Chapter 126 Sprains and Gains

*July  1982*

Andy  sprains  his  ankle  while  (Y/N)'s  at  work.  

(Y/N)'s  POV:

My  final  studio  album  will  be  out  in  November  of  this  year.  Today   I  was  busy  again  at  the  studio.  Herb  wants  me  to  release  Sunflower  as  the  opening  single  to  the  album. 

The  video  came  out  pretty  cool.  They  ended  up  changing  the  color  of  my  dress  when  they  edited  it  to  a  lilac  purple.  I  don't  know  why  they  didn't  have  me  wear  that  color  in  the  first  place.

Karen  is  one  of  the  co-producers  on  my  album  as  her  and  Richard  are  doing  side  projects  before  doing  another  Carpenters  album.  

"Ok  (Y/N)  Herb  wanted  your  opinion  for  a  single  cover,"  Karen  said  coming  out  of  Herb's  office  with  two  posters.

One  of  them  was  a  still  of  me  from  the  music  video  with   beautiful  caligraphy   lettering.  The  other  one  was  a  promotional  photo  headshot  I  took  about  the  time  I  went  on  tour  and  they  added  fancy  lettering  and  a  ton  of  makeup  to  me.

"I  like  the  first  one  KC,"  I  told  her  smiling.

"I  do  too.  You  look  like  a  summer  princess,"  Karen  said  smiling.

"Aw  KC.  You  are  so  sweet,"  I  said  giving  her  a  smile.

One  thing  Karen  was  is  she  always  made  sure  everyone's  happiness  came  before  hers.  But,  I  hope  I  changed  the  destination  she  landed  on  in  the  past.

"Also  (Y/N),  we  have  to  record  some  harmony  vocals  for  a  few  more  songs  then  your  album  will  go-to  mixing  and  finalization,"  Karen  said  as  she  read  off  the  paper. 

"Awesome  KC.  Anything  else  I  need  to  be  aware  of?"  I  asked  Karen  sipping  some  water.

"No  I  think  we  are  good  for  today's  recording  session,"  Karen  replied.

"Ok  I'mma  head  out  then  KC.  Thank  you  for  a  great  day!"  I  told  Karen  as  I  hugged  her.

"Same  to  you  girl!  See  you  tomorrow,"  Karen  said  as  I  headed  out  the  door.

I  headed  to  my  car  and  headed  home.

I  got  home  quickly  as  traffic  on  Wednesdays  isn't  that  busy.

When  I  pulled  into  the  driveway,  I  saw  Andy  was  home.  

I  headed  inside  with  my  stuff  and  Sam  greeted  me  at  the  front  door  instead  of  Andy.

"Andy?"  I  called  throughout  the  house. 

I  got  no  response.

My  heart  started  pounding  as  I  started  thinking  the  worse.  I  went  upstairs,  didn't  find  him.

I  went  into  the  living  room  and  den:  still  no  Andy.

Sam  kept  following  me  till  we  got  to  the  kitchen.

I  saw  the  glassdoor  cracked  open  wide  enough  for  Sam  and  for  Andy  to  have  gotten  through.

I  went  and  looked  out  the  door  and  I  saw  Andy  sitting  by  the  pool,  looking  like  he  was  defeated.

"Love?"  I  called  out  to  Andy.

"Darling  I-I  think  I  sprained  my  ankle,"  Andy  said  in  pain.

"How  love?"  I  said  kneeling  to  feel  his  ankle.

Andy  yelped  in  pain.

"Let  me  help  you  up  so  we  can  take  you  inside,"  I  said  standing  up  and  reaching  out  my  hands.

I  was  able  to  pull  him  up  and  Andy  hopped  on  one  foot  to  get  back  inside.

"I  was  trying  to  clean  the  pool  and  I  stepped  wrong,"  Andy  said  in  discomfort. 

"Well  we  will  fix  you  love,"  I  said  helping  him  to  the  couch.

I  got  a  throw pillow  and  put  it  on  the  coffee  table  and  helped  lift  Andy's  ankle  and  foot  to  rest.

I  went  and  got  some  Tylenol  and  water  so  some  pain  and  minor  swelling  would  go  away.

"Thank  you  darling,"  Andy  said  grabbing  the  meds.

"Of  course  love.  Do  you  want  to  go  to  the  doctors  or  we  can  put  the  ankle  brace  I  used  a  few  years  back  on  your  ankle?"  I  asked  him.

"That's  fine  for  now  darling,  but  just  stay  with  me  for  now,"  Andy  said  smiling.

"Ok  love,"  I  said  sitting  down  on  the  couch  with  Andy.

I  am  a  wife,  musician,  best  friend  and  now  a  nurse.