Chapter 80 Why Did It Have to Be Me?

*November  1980*

(Y/N)  goes  into  the  studio  to  record  a  new  single.   A&M  suggests  another  duet  for  her  and  Andy. 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

My  first  album  has  been  out  for  quite  a  while  now.  It's  doing  pretty  well.  It's  sold  over  1  million  copies  alone  in  the  U.S.  Now  that  the  album  has  done  its  run  on  the  charts,  Herb  and  A&M  wants  me  to  produce  more  material.  Herb  thinks  its  a  good  idea  me  and  Andy  team  up  again  and  do  a  duet.

I  personally  think  its  great  exposure  because  people  who  are  fans  of  Andy  may  not  know  of  my  music  and  vice  versa.  Andy  and  I  came  to  A&M  to  discuss  with  Herb  which  songs  he  was  looking  at  for  us  to  record.

"Which  songs  were  you  thinking  about?"  I  asked  Herb  while  me  and  Andy  sat  him  front  of  him.

"Well  we  were  wondering  if  you  could  write  a  new   song  or  is  there  a  song  you  think  that  might  have  chart  success?" Herb  replied.

Me  and  Andy  looked  at  each  other.

"I  was  honestly  thinking  going  back  a  few  years  to  some  ABBA  material  I  really  liked,"  I  told  Herb.

"Yeah  (Y/N)  really  likes  some  of  the   ABBA  material  and   I  personally  think  it  has  potential,"  Andy  added. 

"Which  songs  are  they?"  Herb  asked  while  getting  a  piece  of  paper  and  pen.

"Why  Did  It  Have  to  Be  Me   is  the  one  I  feel  strong  about,"  I  told  Herb.

"Hmmm  weird  I  don't  remember  that  one,"  Herb  said.

"There  is  an  earlier  version  called  Happy  Hawaii.  Either  one  we  would  like  to  record,"  Andy  said.

"We  can  look  into  the  rights  for  the  song  and  see  what  we  can  do,"  Herb  told  us.

"That  sounds  great  Herb.  I  really  think  its   a  upbeat  song  that  might  get  us   a  number  one,"  I  told  Herb.

"You  and  Andy  can  usually  make  anything  a  number  one  hit  though,"  Herb  said  smiling.

"I  can  say  we've  been  blessed,"  Andy  said  grabbing  my  hand.

"One  of  the  luckiest  couples  Hollywood  has  seen  to  date,"  Herb  said.

Me  and  Andy  just  looked  at  each  other.

"When  are  we  looking  to  record  the  song  and  release  it?"  I  inquired  Herb.

"Well  we  want  you  to  release  a  Christmas  single  soon  first  before  the  duet.  But,  if  we  could  get  you  to  come  in  next  week  to  do  both  songs?"  Herb  questioned.

"That  works  great  for  me.  Darling?"  Andy  asked  me.

"It's  perfect  for  me  too,"  I  responded.

"Ok  great  we  will  get  the  Wrecking  Crew  booked  for the backup band  and  do  you  actually  want  to  produce  this  single  or  do  you  have  someone  in  mind?"  Herb  asked.

I  had  to  think  quick  on  my  feet.  Do  I  have  the  capability  of  producing  my  own  music?

"I  probably  have  no  idea  what  I  am  doing  but  I  think  I'll  try  and  produce  the  singles  this  time,"  I  responded.

"Haha  you  know  what  you  are  doing.  Don't  worry  we  can  always  have  Karen  or  Richard  advise  you  too,"  Herb  told  me  back.

"You  know  a  lot  more  then  you  give  yourself  credit  for,"  Andy  told  me.

"I'm  a  perfectionist  it's  just  in  my  genetics,"  I  told  them  both.

"But  look  at  the  music  you  sing  effortlessly.  You  got  this  (Y/N),"  Herb  encouraged  me.

"Everything  new  is  scary  that's  all  I'll  say,"  I  replied  to  Herb.

"Here  is  to  your  next  chapter  (Y/N)!"  Herb  said.

"We  keep  adding  chapters  to  our  book  huh?"  Andy  said  laughing.

"Yes  we  do,"  I   said  giggling  in  response. 

I  love  this  life,  and  I  could  not  ask  for  more.