Chapter 147 Holly Jolly

*December  23rd,  1982* 

(Y/N)  and  Andy  go  for  a  walk  in  the  woods  where  their  cabin  is.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

I  finished  baking  some  cookies  and  decided  that  I  wanted  to  take  a  nature  walk.  It  has  been  forever  since  I've  been  able  to  enjoy  the  outdoors  and  this  area  is  perfect.

It  was  cold  and  snowy  so  me  and  Andy  dressed  in  layers  and  our  snow  boots.

"Don't  forget  your  scarf!"  I  told  Andy.

"I  won't  darling  now  lets  go,"  Andy  said  opening  the  door  and  grabbing  the  keys.

We  headed  off  the  porch  and  walked  towards  our  right  where  the  hiking  trail  is  to  a  few  others  cabins  and  the  lake.

It  was  a  beautiful  site  and  feeling  being  with  nature. 

We  swung  to  the  left  part  of  the  trail  and  found  some  big  sticks  that  we  could  use  to  help  us  walk  on  the  snowy  paths. 

"I  wish  we  could  have  brought  Sam  with  us,"  I  told  Andy  as  we  walked.

"It  would  have  been  nice  darling,"  Andy  replied  grabbing  my  hand.

We  stopped  for  a  moment  to  catch  our  breath  as  we  were  going  uphill.

"The  snow  looks  like  it's  getting  heavier  we  should  probably  head  back,"   I  told  Andy.

"Yes  good  idea  darling,"  Andy  said  as  we  turned  back.

The  air  temperature  dropped  significantly   and  it  was  getting  colder  with  each  step.

By  the  time  we got  back  to  the  cabin,  the  porch  already  had  at  least  3  inches  of  snow  on  it.

We  brushed  our  boots  off  and  headed  inside.  

Andy  went  back  out  on  the  porch  to  grab  some  firewood  so  we  could  warm  up.

While  he  got  the  fire  started,   I  went  and  got  some  hot  coco  ready.

"It  looks  like  we  may  get  snowed  in,"  Andy  said  as  he  was  listening  to  the  radio.

"As  long  as  it's  melted  enough  by  the  29th,  we  will  be  fine,"   I  said  pouring  us  cups  of  coco.

"They  said  this  system  will  move  out  by  Christmas  Day,"  Andy  replied  as  I  handed  him  his  cup  of  hot  coco.

"I  hope  so  we  need  some  good  weather  to  get  home  to,"  I   said  sitting  by  the  fire.

"I  wonder  if  the  snow  will  mess  up  our  TV  signal,"  Andy  said  messing  with  the  TV  antenna.

"Well  it  looks  like  you  got  a  local  news  station,"   I  told  him  as  I  grabbed  a  blanket.

"That's  good  we  can  see  a  weather  report,"  Andy  said  adjusting  the  antenna's  a  bit  more.

"There  stop!  It's  coming  in  clear,"  I  shouted.

"I'm  going  to  turn  the  audio  down  for  now  though,"  Andy  said  turning  the  volume  down.

Andy  came  and  sat  by  me  and  we  cuddled  by  the  fire.

"This  is  a dream  Christmas  vacation  love,"  I  said  while  sipping  some  coco.

"It's  you  and  me  against  the  world,"  Andy  said  smiling.

"I'm  so  glad  we  agreed  to  come  up  here  for  Christmas,"  I  replied.

"Me  too  darling.  Maybe  it  can  be  a  new  tradition  for  a  vacation,"  Andy  said.

"We  should  come  up  here  in  the  summer  or  fall  too,"  I  told  him  as  I  stifled  a  yawn.

"That  would  be  lots  of  fun,"  Andy  said  closing  his  eyes.

We  enjoyed  our  coco  and  took  a  nap  by  the  fire.