Chapter 13 Rainy Night Blues

*its  now  January  1979.  Karen  is  recording  a  solo  album  in  New  York.  (Y/N)  is   having   to  find  ways  to  pass  time  as  the  Carpenters  are  on  hold  for  now.  Andy   and  (Y/N)  are  now  together  for  7  months. Andy is off  doing  concerts  from  time  to  time,  as  pictured  above.*

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Now  that  the  holidays  are  over,   everything  is  going  back  to  my  new  reality.  I  just  don't  know  how  time  keeps  moving  on  and  I  don't  disappear  like  the  movies  always  proclaimed.  

Karen  has  decided  to  go  to  New  York  with  Phil  Ramone  to  record  a  solo  album.  I  don't  blame  her.  Trying  to  get  away  from  the  apple  pie  image  is  the  only  way  to  do  so.   Because  of  the  time  zone  differences,  I  haven't  really  talked  to  her.  We  are  sending  lots  of  letters  though. 

I  was  in  Downey,  busying  myself  with  talk  show  interviews  and  tagging  along  with  Andy  at  his  appearances.  

I  feel  stuck.  For  so  many  weeks,  it  was  new  things.  Now,  everything  is  stagnant.  

Andy  was  out  at  a  night  club  appearance  for  the  night.  I  decided  to  stay  home    because  it  was  pouring  rain.

"Love  you,  I'll  be  home  no  later  than  midnight.  I'm  not  eating  with  the  band,  I'll  come  home  and  munch  with  you,"    Andy  said  while  hugging  and  kissing  me.

"Be  safe  love,  call  me  when  you  get  to  the  venue.  You  know  I  get  paranoid,"  I  told  him  quietly.

"I  know  darling,  stay  warm,"  Andy  said  while  walking  out  the  door.

I  now  had   6  hours  to  kill.   I  decided  to  organize  my  record   collection.  Even  if  I  get  back  to  my  time,   I  had  to  organize  it.

I  had  the  records  alphabetized.  I  had  ABBA,   Andy  &   the  Bee  Gees  (duh!),  Linda  Ronstadt,  etc.  

"Well  that  went  way  quicker  then  expected,"  I  mumbled  to  myself.

I  headed  to  the  kitchen  to  make  me  some  earl  grey  tea  since  it  was  chilly  today.

While  I  got  water  boiling,  I  had  a  genius  idea.  I'll  make  some  cookies  before  getting  some  dinner.  Andy  loved  my  chocolate  chip  cookies.  It  would  be   a  nice  surprise  for  him.

I  put  the  radio  on  (the  greatest  hits  of  the  day),   got  the  items  to  make  cookies.

*time  skip  to  after  making  cookies*

I  wasn't  feeling  the  best  after,  I  begun  getting  a  headache. 

I  decided  to  take  a  shower  and  take  some  tylenol.  I  knew  I  wouldn't  be  awake  when  Andy   would  get  home.  

Andy's  POV:

*around  midnight*

I  came  into  the  house, quietly.  All  the  lights  were  off  which  was  weird.   I  walked  to  the  kitchen  to  find  a  plate  of  cookies  with  a  note.

"Hope  the  show  went  well  darling.  Love  you,"  the  note  read.

"I  hope  (Y/N)'s  ok,"  I  mumbled  outloud.  

I  walked  up  the  stairs  to  our  room  to  find  (Y/N)  sound  asleep,  wearing  one  of  my  shirts  with  her  favorite  pajama  pants  and  fuzzy  socks.  She  looked  so  peaceful.  I  didn't  want  to  disturb  her.  

I   went  to  the  bathroom,  took  a  shower,  and  got  ready  for  bed.  I  felt  bad  that  I  wasn't  home  to  make  (Y/N)  feel  better.  

I  slowly  peeled  back  the  comforter,  trying  to  crawl  in  without  waking  her  up.

"Andy?  Is  that  you?"  (Y/N)  said  very  sleepy.

"Shhhh  darling,  it  is  me,  go  back  to  sleep  baby,"  I  told  her  kissing  her  forehead.  

"How  was  the  show?"  (Y/N)  asked  me  while  yawning.

"It  was  good  darling,  just  missed  you  in  the  audience,"  I  said  scooting  down  to  cuddle  her.

"Well  good  night   Andy,  I  love  you,"  she  said  half  asleep.

"Good  night  darling.  I  love  you  most,"  I  told  her  in  her  ear.

"Don't  do  that,  it  gives  me  chills,"  she  said  while  shivering.

That  made  me  laugh.  She  is  always  so  cold.  

I  pulled  the  comforter  up  over  us  so  we'd  be  warm.  If   you  told  me  I'd  be  living  the  best  life  I  could,  I  wouldn't  believe  you.