Chapter 176 What Do I Have to Do?

*early September 1983*

(Y/N)'s POV: 

It's been a weird few weeks. Andy was whisked away to the UK for some promotional stuff with his record company. We weren't exactly happy cause we'd missed each other too much. I couldn't go with him because I had to finish up my new music releases and I had some magazine interviews/TV appearances as well.

Andy promised every evening he would call, despite the time difference. Today, I had to go to A&M studios and do some interviews for TV and magazine articles.

They asked questions like, "when are you guys going to have kids?" or like "is your marriage on the rocks?"

I hated when the interviewers got too personal like that. Yes, we are in the public eye. However, so many people do not realize the boundaries they cross. We are only human and it's sad because so many celebrities end up going crazy because of these boundaries people cross. I try and keep a low public profile and so does Andy.

I took a few photos as well. This was for Teen Beat and 16 magazines. It's funny how I became a poster pin-up for teenagers in this era. Who knew people would want to look at my face?

After all this commotion at the studio, I headed home to eat dinner and relax for the evening.

Sam was waiting for me at the gate when I came home. I went in through the backyard since I had the gate key handy.

I put my stuff in the living room and checked the mail and saw a bouquet of flowers on the porch.

I grabbed the card.

It read "I hope these brighten your day darling. I'll be home in 2 days. Love yours truly, Andy."

"Awwwwww," I said as I read the card to myself.

Just about this time, the phone rang.

I glanced at my watch and it was the time Andy would call.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hi darling," Andy's sweet voice came over the phone.

"Hi my love! How are you?" I asked Andy.

"I'm good darling just tired. It's a little after 11 here now," Andy told me yawning.

"I hate the time zone difference. It's only 3 here but I had an eventful day haha," I told Andy in response.

"Oh, that's right you had your interviews and stuff at the studio today, right?" Andy asked me.

"Yes, and boy sometimes you just want to punch people in the face with the ridiculous questions they ask," I said laughing.

"Darling that wouldn't have been good if you did punch them," Andy replied laughing again.

"It would have been front cover headlines haha," I said as I drank some water.

"So how's Sam? Are you doing ok too darling?" Andy asked.

"Sam's fine and yes I forgot the flowers were absolutely beautiful you sent," I told Andy with a smile in my voice.

"So they did arrive on time. I wasn't sure how it was going to end up because it was a last-minute thing this morning and I couldn't remember what day and time I told them," Andy replied with a smile in his voice too.

"It was a nice surprise cause of how crazy today was. I know you are probably sleepy, so I'll let you go love. I can't wait to see you in 2 days," I told Andy.

"I miss you and love you so much darling," Andy said into the phone.

"Sleep well and have a good night love," I told him.

"Have a good evening and sleep well too darling. I'll talk to you tomorrow," Andy said.

"Love you," I told him.

"Love you most," Andy replied.

"Bye," I told him.

"Bye darling," Andy said.

You could tell we did not want to hang up. But obligations make it harder not to.

After I got off the phone with Andy, I ordered a pizza for dinner and chilled out in front of the TV watching reruns of shows. Andy would be home in 2 days, and I could not wait for those days to be done and gone. Separation anxiety is real.