Chapter 12 Roller Skate City

*It's  now   later  in  the  fall  of  1978.  (Y/N)  is  merging  more  and  more  into  her  new  world.   (Y/N)  and  the  Carpenters  are   busy  finishing  up  final  touches  on  their  Christmas  album.    They  began  being  busy  promoting  their  non-Christmas  single,  "I  Believe  You."  (Y/N)  and  Andy   now  shared  a  house  in  Malibu.  Andy  was  busy  promoting  his  newest  single  off  of  Shadow  Dancing, "(Our  Love)  Don't  Throw  It  All  Away."  

(Y/N)'s   POV:

We  finished  our  last  string  of  concerts  in  Vegas  at  the  MGM  Grand   a  few  weeks  ago  in  September.  

Andy  was   busy  in  his  own  little  world,  as  I  was  too.  I  still  lived  in  my  own  apartment,  but  me  and  Andy  are  renting  a  house  in  Malibu  so  when  our  schedules  sync,  we  can  spend  time  together.  

I  often  ponder  if  time  is  standing  still   from  the  moment  I  left  2021 or  has  time  moved  on  and  everyone's  forgotten  about  me?  

Part  of  me  also  wants  to  see  if  there  is  a  way  to  get  back  to  my  own  time.  But,  it  seems  I  am  here  on  a  mission.   

Tonight,  me,  Karen,  Richard,  the  boys  from  the  band (and  Andy  and  his  family  too)  had  a  break  from  everything.  We  all  decided  we'd  go  roller  skating.  This  was  a  bad  decision  as  I  have  terrible  balance.  

"Come  on  (Y/N)  move  your  feet  to  the  beat!"  Karen  exclaimed  whizzing  by  me.

I  was  shuffling  like  a  granny  with  a  walker.    Taking  one  step  at  a  time,  I  was  terrifed  of  falling  on  my  butt.

Andy  comes  up  behind  me,  nearly  scaring  me.

"Love,  come  on  take  my  hand  we'll   show  you  how  to  skate  without  falling,"  Andy  said  close  to  my  ear.

I  grabbed  his  hand,  still  terrified.  

"Look  at  the  loveeeeeee  birds,"  Robin  chimed  in,  passing  right  by   us.

"(Y/N)   do  you  need  a  walker?"  Maurice  stopped  by,  smirking.

"Oh, hush  stop  teasing  me!"  I  said  with  a  huff.  

"Yeah  Maurice,  stop  teasing  my  love,"  Andy  said  while  giving  Mo  a  light  shove.  

Maurice  lost  his  balance  and  fell  on  his  butt.  Me  and  Andy  pointed  and  laughed.  

"Instant  karma  Mo!"  Andy  said  laughing. 

Andy  helped  Mo  up,  making  sure  he  wasn't  actually  hurt.  

My  ears  perked  up  when  I  heard  ABBA  come  on  the  music  rotation.

I  started  doing  my  own  thing  while  on  the  roller  rink   floor.

The  song  was  "Dancing  Queen,"  and  ever  since  I  was  10,  I  had  this  dance  I  would  do.

On  the  "you  can  jive"  part,  I  tap  my  hips,  bringing  my  hands  up.  "See  that  girl  part"  I  point.

Little  did   I  know,  EVERYONE  was  watching  me.  

Karen  skates  up  next  to  me,  starts  copying  my  moves.  

Before  long,  everyone  was  doing  my  dance.  

"Hey  love,  you  know  you  could  have  been  in  Saturday  Night  Fever  with  those  moves,"  Andy  says  in  a  whisper.

I  groaned  a  bit,  pretending  to  be  annoyed  by  his  statement. 

He  wrapped  his  arms  around  me  from  behind  holding  me  as  we  stood  by  watching  everyone  else  skate  for  a  moment.

"There's  nothing  in  the  world  I'd  trade  this  for,"  Andy  said  with  a  smile  while  kissing  my  cheek.

I  grabbed  Andy's  hand  and  we  contiuned  skating  the  night  away.    

Authors Note:

How  is  everyone  enjoying  the  book? Let  me  know  in  the  comments  below.  This  chapter  was  one  of  my  favorites  to  write.   Thank  you  for  the  support  on  the  story. Stay  safe!