Chapter 115 Gardening

*April  1982*

(Y/N)  and Andy  work  on  their  garden.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

We  decided  this  year,  me  and  Andy  wanted  to  start  a  garden.  We  went  to  the  local  plant  nursey  and  picked  up  of  lots  of  variety  of  plants.  Andy  really  wanted  to  grow  some  tomatos  and  I  wanted  to  find  lots  of  pretty  flowers  for  the   front  and  backyard.

Since  today  was  a  cooler  afternoon,  me  and  Andy  got  into  some  old  clothes  and  decided  to  start  digging  and  getting  the  soil  ready.

I  was  wearing  overalls,  which  Andy,  found  much  comentary  about  them.

"Farmer  Gibb  and  his  wife  out  on  the  ole  farm  with  their  dog  Sam,"  Andy  said  laughing.

"Just  because  I'm  wearing  overalls  Andycakes  doesn't  mean  I'm  a  certified  farmer,"  I  said  rolling  my  eyes.

"Don't  call  me  Andycakes  haha,"  Andy  said  pretending  to  be  insulted. 

"I  can  do  what  I  want,  boom  facts,"  I  said  smirking.

"Uh  huh,"  Andy  said  digging  with  his  shovel.

"You  know  you  love  meeeeeee,"  I  said  dragging  out  the  e  sound.

"Yes  I  doooooooooo,"  Andy  said  copying  me,  dragging  out  the  o  sound.

It  was  silent  for  a  while  as  we  dug  and  prepped  the  soil.

I  turned  around  and   saw  Sam  munching  away  on  one  of  the  flower  plants.

"Noooo  Sam!"  I  screeched.

"What  did  he  do?"  Andy  said  getting  up  off  the  ground.

"Look!"  I  pointed  at  Sam.

"No  bad  boy  Sam  you  shouldn't  have  done  that,"  Andy  said  groaning.

"Well  he  must  of  been  hungry,"  I  said  laughing  as  I  started  putting  some  of  the  flowers  into  the  flower bed.

"He  has  hungry  eyes,"  Andy  started  singing  while   he  wiped  his  forehead  of  sweat.

"Haha  very  funny,"  I  said  getting  up  to  grab  my  bottle  of  water.

"We  should  get  the  pool  ready  this  weekend  darling,"  Andy  wondered  outloud.

"That's  a  good  idea.  This  LA  heat  is  starting  to  get  to  me,"  I  told  him.

"Let's  go  inside  to  take  a  break  darling.  We  don't  need  a  heat  stroke,"  Andy  said  grabbing  my  arm.

"Now  Sam  stay  out  here  but  please  behave  yourself,"  Andy  said  shutting  the  glassdoor.

I  headed  to  the  kitchen  and  grabbed  a  damp  paper  towel  for  my  forehead.

I  stood  in  front  of  the  AC  vent  and  let  me  body  cool  down. 

Andy  did  the  same  from  behind  me.

"Maybe  we  should  finish  the  gardening   in  the  morning,"  Andy  suggested. 

"I  think  so  too  love.  The  weather  is  too  hot  now  plus  I  think  there  could  be  a  storm  brewing,"  I  pointed  out  the  window  to  dark,  fluffy  clouds.

"Let's  clean  up  our  tools  till  tomorrow,"  he  told  me  in  response.

"Ok  love,"  I  said  following  him  outside.

Sam  was  in  the  shade,  munching  on  a  bone.

"Finally  behaving  yourself  aren't  you?"  I  asked  Sam.

"Don't  you  wish   dogs  could  talk?"  Andy  asked  as  we  went  into  the  shed.

"That  would  be  so  cool.  I  wonder  if  he'd  talk  like  Brian  Griffin  from  Family  Guy,"  I  wandered  outloud.

"Who?"  Andy  asked  confused.

Oh  no.  I  forgot  that  Family  Guy  wasn't  a  show  for  another  17  years.

"It  was  a  cartoon  I  saw  the  other  day  but   I'm  not  sure  if  it's  even  still  on  the  air,"  I  nervously  said.

"Oh  haha ok  darling  you  had  me  lost  there  for  a  moment,"  Andy  replied  with  a  smile. 

Every  now  and  then  I  freak  out  because  I  still  accidentally  bring  up  stuff  from  the  future.  I  don't  know  if  it's  bad  or  good.

"We  have  extra  soil  in  here  darling  for  the  front  yard  too,"  Andy  said  rearranging  the  tools.

"Nice  love,"  I  said  yawning.

"Aw   are  you  tired, darling?"  Andy  asked  rubbing  my  shoulders.

"Let's  go  take  a  nap  love,"  I  said  heading  to  the  backdoor.

"Sounds  good  to  me  darling,"  Andy  said  locking  the  shed,  following  behind  me.

We  brought  Sam  in  and  we  settled on  the  couch  for  an  afternoon  nap.