Chapter 188 Here With You

*December 1983*

(Y/N ) and  Andy  go  Christmas  shopping  for  his  brothers,  Karen,  etc. 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  we  had  some  time  to  go  shopping  for  Christmas.  This  year,  we  are  staying  home  and  enjoying  the  new  house.  We  will  be  shipping  Andy's  brother's  gifts  again  this  year. 

Andy  thought  about  getting  them  the  jackets  I  got  him  and  so  we  placed  the  order  a  few  weeks  ago.  They  were  finally  ready  today.  I  also  got  one  for  Karen.

"I  hope  they  are  as  beautiful  as  the  one  I  got  you  love," I  told  Andy  as  we  got  out  of  the  car  at  the  jacket  shop.

"I'm  sure  it  will  be  darling,"  Andy  said  grabbing  my  hand  before  we  headed  inside.

We  had  already  paid  for  them  so  we  were  just  picking  them  up.

"Hello.  Are  you  the  order  for  the  Gibbs?"  the  store  clerk  asked.

"Yes   we  are,"  Andy  replied.

"They  are  each  packed individually.  We  wrote  the  names  on  the  box,"  the  store  clerk  told  us.

"Awesome  thank  you  so  much,"  I  told  the  clerk  while  Andy  and  I  each  carried  2  boxes.

"That  was  pretty  easy  darling,"  Andy  said  as  we  got  to  the  car  and  opened  the  trunk.

"It  was!  I  can't  wait  to  look  at  them,"  I  told  him  setting  the  boxes  in  the  trunk.

Andy  opened  my  door  for  me  as  always. 

I  got  settled  back  in  the  car  as  Andy  got  in  the  driver  seat.

"Where  to?"  Andy  asked.

"We  need  some  more  wrapping  paper  don't  we?"  I  asked  him.

"Oh  yes  that's  right.  So  Kmart?" Andy  curiously  asked.

"Sounds  good  to  me  love,"  I  told  him  as   I  buckled  my  seat.

"Okie  dokie,"  Andy  said  putting  on  his  turn  signal  to  pull  out  of  the  side  street  parking.

We  drove  pretty  much  quietly  to  Kmart.  God, I  wish Kmart  stuck  around  in  the  future.

Shortly,  we  arrived. 

"So  how  much  wrapping  paper  do  we  actually  need?"  Andy  asked  me  as  he  grabbed  a  shopping  cart.

"Probably at  least  3-4  rolls,"  I  replied  heading  to  the  Christmas  aisle.

They  had  very  few  selection  left.  It  was  only  December  5th.  Maybe  everyone  is  in  the  Christmas  spirit.

"Oooh  we  need  more  bows,"  Andy  said  grabbing  two  big  bags.

"Haha  really  love?"  I  asked  him.

"Yes  remember  that  one  Christmas  you  wrapped  the  bag  of  bows  in  Barry  and  Linda's  gift?"  Andy  replied  chuckling.

"Yes  why?"  I  asked  confused.

"That's  why  we  need  extra,"  Andy  said  smirking  at  me.

I  grabbed  a  roll  of  wrapping  paper  and  gently  hit  Andy's  back  end,  causing  him  to  jump.

"What  was  that  for?"  Andy  asked  laughing.

"Pay  back,"  I  said  putting  the  rolls  of  paper  in  my  cart.

"That's  not  how  this  works  darling,"  Andy  said  all  matter  of  factly.

"It  will,"  I  told  him.

I  continued  in  the   Christmas  section  while  Andy  kept  picking  on  me.

"If  you  don't  stop,  Santa  will  only  bring  you  coal!  Pure  black  coal, "  I  said  with  some  sass.

"Oh  no  darling  you  wouldn't!"  Andy  said  laughing.

"I  would!"  I  said  going  to  the  snacks  aisle  before  heading  to  the  checkout.

"You  are  something  else  darling,"  Andy  said  following  me.

We  headed  home  to  wrap  Christmas  gifts.