Chapter 54 They Called it Puppy Love

*March  1980*

(Y/N) and  Andy  go  to  the  pound  to  buy  a  dog.

Andy's  POV:

Me  and  (Y/N)  have  been  thinking  about  getting  a  dog.  We  really  think  it  would  be  a  nice  edition  plus  a  natural  protector  of  the  house  when  we  are  gone.

We  made  plans  today  to  meet  up  at  the  pound  to  see  if  any  dogs  stand  out  to  us.

We  don't  want  a  purebred  dog,  they  seem  to  be  stuck  up  or  arrogant. 

(Y/N)  was  at  the  studio  this  morning  but  we'd  meet  up  at  the  shelter  after  she  was  done.

I  got  the  house  dog  ready  with  the  basic  supplies  of  water  bowl,   food,  making  sure  the  backyard  was  ready, etc. 

I'm  hoping  we  can  get  a  dog  who  is  a  bit   older.  Not  a  senior  dog,  but  a  dog  who  is  2-4  years  old.

I   then  left  and  headed  to  the  pound  to  meet  up  with  (Y/N).

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  is  the  day  me  and  Andy  are  going  to  adopt  a  dog.  We  both  feel  like  its  a  good  idea  for  natural  protection  of  us  and  our  house.  Plus,  gives  us  practice  to  take  care  of  something  other  then  ourselves  and  each  other.  

I   got  ready  to  leave  the  studio   when  Herb  stopped  me.  

"Don't  forget  (Y/N)  we  are  doing  a  A&M  artist  lunch  next   week!  We  would  love  for  you  to  come  and  perform,"  Herb  said.

"I'll  try  and  make  it  Herb  depending  on  my  schedule,"  I  told  him  smiling.  

"I  hope  to  see  you  there," Herb responding  walking  to  Studio  C.

I  smiled  walking  out  of  the  building  to  my  car.  

I  drove  to  the  pound  to  meet  up  with  Andy.

I  pulled  up  and  looked  for  Andy's  car  and  parked  next  to  him.  

We  locked  eyes  and  I  got  out  my  car.  He  did  the  same.

"Hi, darling.  How  did  the  studio  go?"  Andy  asked  greeting  me  with  a  kiss.

"It  went  ok  love.  Herb  wants  me  to  perform  at  the  A&M  artist  lunch  next  week,"  I  said  grabbing  his  hand.

"That  sounds  fun  darling!  You  should  say  yes,"  Andy  said  while  opening  the  door  to  the  pound.

"Maybe  darling.  I'm  trying  to  gain  confidence  in  myself  with  my  performing  skills,"  I  told  him  quietly.

"Well  let's  get  our  puppy   to  get  your  mind  off  of  things,"  Andy  said  while  squeezing  my  hand.  

We  walked  in  a woman  greeted  us.

"Hello  there!  Welcome  in!  If  you  would  like  to  see  any  of  the  dogs,  please  come  get  me.  Browse  for  as  long  as  you'd  like,"  the  lady  told  us.

"Thank  you  so  much,"  me  and  Andy  said  in  unison.

Our  ears  were  then  filled  with  dogs  barking  and  collars  moving.

There  were  so  many  dogs  to  look  at.  There  were  golden  retrievers, pugs,  beagles,  etc.

We  walked  by  and  locked  eyes  with  a  Shepard  Border  Collie  Cross.  I  read  his  information.

"Sam? He's  6  years  old.  Hmmm,"  I  mumbled  to  myself.

"What  are  you  saying  love?"  Andy  asked.

"Oh  nothing  I'm  reading  Sam's  information,"  I  told  him  with  a  smile.

I  started  connecting  some  dots.  Andy  in  the  old  world   in  1984-86  or  so  adopted  a  dog  named  Sam  after  his  breakup  with  Victoria.  He  was  12  years  old  in  the  late  80s.  This  poor  pup  needed  our  rescue  now  and  have  a  full  life. 

"Excuse  me  ma'am?  Can  we  see  Sam?"  Andy  asked  the  lady  politely.

"Yes  of  course  you  can!  What  are  your  names  by  the  way?"  the  lady,  who's  name  tag  read  Connie,  responded.

"Miss.  Connie  my  name  is  Andy  and  this  is  my  fiance  (Y/N),"  he  said  sticking  his  hand  out.

"Nice  to  meet  you  both!  Let's  see  how  Sam  reacts  with   you  folks,"  Connie  told  us. 

We  walked  into  his  kennel  area  and  boy  was  his  tail  wagging   so  fast.

"Oh  you  are  so  cute,"  Andy  said  petting  Sam  and  giving  him  ear  rubs.

"Hi  there  Sam.  Who's  a  good  boy?"  I  told  the  pup  while  he  rolled  over  for  belly  rubs.  

"Do  you  think  he's  the  one  darling?"  Andy  asked  me.

"I  don't  know  love  maybe?"  I  told  him  petting  Sam  some  more.

"He  seems  to  really  like  us,"  Andy  said   giving  me  a  serious  look

"Yes, darling  he  does  seem  to  like  us,"  I  said  agreeing.

"Let's  make  him  our  own,"  Andy  said  motioing  for  Connie  to  come  in.

"Yes  Andy  and  (Y/N)?"  Connie  asked.

"We'd  like  to  start  the  process  on  adopting  Sam,"  I  said.

"Oh  this  is  great!  Let's  get  started,"  Connie  said.

We  headed  to  do  the  paperwork  and  we  brought  Sam  home  with  us  that   same  night.