Chapter 61 Cake Fiesta

*April 1980*

(Y/N) and Andy go cake tasting  for  the  wedding  before  flying  back  to  California.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

My  favorite  part  of  planning  the  wedding  is  the  thought  about  cake.  Me  and  Andy  are  going  with  a  local   bakery  in  Denver  to  make  our  cake.

I  was so  stoked  to  try  all  the  types  of  cakes  and  frostings.  Buttercream    and  chocolate  are  my  weakness.  

The  bakery  is  in  walking  distance  of  our  hotel  so  me  and  Andy  decided  to  enjoy  the  crisp  Denver  spring  morning  and  walk  to  the  bakery.

We  headed  to  the  elevator  to  leave  the  hotel  and  get  our  adventure  started.

"Darling  what  kind  of  cake  do  we  really  want?"  Andy  asked  curiously  while  pushing  the  down button  in  the  elevator.

"Honestly  love  as  long  as  it  has  buttercream  or  whipped  cream,  I'll  be  happy,"  I  said  laughing.

"Well  that's  not  helpful  love,"  Andy  responded  laughing.

"Cherry  pistachio  cake  with  a  vanilla  whip  cream  frosting  sounds  so  good,"  I  told  him  looking  at  him   for  some  reaction.

"Oh  gosh  darling  that  sounds  mouthwatering.  Well  we  can  see  if  the  bakery  can  do  something  similiar  to  that.  I'd  be  down  for  that  being  our  cake,"  Andy  said  grabbing  my  handin  heading  to  the  hotel  doors.

"I  hope  so.  Gosh  that  would  be  so  good," I  said  smiling  at  him.

We  walked  hand  in  hand  towards  the  bakery.

Adela,  the  owner,  met  us  at  the  front  counter.

"Hello  you  must  be  Andy  and  (Y/N)!"  Adela greeted  us  happily.

"Hi  there!  We  are  so  excited  to  be  here  today  with  you," I  told  her.

"Yes  me  and  (Y/N)  are  excited  to  be  here  today  with  you,"  Andy  said  extending  his  hand  for  her   to  shake  it.

"So  we  have  complied  6  different  samples  of  cakes  we  typically  do  for  weddings.  If  there  isn't  one  that  grabs  your  attention  at  the  end,  we  can  discuss  a  customized  flavor  and  such,"  Adela  said  bringing  us  around  to  a  little  table.

Another  lady was  waiting  there  with  the  cake  samples.

"This  is  my  daughter Sharon who  helps  me  run  the  store,"  Adela said  to  us.

"Hello  its  so  nice  to  meet  you  Sharon,"  I  said  extending  my  hand  out.

"Wow  you  are  the  real  (Y/N)  (L/N)  and  Andy  Gibb  oh  my  gosh  please  excuse  me  I'm  a  bit  starstruck,"  Sharon  said  laughing.

"We  are  just  two  normal  human  beings  Sharon.  Don't  give  us  special  treatment,"  Andy  said  laughing.

"Ok  Mr.  and  Mrs.  Gibb,  let's  get  to  cake  testing,"  Adela  said  happily.

"So  the  first  one  we  have  is  a  vanilla  bean  cake  with  a  banana  cream  frosting,"  Sharon  said  slicing  the  cake   for  us.

We  take  a  bite  and  boy  was  it  really  sweet.

"Oh  this  is  actually  delicious,"  Andy  said  inbetween  chewing.  

"It  is  so  good.  Is  that  walnuts  I  taste?"  I  asked  Sharon.

"Yes  ma'am.  I'm  so  glad  you  like  it,"  Sharon  said  smiling.

"Ok  so  next  up  is  a  chocolate  cake   with  classic  buttercream,"  Adela  cut  the  slice  for  us.

"This  is  good  but  too  sweet  for  me,"  Andy  said  looking  at  me  for  my  opinon.

"I  agree  with  Andy.  It's  good  just  too sweet  for  me,"  I  told  them  all.

"Next  cake  we  have  is  a  cherry  pistachio  cake  with  whipped  cream  for  frosting,"  Sharon  said  placing  a  plate  in  front  of  me  and  Andy.

Me  and  Andy  looked  at  each  other  with  big  smiles  on  our  face.  

"That's  actually  so  funny  me  and   (Y/N)  were  talking  about  a  pistachio   cake  for  our  wedding,"  Andy  said  smiling.

"You  guys  kind  of  looked  like  pistachio  people,"  Adela  said  smiling  at  us.

I  took  one  bite  and  I  was  sealed  on  this  being  our  cake.  Andy  gave  me  the  same  look.

"Adela  and  Sharon,  I  think  this  is  the  winner  already,"  I  said  smiling.

"Oh  my  goodness  really?  That's  exciting!"  Sharon  said  looking  at  Adela.

"(Y/N)  and  Andy,  now  we  need  to  talk  about  the  size  of  the  cake,"  Adela  said  pulling  out  a  order  form.

"Well  we  are  having  roughly  75-80  guests.  And  our  wedding  date  is  October  11,  1980,"  Andy  said  with  a  smile  in  his  voice.

"Ok  perfect  we  can  do  that.  Did  you  want  one  or  two  layers?  Or  did  you  want  a  sheet cake?"  Adela  asked  us.

"Can  you  do  a  4  layer  pyramid  cake?"  I  asked  Adela.

"Absolutely  we  can  sunshine!"  Adela  said  jotting  down  all  the  info  down.

"You  guys  have  the  best cake  I've  ever  eaten,"  Andy  said.

"Yes  it's  the  best  cake  ever,"  I  said  smiling.

"The  (Y/N)  (L/N)  and  the  Andy  Gibb  saying  our  cake  is  the  best  mom  oh  my  gosh!"  Sharon  exclaimed.

Me  and  Andy  looked  at  each  other  and  smiled.

"Hey  Sharon,  do  you  have  a  piece  of  paper  me  and  Andy  could  sign?"  I  asked  her 

"I  would  love  that!  I'll  be  right  back!"  Sharon  said  going  to  the  back.

"How  long  have  you  run  the  bakery  Adela?"  I  asked  her  smiling.

"We've  been  around  12  years!  We  originally  were  in  Santa  Rosa,  New  Mexico  but  my  husband  Willie's  job  moved  us  out  here,"  Adela  told  us.

"I'm  back!"  Sharon  came  back  happily  with  a  blank  piece  of  paper.

I  took  the  paper  and  wrote  a  sweet  message  for  Sharon  and  Andy  did  the  same.

"Thank  you  so  much  (Y/N)  and  Andy!  I  will  cherish  it  the  rest  of  my  life,"  Sharon  said  smiling.

"All  the  details  are  settled.  You  don't  have  to  pay  for  the   cake  till  you  pick  it  up,"  Adela  told  us.

"Thank  you  so  much  Adela!  Take  care,"  me  and  Andy  said  our  goodbyes  and  headed  out  the  door.

"We  got  our  dream  cake  love!"    I  said  excitedly.

"Yes  darling!  I'm  so  excited  too!"  Andy  said  grabbing  my  hand.

We  headed  back  to  the  hotel  to  enjoy  our  mini  vacation  in  Denver.