Chapter 10 Vegas Baby!

* August  1978*

(Y/N)  and  the  Carpenters  are  in  Vegas  for  two  weeks  for  shows.  

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  is  our  second  show.  We  do  one  in  the  afternoon  at  3pm  and  a  second  show  at  9pm.   I  feel  nervous  every  time  we  get  on  stage.  I  take  lead  on  5  of  the  songs  so  Karen  and  Cubby  can  play  the  drums.  I  feel  like  Karen   has  grown  and  become  so  happy.

After  our  first  show,  I  headed  back  to  the  dressing  room  to  relax  and  freshen  up.  

I  was  surprised  when  I  opened  my  door  to  see  a  big  bouquet  of  pink  roses. 

"To  my  love,   good  luck  on  your  shows.  I  will  see  you  soon.  Take  care  and  talk  to  you  later.  Love,  Andy,"  the  note  attached  read.  

"Awwwwwwwwwww,"  I  said  out loud.  I  went  to  the  phone   and  called  Andy's  house  first  to  see  if  he  was  home.  

After  a  few  rings,   I  heard   the  phone  being  picked  up.

"Hello?"  a  familiar  Aussie  voice  answered.

"It's  me,  (Y/N),  how  are  you  love?"  I  replied.

"Oh  hi  (Y/N),  it's  actually  Barry.  Let  me   get  your  man  on  the  phone,"  Barry  said   with  a  laugh.  

Imagine  if  I  had said  something  embarrassing.  It  wasn't  long  before  I  heard  my   Andy's  voice.  

"Ello  love!  How  are  you?  I  miss  you   so  much   already.  Are  you  sleeping well?"  Andy  asked  quite  fast  and  jumbled.

"Woah  darling  slow  down.  It's  only  been  2  days  love.  I'm  fine  and  I  miss  you  more,"  I  said  softly.

"I  know  darling  but  it  seems  like  forever  since  I've   had  your  hugs  and  kisses,"  Andy  said  sadly. 

"Also  love,  thank  you  for  the   beautiful  roses.  They  smell  beautiful!"  I  told  him. 

"I'm  glad  you  like  them  love.  When  is  your  next   concert?  Am  I  keeping  you  too  long?"  Andy  asked  curiously. 

He  seemed  to   miss  me  very  much.  I  felt  bad  for  him.

"Andy,  love,  I  called  you  just  to  hear  your  voice.   I  miss  you  a  lot  lovey,"  I  told  him  calmly.

"I  just  miss  you  a  lot.  I'm   gonna  be   coming  up  to  Vegas  next  week  love  after  we  finish  up  some  promotional  stuff  for  Shadow  Dancing," he  said  quietly.  

"I   can't  wait  love.  I'll  make  sure  to  call  you  after  our  next  show  tonight,"  I  told  him  so  he  had  something   to  look  forward  to. 

"Well  love,  I'll  let  you  go  so  you  can  get  a  nap  in  before   you   have  your  next  show,"  Andy   said.

"Ok  Andy,  I'l  talk  to  you  later,  bye,"  I  spoke  with  a  yawn.

I  deicded  to  get  that  nap  in  so  I  would  be  rested  for  the  next  show. 

*later  in  the  evening,   during   the  second   show*

 (Y/N)'s  POV:

It  was  crazy  to  see   how  much  bigger  the   audience  grows  every   show.   I  never  thought  in  my  life  I  would   be  on  a  stage  like  this.   

I  looked   around   in  amazement  when  I  stepped  up  to  sing  lead  on, "There's  A  Kind  of  Hush,"  when  something  unusal  happened.

I  began  singing, "There's  a  Kind  of  Hush......"

But  the  audience  looked  puzzled.  I  looked  back   at  Karen  and  she  was  trying  to  sing  too. 

 But,  no  sound  was  coming  out  of  any  of  our  mics.   All  you  could  hear   was  the  instruments.  We  look  over  to  Richard  for  some  signal   to  stop   but  he  just  kept  playing.   I  took  lead  and  was  used  my  best  shouting  voice.

"Ladies  and  gentleman,  we  are  having  a  technical  problem  but  we  need  your  help   on  this  song.  Sing  along  if  you  know  it,"  I   looked  over  at  Richard  and  he  queued  the  band  to  start  from  the  beginning.  

"One,  two,  one  two  three,"  Richard  counted  off.

"There's  a  Kind  of  Hush,  all  over  the  world  tonight,"  me  and  Karen  sang  together. 

I  pointed  to  the  audience  to  sing  the  next  part.

"ALL  OVER  THE  WORLD  TONIGHT,   YOU  CAN  HEAR  THE  SOUND  OF  LOVERS  IN  LOVE,  YOU  KNOW  WHAT  I MEAN,"  the  audience  shouted.  

This  went  on   till  the  mics  magically  came  back  on.  

I  couldn't  wait  to  call  Andy  after  the  show.