Chapter 52 A Song For You

*February  1980*

Andy  and  (Y/N)  go  shopping  for  wedding  bands. 

Andy's  POV:

Today  we  are  going  shopping  for  our  wedding  bands.  We  are  looking  for  silver  plated  ones  and  hoping   we  can  get  them.  (Y/N)  and  I  still  need  to  get  the  dress  and  tuxedos  (and  bridesmaid  dresses  but  Karen  is  the  only  one  she's  chosen  for  a  role  in  the  wedding so far).

Then,  after  we  are  done  shopping,  I  planned  a  surprise  hot  air  balloon  ride  for  us.  Just  to  take  our  minds  off  of  things.

We  pulled  up  to  a  local  jewelry  shop  and  headed  inside.

"Hello  Mr.  and  Mrs.  Gibb,"  the  jeweler  greeted  us.

"Hi  there!"  me  and  (Y/N)  said  in  unison.

"So  what  type  of  rings  are  we  looking  for?"  he  asked  taking  us  to  their  wedding  selection.

"Well  I  want   a  more  traditional  style.  Nothing  too  flashy,"  (Y/N)  said  pointing  to  some  rings  in  the  case.

"Same  here  sir.  We  want  traditional  style,"  I  told  the  jeweler.

"We  have  this  wedding  band  set  here.  It's  silver  plated,  a  smaller  diamond  for  the  young  lady.  For  you  sir,  this  is  a  silver  band  with  nothing  added  to  make  it  flashy. What  price  were  you  looking  for?"  the  jeweler  pulled  it  out  of  the  case.

"Nothing  too  expensive.  No  more than $200  if  possible,"  (Y/N)  suggested.

"Yes  sir.  We  want  sentimental  meaning  behind  our  rings,  not  money,"  I  told  him  nicely.

"This  set  of  wedding  bands  is  exactly  $199.00.  You  can  also  get  insurance  put  on  the  rings  in  case  of  accidents,  etc,"  the  jeweler  told  me.

"Andy?  I  think  these  are  perfect,"  (Y/N)  told  me.

"Darling  they  truly  are.  Sir,  we  will  take  them,"  I  told  him  pulling  out  my  wallet.

"Alright  let's  get  you  guys  sized  and  then  we  will  order  them,"  the  jeweler  told  us  taking  us  to  another  place  at  the  counter.

He  sized  mine  and  (Y/N)'s  fingers  and  we  got  done  pretty  quick.

"We  will  call  you  in  a   few  days  that  they  are  in.  Congratulations  on  the  wedding!"  the  jeweler  told  us  before  we  left.

"That  went  easier than I  thought,"  (Y/N)  said  while  I  opened the  car  door  for  her.

"Yeah  it  went  way  smoother  then  I  thought  too  darling,"  I  said  while  getting  into  the  car  myself.

"Things  are  getting  so  real  love,"  she  said  grabbing  my  hand.

"To  our  forever,  an  everlasting  love,"  I  told  her  as  I  kissed  her  hand.

"A  forever  I  would  not  change  anything  for,"  she  said  smiling  at  me.

"Darling,  I  forgot  to  tell  you  the  shade  of  blue  in  your  hair  looks  even  pretty  now  that  it's  been  washed  a  few  times,"  I  said  while  focusing  on  the  road.

"I  honestly  think  I  should  touch  it  up.  Whatcha  think?"  she  said  looking  at  me.

"It's  your  hair  darling.  It's  your  decision,"  I  said  squeezing  her  hand.

"Where  are  we  driving  to  love?  You passed  the  turn off  to  our  house,"  she  said  confused.

"I'm   taking  you  to  a  surprise.  Feel  under  the  seat  for a  camera," I  told  her  with  a  smile. 

"Why  would  I  need   a  camera?"  she  asked  puzzled.

"We  are  going  on  a  hot  air  balloon  ride  darling.  It's  something  we've  both  wanted  to  do,"  I  told  her  smiling.

"Always  got  them  surprises  for  me  huh,"  she  said kissing  my  cheek  as  we  pulled  out  to  the  Napa  Valley  turn  off.

"We  also  are  gonna  do  some  wine  tasting  too,"  I  told  her  as  I  turned  off  to  the  orchard.

"Oooh  this  is  going  to  be  fun  love.  You  always  have  to  be  the  knight  in  shining  armor,"  she  said  while  taking  a  picture  of  me.

"Anything  for  my  darling,"  I  said  kissing  her  hand  again.

We  pull  into  the  orchard  where  the  balloon  pilot  and  crew  is  already  setting  up  the  balloon.  The  weather  was  perfect  for  February  flying.

"We  will  do  the  wine  tasting  after   we  land,"  I  told  her  as  I  opened  her  car door.

"This  is  so  exciting.  I've  always  wanted  to  do  a  balloon  ride,"  she  said  gazing  at  the  orchard  ahead  of  us.

"Hello  Andy  and  (Y/N).  It's  nice  to  finally  meet  you,"  Jonathan  the  pilot  greeted  us.

"It's  so  nice  to  meet  you  too,"  I  said  sticking  my  hand  out.  (Y/N)  stook  her  hand  out  as  well.

"We  will  be  ready  for  take-off  in  about  30  minutes," Jonathan  said.

"Sounds  wonderful,"  (Y/N)  said  in  response.

"Thank  you  Jonathan,"  I  told  him.

He  walked  away  and  went  back  to  the  balloon.

"This  is  going  to  be  so  exciting,"  (Y/N)  kept  mumbling.

"Seeing  you  happy  makes  me  so  happy  love,"  I  said  kissing  her.

"We  should  take   a picture  together  real  quick,"  she  motioned.

I  stood  behind  her  as  she  had  the  camera  facing  us  and  she  snapped  the  pic.

"I  don't  wanna  ever  forget  this  day,"  she  said  kissing  my   face  as  she  took  the  pic. 

Today  is  a  dream  I'll  never  want   to  end.