Chapter 99 Somewhere Over The Rainbow

*November  1981*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  stay  in  during  a  thunderstorm. 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Another  November  is  upon  us.   The  new  year  will  be  here  in  a  blink  of  an  eye.  Today,  I  had  a  phone  call  with  Herb  about  going  to  the  studio  to  record  some  new  singles.  The  doctors  wanted  me  to  be  a  bit  cautious   because  of  my  vocal  strain.

Herb  wanted  me  to  find  or  write  three  songs  I'd  be  interested  in  to  record.

I  went  through  some  of  my  notebooks  and  saw  two  songs  I  wrote  around  the  wedding. 

The  first  song  I  want  to  show  Herb  is  "White  Lace."  It's  a  song  from  a  female's  perspective  of  how  fast  time  went  in  her  life  and  white  lace  is  a  temporary  title.

The  next  one  was  a  song  I  wrote  when  we  were  in  Hawaii.  It's  a  song  about  the  adventures  me  and  Andy  went  on.  I  even  wrote  a  line  about  how  me  and  Andy  got  lost  on  the  beach  at  dark.

The  last  song  I  wanted  to  record  was  "Yesterday  Once  More"  that  the  Carpenters  did  almost  10  years  ago.  Recently,  it's  been  feeling  like  nostalgia  is  in  the  air.  My  "new"  life  is  going  so  fast  and  it  seems  like  it  might  be  gone  in  the  blink  of  an  eye.

I  headed  to  A&M  Records  real  quick  to  drop  off  the  songs  so  Herb  and  Richard  could  take  a  look  and  see  what  they  could  come  up  with. 

As  I  was  driving,  dark  clouds  were  rolling  in  from  the  west.  I  did  not  like  driving  in  rain  so  I  tried  to  be  fast.

I  parked  in  my  usual  spot  and  as  soon  as  I  got  out,  I  heard  a  loud  clap  of  thunder.

I  rolled  my  eyes  and  headed  inside.

Herb  and  Richard  were  standing  in  the  hall  outside  of  Herb's  office.

"There's  our  favorite,"  Herb  said  with  a  smile.

"Hey  here  are  the  songs  you  wanted.  I  brought  two  songs  I  wrote  and  I  also  wanted  to  see  if  Rich  and  Karen   would  let  me  record  "Yesterday  Once  More,"  I  told  Herb.

"Oh  that'd  be  fine  (Y/N)  if  you  want.  Go  ahead  and  double  check  with  Karen,"  Richard  told  me.

"Ok  great  thanks  Richard!"  I  said.

"These  two  songs  you  wrote  seem  to  have  potential.  Richard,  can  you  come  up  with  some  arrangments  and  get  back  to  me?"  Herb  asked  Richard.

"Sure  Herb,"  Richard  said  grabbing  the  papers  from  Herb.

"If  we  get  the  arrangement  you  want,  you  can  record  all  three  for  new  singles  and  we  can  see  about  starting  a  second  album?"  Herb  asked.

"Sure  that  sound's  great  Herb,"  I  said  smiling.

I  also  looked  at  my  watch  because  I  knew  that  storm  was  close  and  I  didn't  want  to  be  caught  in  it.

"Oh  shoot  I  forgot,  I  have  a  phone  interview  in  20 minutes I  need  to  get  home!"  I  said  rushed.

"Bye   (Y/N).  I'll  keep  you  updated,"  Herb  said  as  I  shut  the  A&M  door.

I  ran  to  my  car  and  looked  at  the  sky.

The  sky  was  becoming  overcast  but  the  sun  still   peeked  out  behind  a  cloud.

I  got  back  onto  the  freeway  and  headed  home.  I  had  left  Andy  with  Sam  as  he  was  brushing  and  washing  him.

Just  as  I  turned  onto  our  street,  a  big  flash  of  lightning  lit  up  the  sky.  I  was  so  thankful  I   made  it  home   just  in  time.  

I  pulled  into  the  driveway  and  rushed  inside.  Rain  begin  hitting  my  face.

I  slumped  against  the  front  door  once  inside  with  a  bit  of  a  "whoosh."

I  was  so  grateful  I  missed  the  storm.

"There's  my  wife,"  Andy  said  while  Sam  followed  behind.

"Hi  love,"  I  said  greeting  him  with  a  kiss.

"The  weather  is  getting  nasty  darling.  Glad  you  made  it  home  safe,"  Andy  said.

"Me  too.  I  saw  the  dark  clouds  rolling  in  when  I  left  and  I  was  like  not  today,"  I  said  laughing

"Well  your  home  safe  darling  and  that's  all  that  matters,"  Andy  said  heading  to  the   kitchen.

Just  about  this  time,  a  crack  of  thunder  and  flash  of  lifghtning  happened.  Everything  went  dark.

"Darling  you  ok?"  Andy  spoke  from  the  kitchen.

"I'm  fine  love.  I'm  just  looking  for  a  flashlight  and  candles  now,"  I  told  him  from  the  hall  closet.

It  was  only  4:50pm  but  because  of  time  change  it  was  dark  already.

"Did  you  find  some?"  Andy  said  scaring  me  from  behind.

"Yes  but  can  you  find  my  heart?  You  scared  the  daylights  out  of  me,"  I  said  handing  him  a  flashlight.

"I'm  sorry  darling,"  Andy  said  laughing.

"It's  fine  haha,"  I  said  looking  for  lighter.

I  got  the  candles  lit  while  Andy  changed  the  batteries  in  the  flashlights. 

"Hopefully  it  won't  last  long  darling,"  Andy  told  me.

"I  hope  not.  I  had  some  work  to  do,"  I  said in  response.

"Well  just  relax  darling.  There  is  always  tomorrow,"  Andy  said.

I  closed  my  eyes  while  Sam  cuddled  up  against  me.  I  felt  Andy  put  a  blanket  on  me  and  felt  him  move  Sam  so  Andy  could  be  closer  to  me.