Chapter 82 An Everlasting Dream

*time skip to February  1981*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  are  working  hard  in  their  careers.  Karen  releases  a  new  album  with  Richard. (Y/N)  and  Karen  go  shopping.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Another  year,  another  dollar.  No  but  seriously  this  is  my  fourth  full  year  here  in the  past.  I'm  surprised  I  haven't  been  sent  back. 

Me  and  Andy  have  been  happily  married  for  4  months  now.  He  is  working  on  new  material  in  the  studio  and  I  am  planning  going  on  tour  as  the  opener  for  Karen  and  Richard.  The  Carpenters  ended  up  still recording  Made  in  America  so  I  didn't  change  that  thank  goodness. 

Today  me  and  Karen  decided  to  go  shopping  for  some  new  clothes  for  the  upcoming  Spring/Summer  tour  for  us.  Andy  will  join  me  from  time  to  time  just  so  we  don't  spend  too  much  time  apart.

"How  does  this  look?"  Karen  asked  me  showing  me  a  beautiful  purple  pant  suit.

"You'd  kill  that  outfit  KC.  I'd  defintely  get  it.  You  can  wear  short  sleeves  underneath  if  you  get  too  hot  during  a  show,"  I  suggested.

"Oooh  these  purple  heels  will  go  nicely  too," Karen  wandered  off  to  the  shoe  section  of  the  store.

I  continued  browsing  through  the  dresses  and  pant  suits  to  see  if  I  saw  anything  I  liked.

I  found  a  few  floral  dresses  that  just  screamed  my  name.  Of  course  I  took  the  opportunity  and  went  for  it.

I  found  some  wedge  heels  that  went  nicely  with  the  dresses. 

"(Y/N)!  Did  you  find  anything?"  Karen  shouted  across  the  aisle.

"Yes  I  did.  You  should  come  see,"  I  told  her  excitedly.

"Oooh  I  like  the  pink  dress  one  a  lot.  Pink  is  defs  your  color,"  Karen  responded.

"Thanks  girl.  What  did  you  find?"  I  asked  her.

"I  found  a  pant  suit  in  the  same  style  but  a  blue-green  shade  look,"  Karen  showed  me.

"I  think  white  heels  would  like  nice  with  that,"  I  suggested  to  her.

"Yeah  that  would  be  nice,"  Karen  said  heading  to  the  checkout.

I  soon  followed  behind.  I  didn 't  need  too  many  pieces  for  my  wardrobe  for  the  tour.

We  checked  out  and  headed  to  our  cars.

"It's  been  too  long  since  we've  just  had  a  day  out  shopping,"  Karen  told  me.

"I  know  girl  between  the  wedding  and  recording,  plus  now  tour  planning, it's been  hectic!"  I  replied.

"Well  we  will  be  together  for  like  3  months  straight  soon  so  that'll  make  up  for  lost  time,"  Karen  said  laughing.

"You  are  too  much  sometimes  KC.  I  am  so  glad  we  became  friends,"  I  told  her.

"Me  too  (Y/N).  You've  given  me  so  much  courage  and  friendship  I  never  knew  could  exist,"  Karen  responded  to me.

"Aw KC  don't  make  me  cry!"  I  told  her.

"I  hate  leaving  you  girl  but  we  have  some  last  minute  stuff  for  the  Made  in  America  album,"  Karen  told  me  as  she  hugged  me  for  dear  life.

"This  isn't  goodbye forever  I'll  see  you  at  rehearsals  tomorrow  anyways,"  I  told  her  to  reassure  her.

"Yes  of  course  duh,"  Karen  told  me  in  response.

"See  you  tomorrow  KC,"  I  told  her  as  I  walked  to  my  car.

"See  you  tomorrow  girl,"  Karen  told  me  back.

I  got  into  my  car  and  headed  home.  I  hoped  Andy  would  be  home  from  work  by  now.

I  pulled  into  the  driveway  and  saw  his  car  parked.  I  was  happy.

"Hellooooooooo,"  I  said  with  a  fake  accent.

"Oh  so  you  are  imitating  me  now  darling?  Very  flattering,"  Andy  said  coming  down  the  stairs.

"I  just  miss  my  darling  husband  that's  all,"  I  said  sticking  my  tongue  at  him

"Stop  sticking  that  tongue  out  so  I  can  properly  greet  you,"  Andy  said  boldly.

"Oh?  Like  how?"  I  teased  him.

"Like  this,"  Andy  said  dipping  me  and  kissing  me.

He  brought  me  back  up  after  a  few  seconds.

"Ok  woah  love  sweeping  me  off  my  feet,"  I  told  him.

"Yep  darling  I  will  always  do  that,"  he  said  in  response.

"You  have  a  way  with  those  words,  or  lips,"  I  said  heading  up  the  stairs.

"You  are  gonna  pay   one  day  darling  just  know  that,"  Andy   said.

"Nope  never!"  I   said  shutting  the  bedroom  door.

I  went  and  put  all  the  new  clothes  up  and  just  enjoyed  the  rest  of  the  day  with  my  loving  Andy.