Chapter 132 Paper Roses

*September  1982*

Andy  surprises  (Y/N)  with  a  dozen  hand  made  paper  roses.

Andy's  POV:

I  am  the  quite  romantic  man.  With  (Y/N)'s  new  release  of  Sunflower,  I  wanted  to  show  her  how  proud  I  am  of  her  by  doing  something  to  surprise  her.

I  saw  in  a  magazine  article  a  how-to  to  make  paper  roses  and  I  want  to  do  that  for  (Y/N).  I  want  to  write  on  the  petals  things  about  her  that  make  me  happy  and  how  proud  I  am  of  her  career.

I  went  to  Michael's  Craft  Store  to  get  the  items  I  would  need.   I  got  different  colored  construction  paper,  some  glue,  green  paint  to  paint  over  the  wooden  skewers  and  some  nice  gel  pens  to  write  fancy.

I  got  home  and  had  the  magazine  in  front  of  me  to  follow  the  steps.  I  got  all  my  paper  cut  and  shaped  and  started  following  the  directions.  (Y/N)  was  out  with  Karen  so  I  knew  I  had  plenty  of  time  if  I  messed  up.  

I  made  blue,  red,  pink  and  yellow  roses.  I  wrote  things  such  as  "I  love  you  to  the  moon  and  back,"  "you  make  me  happy,"  etc.

The  paper  roses  weren't  the  best,  but  they  aren't  the  worst  either.    Some  of  them  were  bigger than others.

I  got  a  vase  and  created  a  cute  little  tag  to  attach  to  the  vase.  I  wrote:

"My  darling,

I'm  not  the  most  crafty  person  but  here  is  a  dozen  roses  that  will  never  die  like  our  love.  I  love  you  so  much.

Love,

Andy."

I  got  them  set  up  in  our  bedroom  by  our  bed  so  she'd  be  surprised  when  she  got  home.

I  went  ahead  and  ate  some  lunch  and  let  Sam  out  to  play  in  the  backyard.  I  was  getting  anxious  waiting  for  (Y/N)  to  get  home.

I  sat  in  the  living  room  for  a  while,  waiting  for  her  to  come  home.  I  turned  the  TV  on  and  watched  Tattletales  for  a  few  before  I  eventually  dosed  off.

The  next  thing  I  remember  is   waking  up  to  (Y/N)'s   voice.  

"Love?"  (Y/N)  said  whispering  in  my  ear.

"Huh, what?"  I  woke  up  startled.

"I  didn't  mean  to  scare  you  love,"  she  said  whispering.

"It's  ok  darling,"  I  said  getting  up  and  stretching.

"How  was  your  day?"  she  asked  me.

"It  was  good  darling,  how  much  did  you  shop?"  I  asked  her.

"Not  much  haha,"  she  responded.

"Ok  darling  haha,"  I  responded  standing  up.

"I'm  going  to  go  put  my  stuff  up  love,"  she  said  wandering  upstairs.

"Ok  darling  I'll  be  here,"  I  responded.

Hopefully,  she'd   see  the  surprise  sooner  then  later.

I  went  to  the  bottom  of  the  stairs,  waiting  for  her  reaction.

"LOVE!"  she  screeched  after  a  few  mintues.

I  went  up  the  stairs   and  found  her  smiling  from  ear  to  ear.

"Surprise!"  I  told  her  wrapping  my  arms  around  her  and  kissing  her  temple.

"You  are  something  else,"  she  told  me  as  she  kissed  me.

"I  just  like  showing  you  how  much  I  love  you,"  I  responded.

"You  Andy,  I  have  no  words  except  I  love  you,"  she  replied.

"I  love  you  more,"  I  replied  kissing  her  temple.

"I  want  to  put   these  somewhere  they  wont  get  ruined,"  she  replied.

I  love  giving  surprises  to  my  love.