Chapter 67 Back Home Again

*May 1980*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  enjoy  quiet  time  with  Sam.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

We  are  finally  back  in  our  stomping  grounds  of  California.  It  was  a  nice  break  in  Florida  but  California  is  where  my  heart  will  always  be  at.

I  could  not  wait  to  be  with  Sam.  I  missed  our  puppy  so  much.

We  pulled  up  in  front  of  our  house  and  saw  Karen's  familiar  Jaguar  in  the  drive  way.  

Karen  was  taking  care  of  our  house  while  we  were  gone. 

"Home  sweet  home,"  I  mumbled  as  I  got  out  of  the  taxi.

Andy  paid  the  cab  driver  and  got  out  as  well.

"Yes  home  sweet  home  for  sure  darling,"  Andy  said  as  he  grabbed  his  suitcase.

Karen  opened  the  front  door  and  greeted  us.

"Hey  familia!  How  is  it  going?"  Karen  greeted  me  with  a  hug.

"Good  KC!  How  are  you?"  I  said  leaving  the  hug.

"Sam's  been  a  handful  he's  missed  you  guys  a  lot,"  she  said  helping  bring  my  suitcase  upstairs.

"Where  is  he?"  I  asked  her.

"He's  out back,"  Karen  told  me.

I  went  to  the  backyard  and  Sam  charged  at  me.

"Hi  boy,  who's  a  good  boy?"  I  said  giving  Sam  belly  rubs.

Andy  joined  me  quick  outside  and  Sam  charged  at  him  too.

"Who  missed  me?  Yes  you  did  Sam,"  Andy  said  as  he  gave  him  some  belly  rubs  and  pats.

"His  tail  is  wagging  so  much  oh  my  goodness,"  I  remarked.

"He  missed  us  a  lot  darling  duh,"  Andy  said  smirking.

"Hey  I  made  some  coffee  so  you  guys  don't  get  jetlag  or  anything,"  Karen  shouted  from  the  sliding  door.

"I'm  coming  KC!  I  could  use  some  coffee,"  I  said  getting  up  off  the  grass.

"I'll  be  in  soon  darling.  I'm  just  enjoying  Sam  right  now,"  Andy  told  me.

"Ok  love,"  I  said  heading  in  to  get  a  fresh  cup  of  coffee.

"So  how  was  the  trip?"  Karen  inquired  handing  me  a  cup  of  coffee.

"It  was  good.  The  benefit  dinner  was  kind  of  scary  cause  of  the  playback  I  had  to  have  on  my  oldie  song,"  I  told  her  while  I  sipped  my  coffee. 

"Oh, I  bet.  I  wish  I  could  have  flown  out  with  you  but  now  that  my  album  is  in  production,  I'm  kind  of   stuck  in  town  for  now, "  Karen  responded  laughing.

"I  was  so  scared  something  technical  would  have  gone  wrong  but  luckily  it  didn't,"  I  told  her  as  I  went  and  sat  on  the  couch.

"Well  luck  was  on  your  side  girl,"  Karen  told  me.

"Darling  when  do  you  wanna  do  laundry?"  Andy   asked  from  the  kitchen.

"Later  before  we  nap.  We  can  leave  it  drying  and  fold  it  when  we  wake  up,"  I   told  him  in  response.

I  went  and  grabbed  my  purse  because  I  was  not  going  to  let  Karen  leave  without  being  paid  for  house  watching.

I  got  out  2  $50  bills  and  folded  them  nice  and  neat.

"Here  KC  for  taking  care  of  our  house  and  our  crazy  dog,"   I  said  smiling.

"Oh  no  (Y/N).  You  don't  have  to  do  that,"  Karen  politely  said  refusing.

"Yes  I  do  now  take  it  and  buy  something  pretty  to  wear  or  put  gas  in  your  car,"  I  said  urgently.

"Ok  ok  fine  (Y/N)  I  appreciate  it  so  much  girl.  Thank  you,"  Karen  said  quietly.

"Of  course  KC.  You  do  a  lot  for  me  and  taking  care  of  our  house  I  was  not  gonna  let  you  leave  empty  handed,"  I  said  smiling.

The  phone  rang  and  Andy  went  to  answer  it.

"Darling  it's  for  you,  it's  Herb,"  Andy  told  me.

I  looked  puzzled  at  him  and  went  grabbed  the  phone.

"Hello  Herb,"  I  responded.

"Hey  (Y/N)  we  want  to  release  your  album  before  June  so  it  can  have  a  chance  to  run  on  the  charts  all  summer.  How  does  a  May  24th  release  date  sound?"  Herb  inquired.

"That  would  be  wonderful  Herb.  It  sounds  like  a  solid  plan,"  I  told  him.

"Ok  great  (Y/N)  that's  all  I  need  to  know  take  care  bye,"  Herb  said  aburptly  hanging  up.

I  just  shrugged  my  shoulders  and  put  the  phone  back  on  the  ringer.

"What  did  Herb  want?"  Karen  and  Andy  questioned.

"My  album  is  coming  out  May  24th!  That's  like  3  weeks  away!"  I  said  a  little  nervous.

"That's  exciting  darling!  I'm  so  excited  for  you,"  Andy  said  enveloping  me  in  a  hug.

"I  can't  wait  to  hear  your  album  (Y/N)!  Wow  we  had  our  first  albums  together  released  the  same  year  that's  crazy,"  Karen  exclaimed.

"Thank  you  both.  I  love  you  guys  like  crazy  never  forget  that,"  I  said  drinking  some  coffee.

"I  love  you  most  darling,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  temple.

"I  love  you   lil  sis!"  Karen  said.

Now  my  life  is  turning  upside  down  in  the  new  world.