set,  black  heels,  and  I  wore  the  necklace  and  earrings  Andy  got  me  for  Christmas.

Personally,  we  weren't  too  thrilled  going  out  of  the  house.  Somehow  I  managed  to  turn  Andy  to  a  little  hermit  since  I  got  here.  He  doesn't  like  the  party  life  and  I  don't  either.  Give  me  reruns  of  an  old  TV  show  and  snacks  and  that's  the  way  I  like  spending  my  evenings.

The  party  started  at  6  and  we  decided  we'd  stay  until  930-10:00.

It  was  only  6:30  now  and  I  was  already  getting  bored.

Karen  and  Richard  were  of  course  here  too.  Karen  came  by  herself  and  Richard  brought  Mary.

"Tonight  is  going  slowwwwwww,"  Andy  said  as  we  were  dancing.

"It  sure  is  love  haha,"  I  told  him.

"They  should  play  some  throwback  Disco  hits  to  spice  up  the  show,"  Andy  replied  laughing.

"True,"  I  said   giggling.

Karen  came  up  to  us.

"Hey  they  are  gonna  play  some  of  A&M's  artists  singles  and  I'm  up  first  from  my  solo,"  Karen  said  happily.

"Aw  awesome  KC!"  I  told  her.

Shortly  after,  they  started  playing  Lovelines.  You  could  tell  everybody's  energy  started  to  pick  up.  Don't  get  me  wrong,  old  songs  like  Dean  Martin  or  Perry  Como.  But  to  dance  to,  at  a  New  Years  party,  kind  of  was  making  everyone  sleepy.

"Just  give   good   times   the   way  that  love   should   be,"  I  sang  as  me  and  Andy  danced.

To  be  honest,  I  wasn't  a  great  dancer  on  my  feet.  But  what  the  hey  let's  have  some  fun.

"Do  you  want  to  get  some  drinks  darling?"  Andy  asked  as  the  song  ended.

"Sure  let's  go  sit  down  for  a  while,"  I  told  Andy.

We  found  a  table  where  Karen  was  at.  I  somehow  lost  Andy  along  the  way.

"Hi  KC!"  I  told  her  as  I  brought  her  some  punch.

"Hey  (Y/N) !"  Karen  replied.

"Why  do  you  look  so  sad?"   I  asked  Karen  as  I  took  a  seat.

"Everyone  will  have  a  new  years  kiss  except  me.  I  know  I'm  a  33  year  old  grown  woman  but  still,"  Karen  said  sad.

"Hey  cheer  up  KC  I'm  sure  one  of  the  gentleman  that  came  to  the  party  will  want  to  kiss  the  Karen  Carpenter,"  I  told  her  trying  to  cheer  her  up.

"It's  not  that  at  all  though.  I  should  be  settled  down  and  having   a  family  already,"  Karen  said  in  response.

"KC,  there  is  still  plenty  of  time  for  you  to  do  all   that.  There  isn't  a  time  limit  for  you.  The  skies  the  limit.  Make  1984  the  year  you  pursue  that  dream,"  I  told  her  in  a  comforting  voice.  

Andy  wandered  over  to  where  we  were  and  came  and  sat  down.

"Herb  pulled  me  aside  and  was  just  boasting  how  he  thinks  he  wants  you  and  Karen  to  do  an  album  or  some  sort  of  collab  again  like  the  good  old  days,"  Andy  replied.

"Really?"  I  asked  him.

"Yeah  I  forgot  to  tell  you.  Herb  wants  a  throwback  show  like  if  it  was  1978  all  over  again,"  Karen  said.

Hopefully  changing  the  subject  will  cheer  KC up.

"I'm  down  to  do  that  Karen,"  I  replied  taking  a  sip  of  punch.

"Bringing  back  the  70s!"  Karen  said  happily,  raising  a  toast.

"Cheers,"  I  said  clinking  her  glass.

"1978  was  the  best  year  of  my  life,"  Andy  said  smiling.

"Awww  me  too  love,"  I  told  him.

"Come  on  (Y/N)!"  Karen  said  grabbing  me  by  the  hand.

"Have  fun,"  Andy  said  laughing.

Our  song,  I  Was  Made  for  Dancing  by  Leif  Garrett  was  on.

"This  song  holds  so  many  memories,"  Karen  said  acting  silly  on  the  dance  floor.

"It  does  KC,"  I  said  acting  silly  like  her.

Despite  us  both  being  grown  woman,  we  were  children  at  heart.

I  saw  Andy  at  the  table  cheering  me  on.

"Let's  dance  the  night  away!"  Karen  shouted.

We  had  a  ball  at  the  party  and  here  we  are,  entering  another  year  with  my  two  favorite  people.