Chapter 111 Tonight Tonight

*late  January  1982*

(Y/N)   is  on  the  Tonight  Show  and  she  drags  Andy  on  stage  with  her. 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  is  the  day  we  tape  the  Tonight  Show.  I  am  a   bit  nervous  for  this  one  as  John  Davidson  is  hosting  is  again  like  the  Carpenters  show  in  1978.  I  remember  that  day  Andy  surprised  me  in  the  audience  and   Maurice  and  Robin.

I  think  back   to  how  much  has  changed  and  the  memories  rush  in  just  like  it's  yesterday  once  more.

When   I  first  came  to  this  world,  I  never  thought  I'd  be  here  for  this  long.  I  haven't  completed  my  mission.  I  still  have  to  get  through  at  least  1983  and  pass  Karen's  death  date  and  I'm  going  to  end  up  staying  till  at  least  1988  I  assume  for  Andy  too.

For  the  show,  I  am  wearing  a  denim  jumpsuit  Karen  bought  me  and  I  chose  sneakers  instead.  They  asked  me  to  perform  Yesterday  Once  More.

Andy  drove  us  to  the  set  for  the  taping.  Little  did  he  know,  I  was  going  to  have  him  join  me  on  stage  to  perform  our  duet  from  my  first  album  cause  Davidson  was  a  fan  of  the  song.

"How  excited  are  you  darling?"  Andy  asked  as  we  walked  to  the  studio  doors.

"I'm  nervous  as  usual  love  haha,"  I  told  him  as  he  held  the  door  open.

"But  you  look  smashing  darling  did  I  tell  you?"  Andy  asked  me  as  we  walked  to  the  dressing  rooms.

"Aw  thanks  love,"  I  told  him  and  stole  a  kiss.

I  was  already  dressed  and  ready.  I  just  brought  my  makeup  to  freshen  up   before  I  went  on.

We  settled  into  my  dressing  room  while   they  filmed  other  parts  of  the  show  before  it  was  my  turn.

Me  and  Andy  made  small  talk   as  we  chilled  in  the  dressing  room.

"How  many  songs  are  you  performing  darling?"  Andy  asked  me  as  he  looked  at  me  in  the  mirror  while  I  did  my  makeup.

"I'm  performing  my  newest  single  that's  all  I  know,"  I  told  him  with  a  smile.

Little  did  he  know  Davidson  wanted  to  hear  the  both  of  us  sing.

"Is  there  a  photo  slide  show  going  to  play  behind  you  of  baby  pictures?"  Andy  inquired.

"That's  what  Davidson  asked  me  for  last  week  was  a  stack  of  photos  from  over  the  years.  I  made  sure  to  include  photos  of  us  to,"  I  told  him  as  I  applied  my  blush. 

"Aw  darling   that's  great,"  Andy  told  me.

"I'm  probably  going  to  be  embarrassed  by  the  pictures  while  I  sing.   I  also  don't  know  if   Davidson  is  going  to  embarrass  me  from  old  footage  from  my  first  appearance  on  the  show  with  Karen and  Rich,"  I  told  Andy.

"I  always  make  a  fool  of  myself  all  the  time,"  Andy said  chuckling. 

"No  you  don't  love.  At  least  you  never  fell  off  the  sidewalk,"  I  said  laughing.